Do We Spend Eternity in Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Scripture does in fact say we will go on to live with Jesus in heaven. Maybe not directly, but by understanding of the scriptures below.
Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Scripture speaks of eternal life, that has to be spiritual life, not carnal.
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
We know that Adam did not die carnally the day he ate, so it had to be a spiritual death.

Jesus, speaking to Martha.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Adam ate of the tree, and he died spiritually. Since Adam passed death on to his children, no one has been born alive (spiritually). But if one is dead spiritually (all of us were) but believes, he shall live spiritually.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
After a dead person lives and continues to believe, they shall never die. If we believe Jesus then we know that person is still alive spiritually.

How about his disciples sitting around the throne of his kingdom, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. That was not here on earth. I say was not, because it is past not future. The bible speaks of those that lived under law being judged.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

If his disciples are sitting spiritually with him around the throne and we can show that is in heaven, then we shall also spend eternity with him in heaven.

1Ki_22:19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
2Ch_18:18 Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the LORD; I saw the LORD sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.
Psa_11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Isa_14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa_66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
Mat_5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Mat_23:22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
Act_7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
Why would anyone want to sit on God's throne?
Heaven is Gods throne where the Spirit of God sits and directs life by His act of will.

john 4
24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Isaiah 66
1 Thus says the Lord: "Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?

The first heaven and the first earth will pass away. We will Live with God for eternity.

Revelation 21
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Matthew 8:11
And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 11:11
“Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Luke 23:42-43
Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

2 Peter 1
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
Kingdom is the key word. The kingdom begins with Christ returning and setting up His thousand year reign here on earth. The kingdom will be ruled by the king of Kings and lord of Lords. When Christ takes up His great power and reigns. Then after the thousand years God will remove the first heavens and the first earth and bring in the new heavens and the new earth that will be eternal with no decay.