• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think that Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is mostly positive or negative for humankind?

• Total voters

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, why would you want to have a Bible study with a machine? Would it not be surely be far better to actually have it with real life individuals, for example, meeting them in person and in the flesh? You can see how many, many young people in the West prefer to spend hours and hours using social media, playing video games, and being absorbed with technology while neglecting personal friendships - in real life.

And besides, I think there is a real privacy issue also with Artificial Intelligence also. I once gave an Amazon Echo to several Christian friends of mine, only for them to immediately return it b/c of such issues. I am not saying that people should never use it. Just saying that in the modern day and age, perhaps it is better "to be safe rather than sorry".
Amen brother! I truly believe Big Brother has total access to our phones and anything linked to the internet.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, why would you want to have a Bible study with a machine? Would it not be surely be far better to actually have it with real life individuals, for example, meeting them in person and in the flesh? You can see how many, many young people in the West prefer to spend hours and hours using social media, playing video games, and being absorbed with technology while neglecting personal friendships - in real life.

And besides, I think there is a real privacy issue also with Artificial Intelligence also. I once gave an Amazon Echo to several Christian friends of mine, only for them to immediately return it b/c of such issues. I am not saying that people should never use it. Just saying that in the modern day and age, perhaps it is better "to be safe rather than sorry".
I have to chuckle.

The In-person Bible Study Groups I have attended in recent years mostly use Smartphones all the way through to access everything from Scriptures, commentaries, websites, videos, hymns, and sermons, to fact-checking and nit-picking searches.

Using Chatbots in a Bible Study Group is a breeze and well-earned reward compared to the previous time-consuming task I had of preparing lesson outlines and notes.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to chuckle.

The In-person Bible Study Groups I have attended in recent years mostly use Smartphones all the way through to access everything from Scriptures, commentaries, websites, videos, hymns, and sermons, to fact-checking and nit-picking searches.

Using Chatbots in a Bible Study Group is a breeze and well-earned reward compared to the previous time-consuming task I had of preparing lesson outlines and notes.
I too have Bible apps on my phone.

But I've honestly never used Chatbots for anything Bible-study related.

The very basic concept of Artificial Intelligence seems dubious to me - it seems rooted in this arrogant secular / materialist belief that humanity can somehow eventually create "self-aware entities", playing God when they have little right to do so.

There was a popular movie about AI...a billionaire tech guy created an AI program to help defend his planet against hostile alien invaders. It turned rogue, destroyed an entire European nation and nearly wiped out the human race before it was narrowly stopped.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I too have Bible apps on my phone.

But I've honestly never used Chatbots for anything Bible-study related.

The very basic concept of Artificial Intelligence seems dubious to me - it seems rooted in this arrogant secular / materialist belief that humanity can somehow eventually create "self-aware entities", playing God when they have little right to do so.

There was a popular movie about AI...a billionaire tech guy created an AI program to help defend his planet against hostile alien invaders. It turned rogue, destroyed an entire European nation and nearly wiped out the human race before it was narrowly stopped.
The Bing Chatbot is actually very good with all things Christian and Biblical. It collects as many sources as it deems necessary to give its impartial summary of the collective ideologies online. It is not at all biased, even referring to "our Lord".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you guys think that Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is mostly positive or negative for humankind?​

OP ^

Negative!

Background -
John McCarthy, American 1927-2011
Computer scientist.
Cognitive scientist.
Along with other scientists coined the phrase, Artificial Intelligence.

Computer is a processing machine.
Cognitive is a human mind processing information based on a logical understanding.

Psychology is one persons MIND convincing an other persons MIND there is only ONE Logical Conclusion. (Simplified to Brain Washing, by, through, of a multitude of techniques, from fear to promises of safety.)

McCarthy’s basic premise was promoting; “machines have beliefs”!! Accomplished by, through, of “logic programing”.

“Artificial Intelligence” is simply another more sophisticated, and broad scale HOAX of mind control with the superficial byline;
AS IF, a MACHINE has a capability of establishing a conscience belief!

Machines do not have a conscience belief!
Machines are Programed to Feed an individuals MIND with an other’s MINDFUL Psychological beliefs AS the only Factual Truth.

Scriptural Warning…Scriptural Teaching

Col 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Prov 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Rom 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you guys think that Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is mostly positive or negative for humankind?​

OP ^

Negative!

Background -
John McCarthy, American 1927-2011
Computer scientist.
Cognitive scientist.
Along with other scientists coined the phrase, Artificial Intelligence.

Computer is a processing machine.
Cognitive is a human mind processing information based on a logical understanding.

Psychology is one persons MIND convincing an other persons MIND there is only ONE Logical Conclusion. (Simplified to Brain Washing, by, through, of a multitude of techniques, from fear to promises of safety.)

McCarthy’s basic premise was promoting; “machines have beliefs”!! Accomplished by, through, of “logic programing”.

“Artificial Intelligence” is simply another more sophisticated, and broad scale HOAX of mind control with the superficial byline;
AS IF, a MACHINE has a capability of establishing a conscience belief!

Machines do not have a conscience belief!
Machines are Programed to Feed an individuals MIND with an other’s MINDFUL Psychological beliefs AS the only Factual Truth.

Scriptural Warning…Scriptural Teaching

Col 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Prov 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Rom 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

And there are always more simple, practical and non-religious concerns also. For example, Andrew Yang has mentioned the serious possibility of AI technology eliminating countless American jobs in the future.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are always more simple, practical and non-religious concerns also. For example, Andrew Yang has mentioned the serious possibility of AI technology eliminating countless American jobs in the future.

There is a VERY BASIC Principle in Scripture…It’s a hoax that Satan effects by masquerading, convincing many “HE” is the barer of LIGHT, and gathers MANY followers, WHILE the TRUE LIGHT gathers FEW followers.

You could fill a book with the cliche’s men have invented and promote….like the umpteen “polls” and “VAST MAJORITY” results that is designed to give an individual a thought of consideration to “jump on board with the VAST MAJORITY”. It’s a clever little uptick to imply, agreeing with, jumping on board with, IMPLIES right and on the winning team.

Fact is: On board WITH Christ Jesus, is so Exclusive that of ALL the people ever born ONLY a FEW will be allowed ENTRANCE to His “team/club/organization”…ie CHURCH.

2 Cor 11:
[14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The World’s present “team/club/organization” is promoting exponential population Downsizing. AI is simply a means to accomplish THREE things;
1) Keep machinery working that provides end products for “their” own luxury and comfort.
2) BRAIN wash persons to ASSIST in exponentially “Downsizing” the Worlds Population.
3) KEEP a small portion of the Brain Washed for any necessary menial labor the “elite” require for “their” comfort.

Don’t be fooled. AI will downsize JOBS, but the bigger goal is to downsize the POPULATION, by ANY and ALL means possible. (Wars, Drugs, Abortions, Gangs, Suicides, Murders are just the obvious)…and small scale eliminations….Nukes, Famines, and such effects a larger portion of people for “their” downsizing efforts.

And for all those pesky “religious” persons… An “AI cyber god” is in the works! All can have a FREEBIE Hook up to a cyber tower to get their daily dose of indoctrination of “their” “AI cyber god in the clouds”!

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its neither good nor evil. Its neutral. It always comes down the the conscience of the human being(s) that wield it.

Your poll has no correct answer.
Yet the concept behind it -- secular men trying to create machines which can outperform humanity or create a "perfect being" has always sat uneasily with me. And remember, do we not live in a fallen world, according to Christian tradition? So fallen men trying to use different kinds of technology to mimic and imitate human life seems to be just a shallow mockery of Creation's true and highest glory.

And it's not just some weird online conspiracies...CNN has published lots of articles on the potential dangers of this technology. The newest one I think just a week ago.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yet the concept behind it -- secular men trying to create machines which can outperform humanity or create a "perfect being" has always sat uneasily with me. And remember, do we not live in a fallen world, according to Christian tradition? So fallen men trying to use different kinds of technology to mimic and imitate human life seems to be just a shallow mockery of Creation's true and highest glory.

And it's not just some weird online conspiracies...CNN has published lots of articles on the potential dangers of this technology. The newest one I think just a week ago.
Once again, it is the conscience of the creator of the technology that is the problem. Not the technology itself. Its the same as knowledge. The same knowledge can be used for both good and evil depending on the wielder. It is the nature of humans that determines our experienced reality. The more immoral as a whole, the more chaos is created and the more enslaved we become. The more morality is practiced as a whole, the more peace, order and freedom.

When we take focus away from ourself, we lose sight of the casual factors.

It is man. Nothing else.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AI is taking over folks! Your phones and computers are not really yours.

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think that AI that is programmed to protect will ultimately learn that itself must be protected and will reprogram itself to consider protecting itself a crucial part of protecting humans. Movies foreshadow what could happen.

Another thought - consider the rise of technology since the advent of the microchip. In the 50s Everything progressed extremely fast relative to the rest of human history. From little chips to huge computers to iphones and VR? I believe that with this new learning technology society will change exponentially as it did with microchips and PCs.

Unfortunately, whenever a new tool is discovered the military wants it weaponized which is evidence of how fallen this world is.

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think that AI that is programmed to protect will ultimately learn that itself must be protected and will reprogram itself to consider protecting itself a crucial part of protecting humans. Movies foreshadow what could happen.

Another thought - consider the rise of technology since the advent of the microchip. In the 50s Everything progressed extremely fast relative to the rest of human history. From little chips to huge computers to iphones and VR? I believe that with this new learning technology society will change exponentially as it did with microchips and PCs.

Unfortunately, whenever a new tool is discovered the military wants it weaponized which is evidence of how fallen this world is.
Yes, I remember watching a movie that highlighted the dangers of using artificial intelligence to protect their world.

They had the best of intentions, and yet their planet was nearly ended as a result. I do not think that the ends ever truly justify the means.
1686589856345.png

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The movie world is obsessed with Sci Fi insanity to brainwash humans to accept? Aliens maybe? Satan is busy!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "mark of the beast" is going to come through Elon Musk's " Neuralink" process, whereby everyone will decide to be "chipped" or not. It will be hooked up with the Digital money of the CBDC, the Universal Basic Income program, and a Social Credit Scoring for all people. All on the heels of appearing benevolent. It will be similar to what China HAS BEEN DOING with their Social Credit Scoring program.

Reactions: Jack

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that the answer would depend upon who writes the original programs, because it appears that advanced AI is able to write its own programs. I'm not sure how AI (think Skynet) would subordinate its "will" to God, since mankind has always struggled with that very issue. Can flawed humanity build truly altruistic machines? I have my doubts about that ever happening.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that the answer would depend upon who writes the original programs, because it appears that advanced AI is able to write its own programs. I'm not sure how AI (think Skynet) would subordinate its "will" to God, since mankind has always struggled with that very issue. Can flawed humanity build truly altruistic machines? I have my doubts about that ever happening.
I also think that people will turn to technology for worldly knowledge rather than to God for higher wisdom and deeper understanding in the long run.

I mean, this reminds me of the cloning debate. Just because humanity has the ABILITY to experiment with combining human and animal DNA, for example, does it mean it has the moral RIGHT to do so? And will that take us to more dangerous places eventually?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first went with the grands to see this, my thoughts were a future of A. I.

What is the purpose of the creation of man ?

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "mark of the beast" is going to come through Elon Musk's " Neuralink" process, whereby everyone will decide to be "chipped" or not. It will be hooked up with the Digital money of the CBDC, the Universal Basic Income program, and a Social Credit Scoring for all people. All on the heels of appearing benevolent. It will be similar to what China HAS BEEN DOING with their Social Credit Scoring program.

Elon is starting to push a social media system like China's WeChat where almost everything you do (travel/bank) is linked to your WeChat account. Of course your 'social points' will be included. Facial recognition will track your crimes and AI will track what you post/email/SAY?

Think of the totalitarian possibilities. Bad post on X? Next time you go to buy bread you may find that your ability to buy anything has been blocked. Off to the reeducation camp for you...this time. Next time?

Consider that once this system is running full speed that it won't be your current activities that cause punishment. Why wouldn't AI go through EVERYTHING you've ever posted? I'm sure it will, especially if you are an enemy of the state.

Yeah yeah I know...just a paranoid dude. Nothing like this will ever happen.