Do you have a gifted teacher?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Christian walk is the narrow way. So it isn't just the gateway that is narrow.

Yes it is. The entrance is narrow. Only One Way, Christ. But the believer has plenty of room to work out his salvation. To do well, to trip and fall and get up, to wander, to come back. Plenty of room.

(Psalm 31:8) "And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room."

Stranger

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes it is. The entrance is narrow. Only One Way, Christ. But the believer has plenty of room to work out his salvation. To do well, to trip and fall and get up, to wander, to come back. Plenty of room.

(Psalm 31:8) "And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room."

Stranger

It then behooves each of us to be able to discern the difference between a broad way and a large room.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faither, you are absolutely off your rocker, completely mad! Your name is stupid, the expressions that you use are entirely invalid. You are clearly and absolutely, in no position to discern who is a teacher, an apostle, a pastor, or a 'perfectee'!
That about sums it up. Well said.

Reactions: DNB and Willie T

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a gifted teacher?

'But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse,
.. deceiving, and being deceived.
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned
.. and hast been assured of,
knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures,
.. which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
.... through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
.. and is profitable for doctrine,
.... for reproof,
...... for correction,
........ for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect,
.. throughly furnished unto all good works.'

(2 Timothy 3:13-17)

Hello there, @Faither,

I have reason to be grateful to God for the teachers He has brought my way. However, regardless of who the teacher is, his words must be measured by what is written in the Word of God. The Bereans in Acts 17:11, received the word spoken by Paul with 'all readiness of mind', but nonetheless, '... searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so.' The teachers I have had, have all stressed the need for this examination, and welcomed such.

Timothy had the advantage of having a teacher who was an Apostle of the risen Christ: he could know with absolute certainty, that what he was hearing was of God and not of man. We, today, need to 'try', and 'weigh' and 'measure' the words we hear by the written word of God.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'But there were false prophets also among the people,
.. even as there shall be false teachers among you,
.... who privily shall bring in damnable heresies,
...... even denying the Lord that bought them,
........ and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways;
.. by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:
whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not,
and their damnation slumbereth not.'

(2 Peter 2:1-3)

Huperetes

Dec 10, 2019
Millington
www.grex.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there are only two kinds of people in Christ. Those who are doing the perfecting, and those who are being perfected. There's no self perfecting in Christ unless your one of the gifted teachers.

The perfecting is dependent on bringing us into the Unity of the faith.You mentioned 4:11-12 but didn't take it to it's conclusion:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Until we come into the unity of the faith we will have no full knowledge of the Son. We will not be complete because we will fail to meet the measure of Christ

I can say without a doubt there are no gifted teachers in any Christian discussion group online today. So maybe if we were practicing Ephesians 4: 11-12 and realize we are the perfectees, instead of the perfectors, we would have a better chance of being unified. Of course, after fulfilling a correct faith life.

I am inclined to agree with you somewhat albeit for different reasons. Most of the teachers I know teach on an individual level.
They fail to grasp the corporate nature of the body of Christ,the fact that we are being built together into something marvelous. Being perfected isn't limited to one's individual position but rather the completeness of a living temple consisting of each member:

Eph 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

You see how we, as a corporate entity, are being built together for a habitation of the Spirit. No single person can contain the fullness of God. It takes a corporate indwelling. Jesus just doesn't live in my heart...He lives in the hearts of us all. When we come together He is able to manifest himself fully.

Eph 3:14-19
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

All of the "you"s are plural. Paul is not speaking of an individual indwelling by Jesus. He is speaking of a corporate one. Only by this can we all comprehend,,,with each other,what is the love Of Christ. It passes the knowledge of any one individual. Now, the problem I see with your so called "gifted teachers" is that very few of them have any real revelation on the body of Christ or what God's eternal purpose is by indwelling it. Therefor...they will never bring you, themselves or anybody else into "perfection"

Blessings

Reactions: Nancy and charity

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

... if Christianity were only that simple:

2 Tim. 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.

2 Tim. 4:5 As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry.

And so let the blind lead the blind so that BOTH fall into the pit; but let those with ears hear what the LORD says so that they might preserve their life.
Bobby Jo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

In these days of self teaching and private instructions by the Spirit of Christ, is this biblical? No, it isn't!

These apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers only purpose in life is to perfect saints.

Personally, I feel honored to know one gifted teacher out of the hundreds I've been exposed to in 33 years in Christ.

So there are only two kinds of people in Christ. Those who are doing the perfecting, and those who are being perfected. There's no self perfecting in Christ unless your one of the gifted teachers.

I can say without a doubt there are no gifted teachers in any Christian discussion group online today. So maybe if we were practicing Ephesians 4: 11-12 and realize we are the perfectees, instead of the perfectors, we would have a better chance of being unified. Of course, after fulfilling a correct faith life.
Shall we stop asking questions and obey?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Could you please show me some examples of those gifted teachers?

I'm always open to know Christ better through someone else's understanding.

n2thelight - has the gift of knowledge. Check 'theology forum' for some of his incites.

Here is one posting - 'The Resurrection' and he has others.

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Certainly, -- along with Scripture (and History as appropriate).

Bobby Jo

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
I would have said something MUCH DIFFERENT. And "discernment" is NOT YOUR GIFT.

INSIGHTS, -- use a spell checker, because apparently spelling is also not one of your "gifts".
Bobby Jo

Here is example of how we know where the children of Israel are today.
  • n2thelightWell-Known Member
    Genesis 46:14 and 16, Jacob’s Prophecy Over Ephraim and Manasseh

While prophesying over Joseph’s sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, Jacob crossed his hands over their heads making the symbol of the Paleo-Hebrew letter tav (like the letter t or x in the alphabet), which resembles a cross and in that ancient Hebraic script and according to some Hebrew scholars pictographically means “sign of the covenant.” Jacob then spoke of the Heavenly Messenger (the Hebrew word malak mistranslated as “angel” in most Bibles) of YHVH (i.e. the preincarnate Yeshua) who had redeemed him from all evil (see Gen 31:11–13). Jacob then prophesied that the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh would become like “fish in the midst of the land” (literal translation of Gen 48:14–16; see The ArtScroll Stone Edition Tanach).

In light of this prophetic symbolism, which present day religious group would qualify as having fulfilled Jacob’s prophecy as to who the descendents of Ephraim and Manasseh would be? Which religion on earth uses the fish as their symbol, speaks of a Messenger from YHVH as their Redeemer, and has the sign of the Paleo-Hebrew letter tav, which looks like a cross? The Buddhists? The Moslems? The Hindus? Even the Jews? No! Only Christianity fits this enigmatic criteria. Many Christians are without a doubt the literal descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh. Those who are not, according to the Paul the apostle, once they come to saving faith in Yeshua in some unique sense become the descendants of Abraham (e.g. Gal 3:7, 29). Many of these unsaved descendants of Abraham will recognize Yeshua their Messiah on the day that he returns to Jerusalem (e.g. Zech 12:10).

Which nation on earth is without a doubt still the greatest Christian nation? It is the United States of America. Having an understanding of how Jacob’s prophecy to Ephraim and Manasseh was fulfilled is the first piece of the puzzle in identifying America in Bible prophecy.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • ... Having an understanding of how Jacob’s prophecy to Ephraim and Manasseh was fulfilled is the first piece of the puzzle in identifying America in Bible prophecy.

The Dan. 7 "eagle" is the U.S. The Dan. 11 "strong prince", and thereafter the "king of the south" is the U.S. Psalm 45 cites the U.S., and Psalm 109 is for Obama.

Some people can't see the forest through the trees.
Bobby Jo

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • n2thelightWell-Known Member
    Genesis 46:14 and 16, Jacob’s Prophecy Over Ephraim and Manasseh

While prophesying over Joseph’s sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, Jacob crossed his hands over their heads making the symbol of the Paleo-Hebrew letter tav (like the letter t or x in the alphabet), which resembles a cross and in that ancient Hebraic script and according to some Hebrew scholars pictographically means “sign of the covenant.” Jacob then spoke of the Heavenly Messenger (the Hebrew word malak mistranslated as “angel” in most Bibles) of YHVH (i.e. the preincarnate Yeshua) who had redeemed him from all evil (see Gen 31:11–13). Jacob then prophesied that the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh would become like “fish in the midst of the land” (literal translation of Gen 48:14–16; see The ArtScroll Stone Edition Tanach).

In light of this prophetic symbolism, which present day religious group would qualify as having fulfilled Jacob’s prophecy as to who the descendents of Ephraim and Manasseh would be? Which religion on earth uses the fish as their symbol, speaks of a Messenger from YHVH as their Redeemer, and has the sign of the Paleo-Hebrew letter tav, which looks like a cross? The Buddhists? The Moslems? The Hindus? Even the Jews? No! Only Christianity fits this enigmatic criteria. Many Christians are without a doubt the literal descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh. Those who are not, according to the Paul the apostle, once they come to saving faith in Yeshua in some unique sense become the descendants of Abraham (e.g. Gal 3:7, 29). Many of these unsaved descendants of Abraham will recognize Yeshua their Messiah on the day that he returns to Jerusalem (e.g. Zech 12:10).

Which nation on earth is without a doubt still the greatest Christian nation? It is the United States of America. Having an understanding of how Jacob’s prophecy to Ephraim and Manasseh was fulfilled is the first piece of the puzzle in identifying America in Bible prophecy.
That's a lot of embellishments facilitated by biased dispensationalism.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to back up everything I believe with scripture. n2thelight hasn't posted anything that is not backed by scripture.
Good reason give accolades to him.
No accolades forthcoming for embellishing and sensationalizing God's word. I'll stick with sound doctrine. Nothing, even in his eisegetical mess leads to anything about America. You'd do best to steer clear of hyper dispensationlism and KJVO nonsense.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
No accolades forthcoming for embellishing and sensationalizing God's word. I'll stick with sound doctrine. Nothing, even in his eisegetical mess leads to anything about America. You'd do best to steer clear of hyper dispensationlism and KJVO nonsense.

How do you explain bones of dinosaurs that are over a million years old? God can not lie!

I really want your explanation or I assume you have agreed with me.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
I'm beginning to thing @Rocky Wiley is also @n2thelight and is here giving himself accolades and advertising with another account...:eek: o_O
Thank you for the complement! n2thelight has more knowledge than me, and I do agree with him on most everything. That's because he is right and you haven't seen that yet. I ask you to go over all he has posted, ask Jesus what is right and watch him bless you with the gift of knowledge.

Last edited: