Do we walk with God as sinners?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both...fear.... because the Bible teaches...."fear God"....as in need to keep His commandments. Love...for what He offers us to keep His righteous state ...until the end...the Bible says.
I might add another element....respect. I want to live for our Savior because of what He endured on the cross.... for my salvation.
Well said! But respect indicates seeing someone as an equal. So No!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tolerance have been given to believers who sin

Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For
he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

God is NOT mocked, those that sow to the flesh reap corruption and if they don't confess and forsake their sin immediately... there is no "tolerance" or mercy until we confess AND forsake our sin.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For
he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

God is NOT mocked, those that sow to the flesh reap corruption and if they don't confess and forsake their sin immediately... there is no "tolerance" or mercy until we confess AND forsake our sin.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
'If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.' (1John1:8)

Now, continue with the next verse 9, 'If we confess our sins, ............' (and is not, 'If we confessed our sins, ......')

This epistle of Apostle John is written to circulate among the churches, to be read to all born again believers.

And, this does not give permission for a believer to keep on sinning and then confess again and again.

Because, there are consequences to believers who continue to sin, for one, they belong to the devil.

Jesus said, "Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are teaching for doctrine the commandments of men prosperity gospel, adopted by mega churches.

Don't forget to include the poverty vow gospel in all that.

There are some that believe God wants His people to be dirt poor so they can be closer to Him.

That of course is one extreme on the opposite end of the belief that God wants all His people to be multi-millionaires.

A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight - Proverbs 11:1

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Don't forget to include the poverty vow gospel in all that.

There are some that believe God wants His people to be dirt poor so they can be closer to Him.

That of course is one extreme on the opposite end of the belief that God wants all His people to be multi-millionaires.

A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight - Proverbs 11:1
What about Jesus saying, sell all your things, give it to the poor, then come and follow Me?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I'm not the one claiming it's wrong to own stuff... you gotta keep up man!
According to post #48 it seem like you did, responding to the calling of Jesus i've quoted.

Anyway, is discussion to your topic is done already?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
We are told God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners. John 9

How then would God let those he doesn't hear walk with him?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
A belief system called Gnosticism was taking root in Christianity at the time the book of John was being written that taught there was a supreme and unknowable Being, which they designated as the "Monad." The Monad produced various gods, who in turn produced other gods, and one of these gods called the "Demiurge" created the earth and then ruled over it as an angry, evil and jealous god. Gnostics believe this evil god was the god of the Old Testament who is called "Elohim" and so the Monad had to send another god known as the "Christ" to bring special knowledge to mankind and free them from the influence of the evil Elohim. And this is why the gnostics do not seek salvation from repenting of their sin (but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence) that they believe the evil creator God and his angels caused. They emphasize salvation of select humans from bodily existence through their awakening to the knowledge of their original divine identity. I believe the Apostle John had them on his mind when he wrote the Epistle of 1 John saying you must realize you have sin and repent. John was not talking to the already saved Christian as the Catholics would like you to believe.

Reactions: gpresdo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners. John 9

How then would God let those he doesn't hear walk with him?
That message was from the blind man to the Pharisees regarding whether God hears Jesus. Jesus is our Christ and has become our mediator with God. God now hears us imperfect folk thru the atonement of Christ.

The Lamb of God, Jesus forgives us our sins and allows us the comforter or the Holy Ghost so that God can hear those that have sinned.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to post #48 it seem like you did

It was sarcasm since nobody believes it's a sin to own anything.

There are those that take great pride in being poor and believe being poor earns them special recognition with the Lord.

It's like the old time poverty vows.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That message was from the blind man to the Pharisees regarding whether God hears Jesus. Jesus is our Christ and has become our mediator with God. God now hears us imperfect folk thru the atonement of Christ.

The Lamb of God, Jesus forgives us our sins and allows us the comforter or the Holy Ghost so that God can hear those that have sinned.
There are more passages in the same vein.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are more passages in the same vein.
Yes God the Father does not hear sinners, but Jesus our mediator does visit with sinners. His spirit is now inside the Holy Ghost. What's the nature and mission of Jesus and what does he do. His Job is to save sinners. How is he going to do that if he ignores them?

"So He spoke this parable to them, saying: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing."

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 15:3-7 - New King James Version

Mark 2:15-17 Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. And when the scribes | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now

So I'm imagining a sinner that is tired of being a sinner and reaches out to God, but God's busy being righteous and doesn't listen to them because God doesn't hear sinners. Jesus fails that sinner because he doesn't go after the lost sheep. Is any of that making sense? I hope not because it's nonsense.

Jesus goes after the sinners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have found in studying the scriptures that God still considered us sinners unless we walk perfectly. Yet thru the atonement of Christ as we repent of not walking as God the Father walks, we are forgiven and allowed to have the Holy Spirit with us. And we learn to do better.

I drew that conclusion when I studied the sheep and goats parable and who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. That and the church spelled out in the bible had all things in common and no poor among them. They sold all and distributed it among them according to everyone's needs.

Here's one that I have studied.

Leviticus 26: 23-24, 27-28

If a person, who is in the faith, walks contrary to God then so will God walk contrary onto them.

Another one I examined is Hosea 14:9

Jesus talks about how he chastens and reproves members of the body of Christ in Revelations 2 and 3.

Then there's the parable of the sower in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. How the born-again believer can fall into the things of the world, those who uphold on their walk and those who don't.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's one that I have studied.

Leviticus 26: 23-24, 27-28

If a person, who is in the faith, walks contrary to God then so will God walk contrary onto them.

Another one I examined is Hosea 14:9

Jesus talks about how he chastens and reproves members of the body of Christ in Revelations 2 and 3.

Then there's the parable of the sower in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. How the born-again believer can fall into the things of the world, those who uphold on their walk and those who don't.
Both good points, thanks, yes if we walk contrary to God he may lovingly chastise us back onto the path. But I don't think he is not aware of us and our actions being in the body of Christ.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
It was sarcasm since nobody believes it's a sin to own anything.

There are those that take great pride in being poor and believe being poor earns them special recognition with the Lord.

It's like the old time poverty vows.
Didn't the widow put in the offering her last 2 coins, and have nothing left but poverty ahead on?

Did not Jesus commend her that she gave every thing she had, while others gave out of their abundance?

Didn't He by using this example, disciple His disciples in lesson about giving to the Kingdom of GOD?