Dispensationalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like you're trying to argue that a person has to believe in dispensationalism if they believe that animal sacrifices are no longer necessary, and it's an extremely poor argument to make.
Thinking about this again, maybe I have a better way to reply.

I'm trying to make the argument that if a person believes that sacrifices are no longer required, that this IS dispensationalism. Biblical dispensationalism.

Obvious some are really hung up on Darby (Larkin should figure in there too, he was very influential in promoting dispensations).

That there is a strong Biblical truth in dispensationalism. I'm not trying to argue Darby (I've never ever read the guy), or his views, whatever they are. I'm given a Scriptural presentation of Biblical dispensationalism.

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensationalism is NOT about Darby. Or Larkin. Or any others. It's from the Bible.

It seems you are unable to acknowledge the Biblical dispensations because you have this thing with Darby.

And if I can't split you from that, so be it.

Much love!
Yes It Is, Darby's Teachings Of A Pre-Trib Rapture, Covenant Israel, Dispensations, Are All Under The Umbrella Of Darby And "Dispensationalism"

Opinion Thread Title "Dispensationalism"

Once Again

"Dispensationalism" = John N. Darby

"Dispensation" = Bible

Wikipedia: John Nelson Darby (18 November 1800 – 29 April 1882) was an Anglo-Irish Bible teacher, one of the influential figures among the original Plymouth Brethren and the founder of the Exclusive Brethren. He is considered to be the father of modern Dispensationalism and Futurism. Pre-tribulation rapture theology was popularized extensively in the 1830s by John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren, and further popularized in the United States in the early 20th century by the wide circulation of the Scofield Reference Bible.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes It Is, Darby's Teachings Of A Pre-Trib Rapture, Covenant Israel, Dispensations, Are All Under The Umbrella Of Darby And "Dispensationalism"

Opinion Thread Title "Dispensationalism"

Once Again

"Dispensationalism" = John N. Darby

"Dispensation" = Bible

Wikipedia: John Nelson Darby (18 November 1800 – 29 April 1882) was an Anglo-Irish Bible teacher, one of the influential figures among the original Plymouth Brethren and the founder of the Exclusive Brethren. He is considered to be the father of modern Dispensationalism and Futurism. Pre-tribulation rapture theology was popularized extensively in the 1830s by John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren, and further popularized in the United States in the early 20th century by the wide circulation of the Scofield Reference Bible.
Already answered . . .

I think you and I have not much more to share on this thread . . .

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already answered . . .

I think you and I have not much more to share on this thread . . .

Much love!
Yes We Disagree, "Dispensationalism" Represents The Teachings Of (John Nelson Darby) "Dispensations" Was Just One Aspect Of His Many Teachings Within "Dispensationalism"

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Adulterer C.I. Scofield and his 1909 reference Bible was the greatest world influence, in promoting Darby's teachings in the margins, with millions of copies sold
And why not? That would be much better than your Bible published with false marginal notes!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how it's theoretically viewed as such but this is my opinion.

God came and spoke for the first 4,ooo years to the ppl by himself, his angels ,his prophets and his word. This was the Father's dispensation among mankind and he had chosen a tribe after the fall in the garden through the seed of Abraham.

Then we see the son's dispensation prophesied that he would be God come in the flesh born, tempted and dying like a man that the understanding would be yes I know what you go through. By grace through faith the Son, Jesus Christ is OUR only way to the Father at this time.....and for the last 2,000 some years.Again we have the word.

Then we see that Jesus returned to heaven and sat down on the right side of the Father's throne to be our advocate and interceed on our behalf but ..........

He sent back the promise of the Holy Ghost, our comforter teacher, guide, bringer of conviction to prick our hearts. The Spirit convicts and brings us to the Son,Jesus who in turn brings us to the Father God and he is the only way to the Father. By his word we continue our journey.

Is this dispensationalism, I don't know?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know how it's theoretically viewed as such but this is my opinion.

God came and spoke for the first 4,ooo years to the ppl by himself, his angels ,his prophets and his word. This was the Father's dispensation among mankind and he had chosen a tribe after the fall in the garden through the seed of Abraham.

Then we see the son's dispensation prophesied that he would be God come in the flesh born, tempted and dying like a man that the understanding would be yes I i know what you go through. By grace through faith the Son, JesusChrist is OUR only way to the Father at this time.....and for the last 2,000 some years.Again we have the word.

Then we see that Jesus returned to heaven and sat down on the right side of the Father's throne to be our advocate and interceed on our behalf but ..........

He sent back the promise of the Holy Ghost, our comforter teacher, guide, bringer of conviction to prick our hearts. The Spirit convicts and brings us to the Son,Jesu who in turn brings us to the Father God and he is the only way to the Father. By his word we continue our journey.

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Often discussions around dispensations seem to revolve around the distinction between the church and Israel in Scripture, rather than according to attempts to lump them together.......

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Often discussions around dispensations seem to revolve around the distinction between the church and Israel in Scripture, rather than according to attempts to lump them together.......

I do not believe the body has replaced God's wife Israel, but we are his bride.
I know some believe in replacement theology which is unbiblical.

God has HIS PLAN and man will never overthrow it not by hook or crook !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Yes, I would reckon that Israel as the wife of Jehovah and the church as the bride of Christ are Scriptural distinctions.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Generally, yes. But all one has to do is look at the covenants in the Bible and discern the corresponding dispensation. However Covenant Theology is not the same as Dispensationalism. So these are the generally recognized dispensations (administrations):
1. Innocence -- Adam
2. Conscience -- From the Fall to the Flood
3. Human Government -- Noah
4. Promises -- Abraham
5. Law -- Moses
6. Grace -- Christ
7. Millennial Kingdom -- The Kingdom of God on earth
8. The Eternal State (not generally mentioned)

There are also Hyper-or Ultra- Dispensationalists, but they should simply be ignored.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No such thing as replacement theology, this phrase was invented by those within the camp of Darbyism in Dispensationalism

Jesus Christ shed his blood on Calvary and the old covenant was abolished, and the "New Testament" in his blood was established

It's called inheritance theology, for all those who receive by faith this shed blood for the remission of sin

Darbyites promote (Dual Covenant Theology) falsely teaching God has (Two People) Israel and Church

Scripture teaches there is saved Church and unsaved Wicked, no inbetween

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally, yes. But all one has to do is look at the covenants in the Bible and discern the corresponding dispensation. However Covenant Theology is not the same as Dispensationalism. So these are the generally recognized dispensations (administrations):
1. Innocence -- Adam
2. Conscience -- From the Fall to the Flood
3. Human Government -- Noah
4. Promises -- Abraham
5. Law -- Moses
6. Grace -- Christ
7. Millennial Kingdom -- The Kingdom of God on earth
8. The Eternal State (not generally mentioned)

There are also Hyper-or Ultra- Dispensationalists, but they should simply be ignored.
Point #7 a millennial kingdom on earth doesn't exist in scripture, your chronological dispensations have fallen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Yes, I would reckon that Israel as the wife of Jehovah and the church as the bride of Christ are Scriptural distinctions.
God has no wife in a (National Israel) as claimed, the kingdom has been taken from (Israel) and given to the Church

Matthew 21:43KJV
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God has no wife in a (National Israel) as claimed, the kingdom has been taken from (Israel) and given to the Church

Matthew 21:43KJV
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
The church is not Israel.

1 Corinthians 10.32.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 10.32.
"Two" Israel's are seen below "Two"

Scripture clearly teaches Israel of the flesh "National Ethnic Israel" aren't the children of God

Scripture clearly teaches the "Church" is the promised seed, and the Israel of God

Simple, clear, easy to understand

Romans 9:6-8KJV
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Point #7 a millennial kingdom on earth doesn't exist in scripture, your chronological dispensations have fallen
Only in your dreams! Just goes to show that if you were to publish a Bible with marginal notes, you would be tearing out Revelation 20 (and whole sections of other books). At least Scofield did not do that (even though you badmouth him at every opportunity, in violation of the commandments of Christ). So your posts belie your screen name.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

1 Corinthians 10.32.
Jesus said to Nathaniel that he was a true Israelite ! such is one who knows God and serves God ! and What did Jesus say that Nathaniel would see ? bingo !

Now as to the Jews who followed Jesus they were worthy of Holy Moses, as such they were worthy of God but the rest were not worth of God at all, but lead astray by a Mob who were not worthy of God at all, as Jesus pointed out who they were of ? get that ! their Father of lies, who was a murderer from the beginning in fact !

So just because one is a Jew means nothing to God but that one knows him and serves him ! now if one is not truly born again, you would not know that fact.
The Jews that were Jesus disciples only had faith that he was the Christ, but when Jesus went to Heaven then they Knew for a fact who he truly was, that is more than Faith ! that's more than seeing and believing ! that's the Holy Spirit abiding in one and one does abide in it. one is sealed and Saved and grows in Grace. regardless what race, it's a Gift to the Soul ! and one becomes a true Man worthy of Gods creation and not some poor bastard that is deranged and a Slave to Sin.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 31:31-37 KJV
31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

There remain promises from God to Israel, and those promises will be fulfilled. This is the dispensation of grace and salvation to the Israelites.

Much love!

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..There remain promises from God to Israel, and those promises will be fulfilled..

If jews and all other Jesus-rejecters become christians they're in with a chance, otherwise they can forget it..:)

rel god-point2 (1).jpg