Do I really belong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
thank you very much, Thunder
smile.gif
I appreciate your support very much
biggrin.gif

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Morning_Joy;34429)
thank you very much, Thunder
smile.gif
I appreciate your support very much
biggrin.gif

I like the psalms which are on your posts, they are so comforting.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(Morning_Joy;33929)
hello again, everyoneI'm either in great trial, or maybe God is trying to tell me something through my feelings. I'm not sure...Some people on a "good" Christian site I go to for some reason make me feel like I don't belong in God's family. Either they are hypocrites, or they are right. They make me feel like I'm not a good person...they make me so angry. I just can't handle people who hold their heads up high and act like they're more "special" and "worthy" in God's eyes, so that makes them better than everybody else, just because they are part of God's "elect". I believe that we are all worthy in God's eyes. Maybe not worthy by His justice, but by His amazing love. This isn't found in the Bible, but I think it's an amazing quote and I agree with it...."God does not love us because we are worthy. We are worthy because God loves us, and for no other reason."-- Martin LutherSo, in conclusion, I don't know why I feel like I don't belong in God's family. But...is this a false feeling or is God telling me I don't belong?
Wow! I know exactly what you are talking about. The same thing has happened to me, a couple of times...even so I quickly realized that the forums and it's admin were not being Christian, but were only there to toot their own horn...if anyone ever disagreed with them it was if you had commited the worst possible sin...to say the least, I no longer am a part of Satan's workplace.

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
well, it really makes me mad. Those who profess themselves to love God, but then they ignore others and look down on young people like myself, they make me very upset.
sad.gif
I learned that they can really make you feel like you don't belong. In fact...just by them ignoring me...I feel like God is cursing me. And sometimes I meet Christians who actually think that some people are created solely for destruction, and curse. And that thought makes me uncomfortable, too. So then, I feel like throwing in the towel. I feel like giving up, like I have no purpose. But I do believe I have a purpose, and God could be testing me. It's like a "stem of madness"; one thing leads to another. It's very upsetting and uncomfortable. What should I do?

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
It's pretty easy, really. You feel like you don't belong, because you don't. You don't belong to any group of people that say they believe in God. You belong to God. I often feel the same way that you do, but not for the same reasons. I'm pretty sure it is a common human trait to try to fit in, even if you don't. You need to try and overcome this trait and belong to God, not to men. Then you will find people just like you who aren't trying to fit in, and you will fit in.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(Morning_Joy;36566)
well, it really makes me mad. Those who profess themselves to love God, but then they ignore others and look down on young people like myself, they make me very upset.
sad.gif
I learned that they can really make you feel like you don't belong. In fact...just by them ignoring me...I feel like God is cursing me. And sometimes I meet Christians who actually think that some people are created solely for destruction, and curse. And that thought makes me uncomfortable, too. So then, I feel like throwing in the towel. I feel like giving up, like I have no purpose. But I do believe I have a purpose, and God could be testing me. It's like a "stem of madness"; one thing leads to another. It's very upsetting and uncomfortable. What should I do?
MJ, it is very obvious that these sites yo are talking about are not right for you, and from my own experience by them treating you that way, maybe it is really God telling you it is not the place for you. One site I was on, was so inviting at first, but it soon came quite clear it was only a farce in attracting new members. The site administrator is so messed up on pain management meds that half of the time will jump into a discussion complaining about how it is going, warn everyone, leave and come back later begging for forgiveness, because of their quick to anger loss of control. Every rule on that site, admin breaks them self and turn around and warn and ban others.I always feel the way you do, about others ignoring me, or making riffs, but you know what...when I set back and look at it, I am being persecuted for doing what God wants us to do. Always a good sign that I'm doing something right.Keep the faith, keep sharing, you do have a purpose, and unfortunately we will face great offense...the more offense the more likely we are doing exactly that which God desires for us to do.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:17"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 7:21"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
I agree with all of youbut sometimes I just wonder whether God wants me or not. Jesus said that whoever believes on Him has everlasting life. But the Bible also says that nobody can come to God unless He draws them. I mean, what does that mean exactly? why doesn't God draw everybody? It's very confusing.
sad.gif
And sometimes I forget what the Father's will even is.
sad.gif