Do you really believe in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches today would have you close your eyes and say: “I believe in Jesus”. And that’s all. “You’re saved now; come to church every Sunday and tithe”.

If that’s you, I have bad news for you. Even the devil himself believed Jesus was the Son of God (Matthew 8:28-29).

Declaring belief in Jesus is the beginning of a journey of getting to know Him.

If you declare you believe in Jesus and then move on with your life, would make you like one of these people: Luke 8:14 "The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature."

“Believe” is a big word. Much bigger than most know. If you truly believe in Jesus/God, you should automatically have passionate feelings springing from within for wanting to do the following:
- Seek God; get to know Him intimately (through the scripture)
- Worship and fellowship with Him always (Jesus’ prayer daily)
- Respect Him! Follow His teachings (Jesus' prayer daily)
- Like what He likes and hate what He hates.

If you’re not doing these things, you’re lying to yourself and to God.

These things should spring from within; if you feel they’re a burden then you never were a believer. I am not saying this to discourage you. On the contrary, to stir you into starting some of them. Then see how you get transformed in amazing ways and start wanting more.

Please don’t get your facts from watching movies/shows about the Bible, or even from the church. Get your facts from reading the Bible. You want to tithe 10%? Tithe 10% of your time reading the Bible, rather than your income.

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches today would have you close your eyes and say: “I believe in Jesus”. And that’s all. “You’re saved now; come to church every Sunday and tithe”.

If that’s you, I have bad news for you. Even the devil himself believed Jesus was the Son of God (Matthew 8:28-29).

If you declare you believe in Jesus and then move on with your life, would make you like one of these people: Luke 8:14 "The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature."

“Believe” is a big word. Much bigger than most know. If you truly believe in Jesus/God, you should automatically have passionate feelings springing from within for wanting to do the following:

These things should spring from within; if you feel they’re a burden then you never were a believer. I am not saying this to discourage you. On the contrary, to stir you into starting some of them. Then see how you get transformed in amazing ways and start wanting more.

Please don’t get your facts from watching movies/shows about the Bible, or even from the church. Get your facts from reading the Bible. You want to tithe 10%? Tithe 10% of your time reading the Bible, rather than your income.

Great point sir, most would claim to be believers, yet few will show it. Jesus said that true believers could be identified by their fruits. In other words, they practice their belief. James 2:19,20

Welcome to the forum Believer.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...“Believe” is a big word. Much bigger than most know. If you truly believe in Jesus/God, you should automatically have passionate feelings springing from within for wanting to do the following:

If you’re not doing these things, you’re lying to yourself and to God...
Yes, indeed!

How much emphasis is to be placed on the "wanting to do". Does a person want to do those things so strongly that he is willing to surrender whatever God may ask him to surrender?

Who do we love the most?

1) Me in my comfort and enjoyment of things; or
2) God without reservation?

If a person is admittedly somewhere in between the two and not striving and/or asking God for help in being under #2, is he not then lukewarm to be spit out of God's mouth? [See Rev. 3:16]

Consider then also what Paul wrote here:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Rom 12:1-2

How many pew warmers doing even His reasonable service? How many CB members are working on it or asking God to help them with it? How many of us are already there...at His reasonable service that is? We need not answer that question publicly... but certainly we should be continuously examining ourselves and talking God about it. Is the time allotted to each of us here by God time for lazy believers to rest on their laurels...?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, indeed!

How much emphasis is to be placed on the "wanting to do". Does a person want to do those things so strongly that he is willing to surrender whatever God may ask him to surrender?

Who do we love the most?

1) Me in my comfort and enjoyment of things; or
2) God without reservation?

If a person is admittedly somewhere in between the two and not striving and/or asking God for help in being under #2, is he not then lukewarm to be spit out of God's mouth? [See Rev. 3:16]

Consider then also what Paul wrote here:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Rom 12:1-2

How many pew warmers doing even His reasonable service? How many CB members are working on it or asking God to help them with it? How many of us are already there...at His reasonable service that is? We need not answer that question publicly... but certainly we should be continuously examining ourselves and talking to it. Is the time allotted to each of us here by God time for lazy believers to rest on their laurels...?

Thank you Amadeus! I'm so glad we're on the same page with understanding the word of God.
Whenever you have time, please email me on [email protected]. I'd like to chat with you some if ok with you.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Reactions: amadeus
Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no other way to really get the truth of the matters besides setting some time aside to read the Bible and get to know who the Lord Jesus Christ is, and his Father and some of the histories founded with in its context.

“But what things were to me gains, these I have counted, because of the Christ, loss; yes, indeed, and I count all things to be loss, because of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, because of whom of the all things I suffered loss, and do count them to be refuse, that Christ I may gain, and be found in him, not having my righteousness, which [is] of law, but that which [is] through faith of Christ — the righteousness that is of God by the faith, to know him, and the power of his rising again, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death, if anyhow I may attain to the rising again of the dead.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:7-11‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

I see your email, you are free to private message me on this website if you would like to.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears that you don't believe in Jesus, know Him, or respect Him any more than the average Sunday-keepr, because Jesus specifically said that tithing was an obligation:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone." - Matt. 23:23

That is plain statement doesn't need anyone's interpretation. You talk about getting facts straight from the Bible and following Jesus' teachings, well there is a cold, hard one for you. Jesus said "you are supposed to tithe your income".

Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears that you don't believe in Jesus, know Him, or respect Him any more than the average Sunday-keepr, because Jesus specifically said that tithing was an obligation:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone." - Matt. 23:23

That is plain statement doesn't need anyone's interpretation. You talk about getting facts straight from the Bible and following Jesus' teachings, well there is a cold, hard one for you. Jesus said "you are supposed to tithe your income".

Hello Desire Of All Nations,

I admire your loyalty to tithing. Out of the whole message in the post, you latched on to tithing, and determined I am not a believer in Jesus. Well, first I want to say, I love you, and all fellow believers. I am purely driven by my passionate love for God, and people. I find crucial errors in many churches teachings, example, not teaching to pray the Lord's Prayer daily as Jesus instructed, and missing completely the fact that the daily Bread is the body of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.

Now I believe these church errors are a much bigger issue at hand, were people are being mislead by their churches. But tithes continue, whether the church is right or wrong. You must come from a minister family? Concerned about loosing your source of income? I apologize in advance for saying this, if you're not.

I am driven solely by the seeking of God. You can tithe, and yet be very far from the knowledge of God. What good would that be.

I had been tithing regularly. But stopped going to church recently due to all the misinterpretations I see. So now I tithe 10% of my time by diligently studying the bible and developing and funding my website https://www.realbiblestudy.org/. You know how it goes, 10% of my time I could have spent elsewhere and made a lot of money, then tithe it to the church. So in the end either way, it is still tithing whether my time or my income.

I do want to clarify, if I find a church truly continuously seeking God, and teaching real truths from the Bible, I'll go there and tithe. Until then, I'll keep pointing out the churches deficiencies to people, through these forums, and my website.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You say: Churches today would have you close your eyes and say: “I believe in Jesus”. And that’s all. “You’re saved now; come to church every Sunday and tithe”. How did you acquire that knowledge?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome @Christian Believer

It always blows me away when pastors (not all), and the leaders of church's seem to ramp up the "Tithe" instead of trusting in God to bless that church...but that only will happen if they are teaching sound doctrine and trusting in God to provide.

Jesus said:
2 Corinthians 9:7 "Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. "
Also, there is nothing to say we can't even give over and above a tenth! OT Tithing was grains and livestock, lol! And, it was the LAW.

"- Seek God; get to know Him intimately (through the scripture)
- Like what He likes and hate what He hates."

Agreed, these things among others, SHOULD naturally spring from our hearts where once they might not have.
Again, welcome!

Reactions: Christian Believer
Jan 27, 2022
Frisco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say: Churches today would have you close your eyes and say: “I believe in Jesus”. And that’s all. “You’re saved now; come to church every Sunday and tithe”. How did you acquire that knowledge?

Hello,
Maybe I should have clarified; Protestant churches. Most of the Protestant churches I attended did that. I have attended Evangelical and Baptist churches.
God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
Maybe I should have clarified; Protestant churches. Most of the Protestant churches I attended did that. I have attended Evangelical and Baptist churches.
God Bless!
How many thousands of churches are there? Have you visited enough Protestant churches to make that judgment? You don't judge all Baptist Churches by a trip to just one Baptist Church, do you?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

tithe is nailed to the cross!

Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary tous, and took it out of the way, nailing it tohis cross;

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers are catechumens not Christians
If you are going to use uncommon or special Catholic words, you should provide a definition. I cannot agree or disagree as I can only guess what a catechumen is.