Do You Pay Your Tithes Happily, Reluctantly, Or Not At All ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happily, now that I am donating to ministries outside my church.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give to my Church joyfully, and the more I can give, the better.

Cresco

Nov 21, 2011
Pennsylvania
God really spoke to me about this a few weeks ago. Sob story aside, I'm flat broke! And I was speaking with the associate pastor about this and basically I was (in my heart) looking for him to give me a pass on Tithing. Well, he didn't. He didn't ask for a percentage or anything but said that Christ wants us to give sacrificially. In that instant I saw myself as the Rich Man who wanted to follow Jesus but couldn't part with his riches. No, I am not rich, but do have a few luxuries that I treasure. So I knew in that instant that I can give these to the Lord. These things that prior to this point I treasured over my responsibility to tithe. So while I miss them, I am actually not just happy but excited and look forward to bringing my tithe in!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Paying of 'tithes' was per the Old Covenant. Christians give charity as alms, as much as they so deem, and it's between the individual giver and The LORD, not of the Old Covenant law.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God really spoke to me about this a few weeks ago. Sob story aside, I'm flat broke! And I was speaking with the associate pastor about this and basically I was (in my heart) looking for him to give me a pass on Tithing. Well, he didn't. He didn't ask for a percentage or anything but said that Christ wants us to give sacrificially. In that instant I saw myself as the Rich Man who wanted to follow Jesus but couldn't part with his riches. No, I am not rich, but do have a few luxuries that I treasure. So I knew in that instant that I can give these to the Lord. These things that prior to this point I treasured over my responsibility to tithe. So while I miss them, I am actually not just happy but excited and look forward to bringing my tithe in!

It doesn't have to be money - donate your time.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I don't believe in Tithes. I dont' go to church, so, obv, no money to church.

While I don't give as much as I think I should, I do give, when I see, or am moved to do so. I see no reason to just give my money to a church or an organization.

Everyman should give according to what he has decided in his heart. That's what I go by. If at the time I decide to give nothing, I give nothing. Seems to me that the Lord will move your heart to give or not to give at a certain time and place.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I don't believe in Tithes. I dont' go to church, so, obv, no money to church.

While I don't give as much as I think I should, I do give, when I see, or am moved to do so. I see no reason to just give my money to a church or an organization.

Everyman should give according to what he has decided in his heart. That's what I go by. If at the time I decide to give nothing, I give nothing. Seems to me that the Lord will move your heart to give or not to give at a certain time and place.

Very nice post WK. :)