Do You Have Bread To Give?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have people you would like to give a message from God to? Maybe loved ones or family members or co-workers or friends? Maybe you'd like to minister to the entire body of Christ, in service to the Lord somehow. The following teaching addresses how to go about it:

5 And [Jesus] said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; 7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’? 8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs. 9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” (Luke 11:5-13)

When you read this parable from start to finish, the subject matter is about going to God for spiritual food to minister to someone you care about who is in need of it, and has come to you for it. Certainly receiving a leading to speak a specific passage of scripture over their lives could apply here, but I strongly believe that things like receiving a word of knowledge or a prophetic dream about their situation could apply as well. The parable ends with the admonition that our Heavenly Father will give "the Holy Spirit" to those who ask for Him, so as to feed someone we care about spiritual bread from Heaven. So one way or another, this parable seems to apply especially to ministering divine utterance and Spirit-breathed words (in their many forms) to those who come to us in spiritual need.

Thought I would share. If anyone has any testimonies, questions or comments, please feel free to add them.
Hidden In Him

@marks, @charity, @Mayflower, @Backlit, @Pearl, @Nancy, @lforrest, @Josho, @Heart2Soul, @Triumph1300, @rockytopva, @CharismaticLady, @Berserk, @Devin Wintch, @Helen, @amadeus.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have people you would like to give a message from God to? Maybe loved ones or family members or co-workers or friends? Maybe you'd like to minister to the entire body of Christ, in service to the Lord somehow. The following teaching addresses how to go about it:

5 And [Jesus] said to them, “Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; 7 and he will answer from within and say, ‘Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you’? 8 I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs. 9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” (Luke 11:5-13)

When you read this parable from start to finish, the subject matter is about going to God for spiritual food to minister to someone you care about who is in need of it, and has come to you for it. Certainly receiving a leading to speak a specific passage of scripture over their lives could apply here, but I strongly believe that things like receiving a word of knowledge or a prophetic dream about their situation could apply as well. The parable ends with the admonition that our Heavenly Father will give "the Holy Spirit" to those who ask for Him, so as to feed someone we care about spiritual bread from Heaven. So one way or another, this parable seems to apply especially to ministering divine utterance and Spirit-breathed words (in their many forms) to those who come to us in spiritual need.

Thought I would share. If anyone has any testimonies, questions or comments, please feel free to add them.
Hidden In Him

@marks, @charity, @Mayflower, @Backlit, @Pearl, @Nancy, @lforrest, @Josho, @Heart2Soul, @Triumph1300, @rockytopva, @CharismaticLady, @Berserk, @Devin Wintch, @Helen, @amadeus.

I will post scriptures on my heart on facebook all the time. But I really do desire to be used by God to reach family/friends for Christ. The speaking part is hard. Not so bad typing. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will post scriptures on my heart on facebook all the time. But I really do desire to be used by God to reach family/friends for Christ. The speaking part is hard. Not so bad typing. :)

I actually wish I had known the principle taught in the OP back a long time ago. You have no idea what to say to unsaved family, especially when they are older and set in their ways. But the Spirit of God breaks the yoke. It's why I like interpreting dreams. The Holy Spirit can break right through all the clutter in people's lives and speak directly to what is most on their minds, and/or what they need to hear most.

I think most people want to hear from God; they may not want to be preached at by Christians, but they are often open to hearing from God, because He knows where they truly are, and gives the kind of advice that can truly help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually wish I had known the principle I taught in the OP back a long time ago. You have no idea what to say to unsaved family, especially when they are older and set in their ways. But the Spirit of God can break the yoke. It's why I like interpreting dreams. The Holy Spirit can break right through all the clutter in people's minds and speak directly to what is most on their minds, and/or what they need to hear most.

I think most people want to hear from God; they may not want to be preached at by Christians, but they are often open to hearing from God, because He knows where they truly are, and gives the kind of advice that can truly help.

I think sometimes God gives me a good word that helps someone. I know He has. Usually though, just give me a mic. Let me sing. LOL. Or give me a dream. Let you interpret it. :D

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray to get dreams to help friends/family. Problem is, not many are just open to receive that type of stuff. I think that is why I do not receive for a lot of people. A wise person told me like prophecy, words of knowledge/words of wisdom, is the loneliest job in the world. I guess that is because what people need to hear is not really what they want to hear.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a kind word and prayer go a long way too as far as Bible bread goes.:)

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray to get dreams to help friends/family. Problem is, not many are just open to receive that type of stuff. I think that is why I do not receive for a lot of people. A wise person told me like prophecy, words of knowledge/words of wisdom, is the loneliest job in the world. I guess that is because what people need to hear is not really what they want to hear.

I think that's only until you give them a word that hits dangerously close to home. The question is, are you truly hearing from God when you tell them, but I do think most will sit up and take notice when you are suddenly reading their mail. The problem is when they are just hearing the same old tripe that seems to have nothing from God in it.

Reactions: Mayflower

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

Luke 11:2-4 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. [3] Give us day by day our daily bread. [4] And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Romans 12:20-21 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Proverbs 25:21-22 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: [22] For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think that the parable also teaches us that if we are serious about evangelism, God will supply all we need to accomplish our mission... Whoever it may be with.
I also believe that God will lead us to people who are hungry or searching for truth, and give i is the wisdom to provide the right nuance to the gospel message appropriate for each one.
Jesus did no less. Praying sometimes all night, He could testify . "The word which ye hear," He said, "is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me." John 14:24. " Isaiah prophesied, The Lord God hath given Me," He said, "the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth Mine ear to hear as the learned." Isaiah 50:4
The selfish neighbor isn't a characterisation of God, but an example of comparison. God is nothing like that. He, unlike the neighbor, will gladly and quickly grant the serious seeker of souls all the power he requires in order to fulfill his calling to reach the lost.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the parable also teaches us that if we are serious about evangelism, God will supply all we need to accomplish our mission... Whoever it may be with.
I also believe that God will lead us to people who are hungry or searching for truth, and give i is the wisdom to provide the right nuance to the gospel message appropriate for each one.
Jesus did no less. Praying sometimes all night, He could testify . "The word which ye hear," He said, "is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me." John 14:24. " Isaiah prophesied, The Lord God hath given Me," He said, "the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth Mine ear to hear as the learned." Isaiah 50:4
The selfish neighbor isn't a characterisation of God, but an example of comparison. God is nothing like that. He, unlike the neighbor, will gladly and quickly grant the serious seeker of souls all the power he requires in order to fulfill his calling to reach the lost.
I love this post! The Isaiah verse is what came to mind as I came across this thread.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never asked God to give me dreams for other people, and yet He has (given me dreams for/about others). Some, I've not felt led to share, but to pray for those individuals... or pray concerning what I was shown.

God has even given me vision/dreams about people I've never seen before. In about 2006, I was awaken in the night seeing an elderly couple. I was to intercede for them. I saw how precious they were to our Father. They were well dressed (conservative, not expensive), sweet faces, and I knew they had been missionaries. I prayed for them until I felt release and that was it. I know I will recognize them in eternity. :)

I once was awaken seeing (in vision) the face of a former classmate. In the dream--vision, I was walking down a sidewalk and he was walking in my direction. As we approached each other, everything disappeared but his face. I saw tears streaming down his face. I was awaken seeing just his tear-covered face. I was given a burden to pray for him. And I did ...that went on for some time (the burden to pray for him). (I hadn't seen him since highschool and this was some 18yrs later.) Several years later, I found him through social media and learned that he had come to the Lord. Praise God!

I was given a dream in 2007 that was for a specific person, yet also had a broader message. That will take more time to type out. So I'll post this and share that separately.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next example is of a dream God gave me in 2007 that had a personal message, a broader message, as well as a specific message for a specific person.

First, a bit of background...
This was a very difficult time for me (to put it mildly) and the Lord had impressed on my heart to listen to a specific praise and worship CD and to keep it playing ...in my home (on my computer, or in my room as I slept, in my CD player in my vehicle, etc). He often has done this to prepare and strengthen my heart to receive something I needed from Him (oftentimes, to walk through a stage of deeper inner healing). This time, He gave me a dream...

I dreamed that a friend and I were at a Christian retreat in the mountains. (I knew specifically which one.) We were gathered with a small group of believers to pray. As we were praying, I began to hear the most beautiful heavenly music my ears had ever heard ...words can't come close to describing it. And while this music was playing, each person stood one by one to pray... and as each prayed, the words went forth as if they were verses to this beautiful song. And after each person had prayed/sung their individual prayer....without human prompting, every one of us stood and prayed fervently in one accord for one specific person (who I and my friend actually knew).

When I awoke, I was still hearing the heavenly music which then seemed to merge with what I was hearing on the CD player...
This song...

...and I had this very strong urging to intercede for the woman we were praying for in my dream. So I did...until I felt release. Then I went to sleep.

The next day, I told my friend about the dream, and she asked my permission to share with our mutual friend (who I had dreamed about and prayed for). I consented and she shared it. What we found out is that this mutual friend had been going through a difficult time and the night of my dream, she had gone to this Christian retreat to seek God for some answers she needed. My dream was a confirmation she needed.

1 Corinthians 2:9-14 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁹ But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ¹⁰ But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. ¹¹ For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. ¹² Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. ¹³ Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. ¹⁴ But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did no less. Praying sometimes all night, He could testify . "The word which ye hear," He said, "is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me." John 14:24.

Oh, wonderful verse!
Isaiah prophesied, The Lord God hath given Me," He said, "the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth Mine ear to hear as the learned." Isaiah 50:4

Great, great post. I found out a long time ago that the gifts don't operate except by love. If love for others is our motivation, we are in the right place for God to use us. As Quiet likes to say, if it is about us, our priorities are all wrong.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never asked God to give me dreams for other people, and yet He has (given me dreams for/about others). Some, I've not felt led to share, but to pray for those individuals... or pray concerning what I was shown.

Well put, sister. Sometimes when we receive a word about someone, wisdom will tell us not to share it but just know what to pray for and how to watch out for someone. Again, it's about love for someone, not doing anything to hurt or scare them.
God has even given me vision/dreams about people I've never seen before. In about 2006, I was awaken in the night seeing an elderly couple. I was to intercede for them. I saw how precious they were to our Father. They were well dressed (conservative, not expensive), sweet faces, and I knew they had been missionaries. I prayed for them until I felt release and that was it. I know I will recognize them in eternity. :)

:)
I once was awaken seeing (in vision) the face of a former classmate. In the dream--vision, I was walking down a sidewalk and he was walking in my direction. As we approached each other, everything disappeared but his face. I saw tears streaming down his face. I was awaken seeing just his tear-covered face. I was given a burden to pray for him. And I did ...that went on for some time (the burden to pray for him). (I hadn't seen him since highschool and this was some 18yrs later.) Several years later, I found him through social media and learned that he had come to the Lord. Praise God!

Glorious!
I was given a dream in 2007 that was for a specific person, yet also had a broader message. That will take more time to type out. So I'll post this and share that separately.

Gonna read it in awhile. Slowly getting caught up. God bless! ;)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The next example is of a dream God gave me in 2007 that had a personal message, a broader message, as well as a specific message for a specific person.

First, a bit of background...
This was a very difficult time for me (to put it mildly) and the Lord had impressed on my heart to listen to a specific praise and worship CD and to keep it playing ...in my home (on my computer, or in my room as I slept, in my CD player in my vehicle, etc). He often has done this to prepare and strengthen my heart to receive something I needed from Him (oftentimes, to walk through a stage of deeper inner healing). This time, He gave me a dream...

I dreamed that a friend and I were at a Christian retreat in the mountains. (I knew specifically which one.) We were gathered with a small group of believers to pray. As we were praying, I began to hear the most beautiful heavenly music my ears had ever heard ...words can't come close to describing it. And while this music was playing, each person stood one by one to pray... and as each prayed, the words went forth as if they were verses to this beautiful song. And after each person had prayed/sung their individual prayer....without human prompting, every one of us stood and prayed fervently in one accord for one specific person (who I and my friend actually knew).

When I awoke, I was still hearing the heavenly music which then seemed to merge with what I was hearing on the CD player...
This song...

...and I had this very strong urging to intercede for the woman we were praying for in my dream. So I did...until I felt release. Then I went to sleep.

The next day, I told my friend about the dream, and she asked my permission to share with our mutual friend (who I had dreamed about and prayed for). I consented and she shared it. What we found out is that this mutual friend had been going through a difficult time and the night of my dream, she had gone to this Christian retreat to seek God for some answers she needed. My dream was a confirmation she needed.

1 Corinthians 2:9-14 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁹ But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ¹⁰ But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. ¹¹ For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. ¹² Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. ¹³ Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. ¹⁴ But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

LOVE hearing testimonies like this. :)

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ