Do you really believe in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears that you don't believe in Jesus, know Him, or respect Him any more than the average Sunday-keepr, because Jesus specifically said that tithing was an obligation:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone." - Matt. 23:23

That is plain statement doesn't need anyone's interpretation. You talk about getting facts straight from the Bible and following Jesus' teachings, well there is a cold, hard one for you. Jesus said "you are supposed to tithe your income".

Jesus never said that you are supposed to tithe your income. Jesus said to contribute a tenth of your spices: mint, anise, and cumin (spelled correctly). Then He added "But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former." NET v2.1

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are going to use uncommon or special Catholic words, you should provide a definition. I cannot agree or disagree as I can only guess what a catechumen is.

a neophyte new to the faith
Learning the faith
Being taught but not baptized

and I think it’s greek

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello reader,

Yes, I really believe in Jesus and his total victory.

God bless,
Matthew Gallagher

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a neophyte new to the faith
Learning the faith
Being taught but not baptized

and I think it’s greek
So then if you name a new convert a catechumen, how are such person not included in the designation, Christian, a follower of Christ?

There certainly are baby Christian and mature Christians, are there not? Give the babies a different designation if you will, that does not mean they are not Christians, does it? Consider the words written here:

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Heb. 5:12-14

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then if you name a new convert a catechumen, how are such person not included in the designation, Christian, a follower of Christ?

There certainly are baby Christian and mature Christians, are there not? Give the babies a different designation if you will, that does not mean they are not Christians, does it? Consider the words written here:

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Heb. 5:12-14

beng Christian required baptism Aka born again

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches today would have you close your eyes and say: “I believe in Jesus”. And that’s all. “You’re saved now; come to church every Sunday and tithe”.

Jesus did away with the Law, except for the "you owe me 10% of all your income" part.

That doesn't smack of built-in corruption...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beng Christian required baptism Aka born again

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." I John 3:9

Does born of God mean born again or born from above?