Discouragement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

missionsasia

Nov 30, 2006
ARE YOU DISCOURAGED.? "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” Jer.29.11.I heard of Oswald Smith , in the year of 1920 he stood before the examining board for the selection of missionaries .He had wanted to be a missionary for as long as he could remember and for all that time had been crying out to GOD that He might open door for him to do so. Finally, his time had come. There he stood awaiting his destiny. His long awaited was about to come…No.Smith had not met the missionary board’s qualifications and was turned down for service. After a time of disappointment ,he decided that if could not be a missionary, he would build a church which would raise up some. And that is precisely what he did. The church he planted sent out more missionaries than any other church of its time.. And GOD used Oswald Smith mightily for His kingdom. Have you been disappointed recently ?. Discouragement is faint-heartedness, a state in which we lose all hope. We may lose confidence in GOD; He has not answered my prayer. I have been praying for so long. It is no use. May be He doesn’t love. Everything I try to d is a failure. I have no success in my job. In my future also everything is going to go wrong. Discouragement is one of the worst weapons of the devil. In the Bible we read of a man named Ahithophel who got discouraged and hanged himself and died. Even Elijah, the man who was o fire for God, ran away from the presence of God when he got discouraged and said “enough Lord, take me “Child of God, trials are sent ,not to destroy you, but to bring you spiritual promotion. So take them in right spirit. Let it not get you down all our hope and expectations come to pass like we think they should. Surely God has something better for you. So continue to see, knock and ask to have a real revelation of God. He has a plan for you, said the Lord, a plan for your prosperity , a plan to give you a hope and a future. Jer.29.11.Don’t let our circumstances rules over us. You need to be walking in victory. Rev.JACOB.C.CHACKOMISSIONS ASIAINDIA