Do You Ever Hold Back From Asking A Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember when I first came to faith I thought Christians were speaking a different language -can someone explain in very simple way what ‘ Eschatology ‘ means- the threads in that forum throw me at times because I haven’t got a clue what half the things they are discussing actually mean !
Is it just a posh word for ‘ End time ‘

Also can someone explain the ’Reformation ‘ ……..I know that reform means to change but what did we change from and what did we change to …….definately showing my ignorance with these subjects

Stupid questions to some, but I figured Its worth a risk asking !

Bingo!!!..same here...I didn’t know what regenerated and imperishable seed meant...imo..all is revealed to us in Gods timing....obviously we study...for me, I need heart revelation,xx

I keep asking God to help me understand and he does....some things he has not revealed to me even though I’ve asked for many years, I guess some things I’m not meant to know,xx

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when I first came to faith I thought Christians were speaking a different language -can someone explain in very simple way what ‘ Eschatology ‘ means- the threads in that forum throw me at times because I haven’t got a clue what half the things they are discussing actually mean !

Also can someone explain the ’Reformation ‘ ……..I know that reform means to change but what did we change from and what did we change to …….definately showing my ignorance with these subjects

Stupid questions to some, but I figured Its worth a risk asking !

Eschatology Is not a Biblical word, rather a word men devised to mean, having particular interest in the End of Days of the World and Mankind.
No doubt as many as their ARE of manKIND, so also will there be OPINIONS regarding of Who, What, When, Where, Why, How…this present World will end, and Mortal manKind will Cease.
Not surprised you likely find some things under that Topic being said seem odd.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Rita

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
‘ Eschatology ‘ means- the threads in that forum throw me at times because I haven’t got a clue what half the things they are discussing actually mean !
I don’t even visit it,hehehe,xx
Found this interesting bit of scripture....I guess last days mean end times?
2 Timothy 31 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bingo!!!..same here...I didn’t know what regenerated and imperishable seed meant...imo..all is revealed to us in Gods timing....obviously we study...for me, I need heart revelation,xx

I keep asking God to help me understand and he does....some things he has not revealed to me even though I’ve asked for many years, I guess some things I’m not meant to know,xx

You are on the right track…Remember…Scripture is KNOWLEDGE…
Scripture reveals “Gods KNOWLEDGE”…and individual mens “KNOWLEDGE” that God approved, for manKIND to Learn from other mens beliefs, experiences, Outcomes.

God WILL GIVE (For, ie Because a man ASKS ie. a “converted man IN Christ”…)
Gods “UNDERSTANDING” of “HIS” Knowledge…(His Word)…
Because HE IS the SOURCE “of” His Word.

Asking for example…why did…Paul, this king or that king, or any other person do this or that….makes the “other” the source to “ask”… God answers the WHY’S that applies to God being the “SOURCE”…. AND WILL “answer” at the moment YOU “NEED” the answer. Sometimes it is “immediate”…”days later”…or “years later”….
God knows when the answer IS precisely most beneficial for you.

God Bless you,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are on the right track…Remember…Scripture is KNOWLEDGE…
Scripture reveals “Gods KNOWLEDGE”…and individual mens “KNOWLEDGE” that God approved, for manKIND to Learn from other mens beliefs, experiences, Outcomes.
Gods ............”Living “..........word is knowledge....the Bible is his written word..that knowledge needs to penetrate our heart by the witness of the Holy Spirit, his Spirit brings our spirit to Gods truth.....we are led to understand the written word of God by the witness, the Holy Spirit, he witnesses Gods truth to our spirit.xx
God reveals his knowledge to our hearts, wether that be reading scripture or listening to a preacher....Gods Living word must penetrate our heart, ...we understand his word by the witness of the Holy Spirit....only he can witness Gods truth to our heart, man cannot.

Scripture is understood in the Spirit..not our heads....The Bible is written in the Spirit,therefore understood in Spirit...the natural man can’t understand God’s word.
God WILL GIVE (For, ie Because a man ASKS ie. a “converted man IN Christ”…)
Gods “UNDERSTANDING” of “HIS” Knowledge…(His Word)…
Because HE IS the SOURCE “of” His Word.

Asking for example…why did…Paul, this king or that king, or any other person do this or that….makes the “other” the source to “ask”… God answers the WHY’S that applies to God being the “SOURCE”…. AND WILL “answer” at the moment YOU “NEED” the answer.

Sometimes it is “immediate”…”days later”…or “years later”….
God knows when the answer IS precisely most beneficial for you.
Yes.100% agree..Amen!
God Bless you,
Taken
God reveals his word to me his way....we all have our own unique way of understanding Gods way/ word.....as we well see on this forum...

When we start telling people how God speaks to us or how we should come to believe in God, then it starts going down hill.

I can only go by the Living word of God.....don’t get me wrong I listen to others....only God can speak direct to my heart and he does ..only the Living word of God can penetrate the heart of his child,xximo/ belief.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t even visit it,hehehe,xx
Found this interesting bit of scripture....I guess last days mean end times?
2 Timothy 31 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

There are a series of “Last days”…(seemingly because manKIND naturally lives only so long, and each individual manKIND of being has and shall experience “last days”…

The Lord God ALSO has planned “Last days”, regarding…particular events that “MUST” come to pass….and Scripture reveals language such as … “THESE Last Day”….which indicate the “certain things MUST come to pass”, BEFORE, “THE” last days, whereby, Mortals cease to exist.

For 4,000 years manKIND in their own days of life, as well wondered IF and WHEN and HOW this present world would end…

2,000 years ago, manKIND was given Notice of THESE last days, and WHAT to expect, BY WHOM, and further knowledge revealed…OF WHO SHALL Hear and Receive the Knowledge of God, in THESE last days.

Heb. 1:
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are a series of “Last days”…(seemingly because manKIND naturally lives only so long, and each individual manKIND of being has and shall experience “last days”…

The Lord God ALSO has planned “Last days”, regarding…particular events that “MUST” come to pass….and Scripture reveals language such as … “THESE Last Day”….which indicate the “certain things MUST come to pass”, BEFORE, “THE” last days, whereby, Mortals cease to exist.

For 4,000 years manKIND in their own days of life, as well wondered IF and WHEN and HOW this present world would end…

2,000 years ago, manKIND was given Notice of THESE last days, and WHAT to expect, BY WHOM, and further knowledge revealed…OF WHO SHALL Hear and Receive the Knowledge of God, in THESE last days.

Heb. 1:
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Glory to God,
Taken
Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Taken

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Any thoughts about the reformation and what it actually means ?

Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods Living word is knowledge....the Bible is his written word..that knowledge needs to penetrate our heart by the witness of the Holy Spirit, his Spirit brings our spirit to Gods truth.
God reveals his knowledge to our hearts, wether that be reading scripture or listening to a preacher....Gods Living word must penetrate our heart, ...we understand his word by the witness of the Holy Spirit....only he can witness Gods truth to our heart, man cannot.

Yes.100% agree..Amen!

God reveals his word to me his way....we all have our own unique way of understanding Gods way/ word.....as we well see on this forum...

When we start telling people how God speaks to us or how we should come to believe in God, then it starts going down hill.

I can only go by the Living word of God.....don’t get me wrong I listen to others....only God can speak direct to my heart and he does ..only the Living word of God can penetrate the heart of his child,xximo/ belief.

Yes…Knowledge is one thing…Knowledge of “Gods Word”, is expressly from God…and Even Satan himself knows the Knowledge of Gods Word.

Understanding OF Gods Word, IS “ONLY” given a man, “DIRECTLY from God”…
WHOM does God “GIVE” His Understanding “OF HIS WORD”?
Satan? No (not entitled)
Unbelievers? No (not entitled)
Believers? No (not Vested, can still walk away)
“Those who have willingly HEARTFULY VOWED with “THEIR WORD”, their BELIEF IN the Lord God”? Yes. THEY HAVE (with their Heartful WORD, AND their OWN LIFE), fully COMMITTED and AGREED for the POWER of GOD to INTERNALLY (called IN Christ) to once and Forever KEEP them ONLY unto God (called a living sacrifice)

It IS “THEY” who receive a BORN AGAIN spirit, via the Works of God, via Gods SEED, that “THEY” thereafter, CAN EXPRESSLY COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH GOD…”their spirit TO His Spirit”….and ask anything of Him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes…Knowledge is one thing…Knowledge of “Gods Word”, is expressly from God…and Even Satan himself knows the Knowledge of Gods Word.

Satan cannot enter the spirit of a Born Again.he can only enter the mind.....and I never knew that Satan can understand God’s word in the Spirit?...please direct me to scripture.or maybe I am misunderstanding you?

Easy done in text.
Understanding OF Gods Word, IS “ONLY” given a man, “DIRECTLY from God”…
WHOM does God “GIVE” His Understanding “OF HIS WORD”?
Satan? No (not entitled)
Unbelievers? No (not entitled)
Believers? No (not Vested, can still walk away)
“Those who have willingly HEARTFULY VOWED with “THEIR WORD”, their BELIEF IN the Lord God”? Yes. THEY HAVE (with their Heartful WORD, AND their OWN LIFE), fully COMMITTED and AGREED for the POWER of GOD to INTERNALLY (called IN Christ) to once and Forever KEEP them ONLY unto God (called a living sacrifice)

It IS “THEY” who receive a BORN AGAIN spirit, via the Works of God, via Gods SEED, that “THEY” thereafter, CAN EXPRESSLY COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH GOD…”their spirit TO His Spirit”….and ask anything of Him.
Thanks for voicing your opinion as I voiced mine above,xx

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 12:
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

This is a man WHO, has confessed his Heartful Belief with his own Word…and become “crucified” with Christ Jesus, as a means of Giving his own LIFE unto Death…consecrating his VOW of Belief.

An OLD natural body IS NOT prepared to become RISEN in a NEW glorified Body, UNTIL the OLD body “IS” promised or given unto DEATH “FOR” their Belief and Love of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rom 12:
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

This is a man WHO, has confessed his Heartful Belief with his own Word…and become “crucified” with Christ Jesus, as a means of Giving his own LIFE unto Death…consecrating his VOW of Belief.

An OLD natural body IS NOT prepared to become RISEN in a NEW glorified Body, UNTIL the OLD body “IS” promised or given unto DEATH “FOR” their Belief and Love of God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Again, thanks for your opinion.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another talking point.....is what triggers a reaction in me....I still have to be very careful of that one.....when people start “ Telling “ me instead of putting their opinion across...I too have been guilty of this.

When they “ TELL”,me I’m wrong...that’s like putting a red flag in front of a bull....hehehe...so, I’m very aware of that trigger,xx

It’s like they are telling me that their opinion is superior to mine...again,I too have done this and shouted members down...everyone here is putting their POV across...which is no more valid than anyone else’s.

I struggle at times, because my family forced me to believe that their opinion was the only right one...I tell you, the rubbish that was fed into me....therefore my opinion held no standing....I look back at that child ...who was me...and feel sorry for her.

Yet....I believe I was meant to go through all that rubbish...to become Born Again by the will of God..

Praise God for all that rubbish....now I’m safe in his arms!!xx

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen myself so full of pride...I see it looking back, then God once pulled the rug from under my feet and humiliated me, (that’s what I thought at the time) in front of another...I will never forget it..

Just once?! You must be a fast learner! wish I was too, lol!

Reactions: Ritajanice and Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan cannot enter the spirit of a Born Again.he can only enter the mind.....and I never knew that Satan can understand God’s word in the Spirit?...please direct me to scripture.or maybe I am misunderstanding you?

Easy done in text.

Thanks for voicing your opinion as I voiced mine above,xx

Satan can know Gods Knowledge…BUT NO, Satan can NOT “understand” Gods Knowledge….neither can the UN-converted Understand Gods Knowledge.

Understanding Gods Knowledge, Comes from God ONLY.

An atheist WANTS, “understanding” BEFORE considering to Believe…that is backwards.

Hearing comes FIRST.
Belief, comes NEXT.
The BELIEF, is fostered VIA Gods Gift of FAITH (for exerting the works TO HEAR)
Faith is given in measurements equal to Hearing and ACCEPTING the Faith to Believe.
Accepting the Gift of Faith, Believing, IS followed BY the Individuals, OWN Decision…
To DECLARE his TRUST IN GOD “TO Heartfully BELIEVE….and the individuals OWN choice to DECLARE his BELIEF…TO GOD…”(or not).

The Man (or Angel) have every opportunity to Trust to believe God, (or reject) Trusting and believing God…Their own Individual word Or lack thereof SHALL Determine their OWN eternal outcome.

God and re-emphasized BY the Lord Jesus…quite simply…He that is NOT “WITH” the Lord God…..IS (by default) AGAINST Him.

EX 32:33
Num 14:35
Matt 12:30
Luke 11:23

Gods Understanding come from God.
Job 32:8
Dan 9:22
Prov 2:6
2 Tim 2:7
Prov 3:5

Glory to God,
Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing we have to remember, is sadly, we can react in ways that distract from the actual conversation. If we do nto listen carefully. Or we may see or hear a dissenting view as an attack. when it is not.

Reactions: Taken and Rita

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another talking point.....is what triggers a reaction in me....I still have to be very careful of that one.....when people start “ Telling “ me instead of putting their opinion across...I too have been guilty of this.

When they “ TELL”,me I’m wrong...that’s like putting a red flag in front of a bull....hehehe...so, I’m very aware of that trigger,xx

It’s like they are telling me that their opinion is superior to mine...again,I too have done this and shouted members down...everyone here is putting their POV across...which is no more valid than anyone else’s.

I struggle at times, because my family forced me to believe that their opinion was the only right one...I tell you, the rubbish that was fed into me....therefore my opinion held no standing....I look back at that child ...who was me...and feel sorry for her.

Yet....I believe I was meant to go through all that rubbish...to become Born Again by the will of God..

Praise God for all that rubbish....now I’m safe in his arms!!xx

I dont like that either. But you have to respect people's edumacation (Lol) or they still get insulted. I accidently ran into a (supposed) real Physicist that was chopping down one of my posts. So I asked how he knows these things so he rattled off all his numbers and lletters after his name...lot'sa pride! So I gently assured him that we walk in faith and this is how God is revealing truth to us. There's laboratorys and there's hearts & spirits.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Satan can know Gods Knowledge…BUT NO, Satan can NOT “understand” Gods Knowledge….neither can the UN-converted Understand Gods Knowledge.

Understanding Gods Knowledge, Comes from God ONLY.

An atheist WANTS, “understanding” BEFORE considering to Believe…that is backwards.

Hearing comes FIRST.
Belief, comes NEXT.
The BELIEF, is fostered VIA Gods Gift of FAITH (for exerting the works TO HEAR)
Faith is given in measurements equal to Hearing and ACCEPTING the Faith to Believe.
Accepting the Gift of Faith, Believing, IS followed BY the Individuals, OWN Decision…
To DECLARE his TRUST IN GOD “TO Heartfully BELIEVE….and the individuals OWN choice to DECLARE his BELIEF…TO GOD…”(or not).

The Man (or Angel) have every opportunity to Trust to believe God, (or reject) Trusting and believing God…Their own Individual word Or lack thereof SHALL Determine their OWN eternal outcome.

God and re-emphasized BY the Lord Jesus…quite simply…He that is NOT “WITH” the Lord God…..IS (by default) AGAINST Him.

EX 32:33
Num 14:35
Matt 12:30
Luke 11:23

Gods Understanding come from God.
Job 32:8
Dan 9:22
Prov 2:6
2 Tim 2:7
Prov 3:5

Glory to God,
Taken
Once again, thanks for voicing your opinion.x

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Might be an idea to get back to the OP theme , so anyone else got any questions that need addressing………