Do we walk with God as sinners?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confession of sin does no good in and if itself, so, verse 9 relates to those who have been saved after which Confession is the remedy for sin. Verses 8 and 9 definitely relates to those who have been saved and subsequently sin whereby Confession is all that's necessary whereas baptism was initially necessary.

Some for some people all they have to do is confess their sin... and they are free to continue living in sin?

Forsaking their sin is not a requirement? clueless-scratching.gif

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confession of sin does no good in and if itself, so, verse 9 relates to those who have been saved after which Confession is the remedy for sin. Verses 8 and 9 definitely relates to those who have been saved and subsequently sin whereby Confession is all that's necessary whereas baptism was initially necessary.
What should I do with these? Rip them out of the Bible?

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
That's NOT all the Lord said on this subject.

Those that do not except the whole counsel of God (cherry pickers)... will be deceived.

Some claim salvation is by faith alone... they do not understand that when we believe, they IS in fact a good work!

It's something WE do thru Christ.
It's not "earning" our salvation... it's responding properly to the Lord's plan of salvation for mankind.

John 6:28,29
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom he hath sent.

If we were to do nothing, the Jesus would have corrected them and told them "you heretics, quit trying to earn your salvation!" But that's NOT what Jesus told them.

Here are things God's Word tells us we must DO... to be saved:

*We must believe

John 6:28,29
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom he hath sent.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

*We must Repent

Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

*We must Hear God's Word / Receive and Accept God's Word

Luke 8:12

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

*Confess Your Sins

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

*Confess with your Mouth that Jesus is Lord

Romans 10:9,10

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

*Turn from Your Self Righteousness / Humble Yourself

Matthew 18:3

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Be wise and not deviate from what you started, and post bunch of wasted verses.

If attaining salvation in the beginning is by works according to you, than you're a heretic, end of story.

In order to avoid the point, don't say that's was not the only thing the Lord said.

That what He said is a significant and valid point, where to the attaining of salvation is, without works.

i believe we're done here, thank you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i believe we're done here, thank you.

Yeah, those not accepting ALL the Lord says on the subject... would be done.

The real terror is the Lord not allowing some in to Heaven since Jesus did say "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER" (Matthew 7:21).

Jesus also said thru the Apostle James to "be ye DOERS OF THE WORD, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22)

The Lord expects His people to DO some stuff after getting born again... in fact, getting born again requires some good work on our part which of course the Lord empowers us to do... but we have to make the decision to either submit to Him or not to submit to him.

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

If it were by faith alone and no action is required on our part... then Jesus would not have said “let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me” in Luke 9:23.

Only living faith saves, since faith without works is dead... faith alone is not saving faith because there's no good fruit being produced by that faith because it is dead as in the person is not acting like their faith is true and real. Folks that believe this are deceived according to James 1:22 which tells us to “doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves”.

God does not accept dead faith as that faith is no better than the devil’s faith! (James 2:19)

1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Philippians 4:13 tells us "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" so this agrees with John 15 that the Lord is the One bearing good fruit thru us IF we are co laborers with the Lord and allow the Holy Spirit to lead us (Romans 8:14) and IF we allow the Holy Spirit to live in us (Romans 8:9)

Matthew 7:18,19
A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

John 15:2
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Reckon Jesus didn't get the memo from the so called reformers that salvation is by faith only??? (see James 2:14-26)

The Lord says the following thru the Apostle James:

James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:24
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 1:21,22
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness (walking after the flesh – see Gal 6:7,8), and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Apparently one is justified by faith AND by works.... and the man that believes justification is by faith only is a "vain" man.

Sounds like either Jesus is wrong or the so called reformers are wrong since they teach an partial truth and leave the part out about works leaving the door open to sinful living (license to sin).

Martin Luther was a known drunk so I can see how he would want to leave the part about works out so he could continue drinking his beloved booze which is living in sin! (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-13)

Quite the quandary here... who shall we say is in error the Lord or the reformers??? That tis the question!

Hang in there bud... you'll get it one of these days! thumbsup2.gif

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, those not accepting ALL the Lord says on the subject... would be done.

The real terror is the Lord not allowing some in to Heaven since Jesus did say "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER" (Matthew 7:21).

Jesus also said thru the Apostle James to "be ye DOERS OF THE WORD, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22)

The Lord expects His people to DO some stuff after getting born again... in fact, getting born again requires some good work on our part which of course the Lord empowers us to do... but we have to make the decision to either submit to Him or not to submit to him.

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

If it were by faith alone and no action is required on our part... then Jesus would not have said “let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me” in Luke 9:23.

Only living faith saves, since faith without works is dead... faith alone is not saving faith because there's no good fruit being produced by that faith because it is dead as in the person is not acting like their faith is true and real. Folks that believe this are deceived according to James 1:22 which tells us to “doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves”.

God does not accept dead faith as that faith is no better than the devil’s faith! (James 2:19)

1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Philippians 4:13 tells us "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me" so this agrees with John 15 that the Lord is the One bearing good fruit thru us IF we are co laborers with the Lord and allow the Holy Spirit to lead us (Romans 8:14) and IF we allow the Holy Spirit to live in us (Romans 8:9)

Matthew 7:18,19
A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

John 15:2
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Reckon Jesus didn't get the memo from the so called reformers that salvation is by faith only??? (see James 2:14-26)

The Lord says the following thru the Apostle James:

James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:24
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 1:21,22
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness (walking after the flesh – see Gal 6:7,8), and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Apparently one is justified by faith AND by works.... and the man that believes justification is by faith only is a "vain" man.

Sounds like either Jesus is wrong or the so called reformers are wrong since they teach an partial truth and leave the part out about works leaving the door open to sinful living (license to sin).

Martin Luther was a known drunk so I can see how he would want to leave the part about works out so he could continue drinking his beloved booze which is living in sin! (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-13)

Quite the quandary here... who shall we say is in error the Lord or the reformers??? That tis the question!

Hang in there bud... you'll get it one of these days! View attachment 39894
Am perplexed, what's wrong with you, by the grace of GOD because of Lord Jesus Christ, i've already got it......

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So Apostle Paul never showed there is a 'condition' for being in the walk after The Spirit? that all future sins are automatically forgiven by Christ?

Rom 8:1-5
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His Own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us,

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
KJV

No, Paul never taught that all 'future' sin by the believer is automatically forgiven by Christ Jesus. Paul taught a DIFFERENCE with how we WALK. And it is that ONLY by walking after The Spirit will we not be doing the works of the flesh.

What happens then, when a BELIEVER on Christ slips up and tells a LIE? Is telling a LIE a work after The Spirit, or a work of the flesh? And if you say 'believers' on The Lord Jesus Christ cannot tell a LIE, then you go against what Apostle John taught in 1 John 1 about those who claim they have no sin, thus making Jesus a liar instead.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we walk with God as sinners?

Walk with God? IS a man hearing, following, trusting, believing Gods word same as God believes His own word.

Is a man who walks with God a sin-less man? No.

Can that man who walk with God ever commit another sin? Yes

Definitively….. Yes
Why?………….. Because he is a natural born in sin creature.

What about “a” man:
* Who is alive…
* Who heard, believed, trusts, follows Gods word…
* Who by his own word Confessed his true heartful belief…
* Who by his own agreement lays down his own natural life unto death for God…(according to Gods Order and Way) ie Crucifixion of his body’ life, WITH Christ Jesus?

IS “That man a sinner”?
* Yes. That man is a “forgiven sinner”.

IS “That man accounted” a NEW creature?
Yes.

By Whose “accounting record” “IS” that man a NEW Creature? Gods

Can “THAT” man “forgiven of his sins”….EVER AGAIN ”COMMIT” sin?
No.

Why not?
Because his body is accounted DEAD.
The DEAD, can know, can do nothing.

Because his body is after it’s Spiritual (accounted- Death)…
THEN Spiritually…Washed, Cleansed, Sanctified, Justified, Sealed, Reserved for Resurrection, in the manifestation of his Glorified Body.

And his natural spirit has received the SEED of God and become “spirit” Born Again, and NOT subject to Death.

Glory to God,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The matter is actually very simple, once one understands what this present world and our existence in a flesh body is all about. This present world, according to 2 Peter 3, is reserved unto destruction by fire, Apostle Peter said. So this present world does not represent God's Kingdom to come. This present world is imperfect, and so is our existence in flesh bodies.

The 'real' us is our spirit with soul that dwells inside... these flesh shells we live in. That is what Apostle Paul revealed in 2 Corinthians 5 about our earthly house vs. our other house that we also have which is not made with hands, that is eternal in the heavens.

These flesh bodies are thus destined to die along with this present imperfect world. That means then, to quit thinking of Christ's Salvation as some fleshy thing of this present world. It's not.

It also means to realize that as long as we are in these imperfect flesh bodies of death, our flesh body will cause sin. You think God doesn't know this? That's why He sent His Son to die on the cross to be the Perfect Sacrifice for sin. It's to find out who wants to be with Him and The Father for Eternity. That's what this present world is about, to find out Who we would choose to follow. And when our flesh body dies, only then will be completely free of the 'law of sin' that is in our fleshy members, according to Apostle Paul in the Book of Romans.

That is why we are given Christ's Message through His Apostle John in 1 John 1 for the 'believer' to repent, and ask Jesus forgiveness of future sin. That also is what Communion time with Lord Jesus is about, working our problems out with Him in prayer.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Apostle Paul never showed there is a 'condition' for being in the walk after The Spirit? that all future sins are automatically forgiven by Christ?

Rom 8:1-5
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His Own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us,

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
KJV

No, Paul never taught that all 'future' sin by the believer is automatically forgiven by Christ Jesus. Paul taught a DIFFERENCE with how we WALK. And it is that ONLY by walking after The Spirit will we not be doing the works of the flesh.

What happens then, when a BELIEVER on Christ slips up and tells a LIE? Is telling a LIE a work after The Spirit, or a work of the flesh? And if you say 'believers' on The Lord Jesus Christ cannot tell a LIE, then you go against what Apostle John taught in 1 John 1 about those who claim they have no sin, thus making Jesus a liar instead.

I do not believe 1 John 1 is talking to the Christian when he says we have sin. Rip these out too...

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am perplexed, what's wrong with you, by the grace of GOD because of Lord Jesus Christ, i've already got it......

When the future gets here, we'll find out who has salvation and who does not.

Many in our dark day in which we live are following a different jesus and a different gospel, so we'll see how all this works out.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 3 & 5

I don't know. Rip them out if you like, but before you do, read the same letter, only start a bit earlier like at
1 John 2:1-2

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of the New Covenant is to deliver people from sin.... as in STOP sinning! 2thumbs-up.gif

Hebrews 10:1-4
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. Rip them out if you like, but before you do, read the same letter, only start a bit earlier like at
1 John 2:1-2

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
So what is it? John can't make up his mind? He contradicts himself writing only 5 chapters? A belief system called Gnosticism was taking root in Christianity at the time the book of John was being written that taught there was a supreme and unknowable Being, which they designated as the "Monad." The Monad produced various gods, who in turn produced other gods, and one of these gods called the "Demiurge" created the earth and then ruled over it as an angry, evil and jealous god. Gnostics believe this evil god was the god of the Old Testament who is called "Elohim" and so the Monad had to send another god known as the "Christ" to bring special knowledge to mankind and free them from the influence of the evil Elohim. And this is why the gnostics do not seek salvation from repenting of their sin (but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence) that they believe the evil creator God and his angels caused. They emphasize salvation of select humans from bodily existence through their awakening to the knowledge of their original divine identity. I believe the Apostle John had them on his mind when he wrote the Epistle of 1 John saying you must realize you have sin and repent. John was not talking to the already saved Christian as the Catholics would like you to believe.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe 1 John 1 is talking to the Christian when he says we have sin. Rip these out too...
Oh, I realize that's the lie you believe, so you can keep men's false OSAS tradition.

John in 1 John 1 was speaking to the BELIEVER on Jesus Christ, and INCLUDING himself. Anyone with common sense that actually desires to read with accuracy understands John is speaking to Christians. Only the rebellious deny that.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I realize that's the lie you believe, so you can keep men's false OSAS tradition.

Yep. OSAS is the most destructive of all of satan's false doctrines.

The devil's claim in the garden of eden was that they could sin against God and not die spiritually... and this was the first OSAS sermon ever preached... a message from the devil to Adam and Eve to deceive them in to sin against God.

Jesus did NOT go to the Cross to make this lie of the devil..,. to become true that we can sin and not die spiritually which is to become separated from God for our sin. This is why IF we sin we must confess and forsake out sin for be cleansed.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the future gets here, we'll find out who has salvation and who does not.

Many in our dark day in which we live are following a different jesus and a different gospel, so we'll see how all this works out.
Shame on those adopting new age religion teachings...Jesus does not change...no different gospel..it is the same...has been...will be the same.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus does not change...no different gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if he that cometh preacheth another jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or
another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

This is in reference to a false jesus and a false gospel homie!

That's what the fakse stuff is called.

It's satan's counterfeit to trick people in to following an angel of light (demon)

2 Corinthians 11:14,15
And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

This too is a warning to Christians that satan and his demons are running a counterfiet religion designed to appear to be true Christianity but it is actually deception.

Reactions: gpresdo