Do you think God grants favor to certain ppl to be liked?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Seriously. Ppl don't react to me very well sometimes. I think there are some things I'm doing to influence that but I feel like sometimes no matter how hard I try it doesn't work.Like when I tell a joke or try to be funny in some way, people just look at me. I don't mean to sound pitiful but I know the folowing will sound "too involved" but even online I notice some ppl are "popular" like in high school! But I'm not...One woman on another board I'm on has ben away for a while. SHe just returned and people posted two separate threads to welcome her back! And she got lots of replies! I feel like if I left no one would notice much less be happy if I returned.Of course I post about my faith and many of them HATE that especially when I won't let them continually criticze Christianity.Do you think God grants favor to certain ppl to be liked? Can I pray for him do this in my life?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Their in denial I would not let it bother me. I see the same thing on other boards. Your you and if folks cannot accept you for that then its their problem not yours. Being popular is not always good. In Messiahs eyes everyone is popular to him there are no favorites. Be yourself thats what its about....in heaven there will not be any popularity contest everyone will be on the same page at the same level.....

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
When I was in first grade I was crazy. Really crazy. Back then my self made nickname went by buge-abaca , My hobbies involved running around and flapping my arms, and all I really spoke was Gibberish. and I was ridiculed for it. I was always the one at the empty table. and I was the one ignored. I was pretty much the classic example of a reject. And I got sick of it. So I asked my first prayer for a friend. The night after that prayer a boy transfered from another school....and joined the others in ridiculing me. months later. I was still speaking gibberish, running around and flapping my arms, and calling myself the really wierd nickname above. But despite all this that one day that boy went up to me (for no reason he was extremley popular) and asked if we could be friends. for the next 7 years we and him were inseperable, and we probably have had the craziest friendship I have ever seen. At 3rd grade we tricked ourselfs into believing that a madman called rusty was trying to blow up the whole school, and almost got suspended for telling everybody that there going to get blown up. In 4th grade we were attacked by Mothmen. In 6th we spread a mock religon around the school ( everythings an illusion until you believe monkeys can fly) In grade 7 we started a betting ring on Pet Rock Fights. ( we had a huge rock pile on our playground so we would just take two of the biggest rocks and I throw my rock at his rock and the one not destroyed in the end one.) On Grade 8 we made a thirty page guide on how to make toast. I am now in tenth grade and we are still close friends. And pretty much I am one of the most popular kids in the highschool. This isn't because I got any less weirder, I just got more mature. I just replaced the wierd nickname of Buge-a-boca with Fitz, instead of Gibberish I 'm laughed at for wasting mt yime making a list of the 500 best movie titles not made yet. In my school I am so different that I don't fit in any group, or clique, or fit any description of popularity, and yet I'm well liked. Why?? because I don't conform. I act as I like to act and people can accept that as they like to accept it. And apparently I am so different that they all love to accept it. But most importantly I think its because of my first real prayer back in 1st grade. I asked for a friend and right now I have several.------------------------------------------------------------------------ The message, sue, its alright to ask God for a friend, or to be well liked. But don't comform to everybody else, someones going to accept you and befriend you without you belitlling yourself. hoped my testimony helped. I'm praying for youRyan Fitz

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
When I was in first grade I was crazy. Really crazy. Back then my self made nickname went by buge-abaca , My hobbies involved running around and flapping my arms, and all I really spoke was Gibberish. and I was ridiculed for it. I was always the one at the empty table. and I was the one ignored. I was pretty much the classic example of a reject. And I got sick of it. So I asked my first prayer for a friend. The night after that prayer a boy transfered from another school....and joined the others in ridiculing me. months later. I was still speaking gibberish, running around and flapping my arms, and calling myself the really wierd nickname above. But despite all this that one day that boy went up to me (for no reason he was extremley popular) and asked if we could be friends. for the next 7 years we and him were inseperable, and we probably have had the craziest friendship I have ever seen. At 3rd grade we tricked ourselfs into believing that a madman called rusty was trying to blow up the whole school, and almost got suspended for telling everybody that there going to get blown up. In 4th grade we were attacked by Mothmen. In 6th we spread a mock religon around the school ( everythings an illusion until you believe monkeys can fly) In grade 7 we started a betting ring on Pet Rock Fights. ( we had a huge rock pile on our playground so we would just take two of the biggest rocks and I throw my rock at his rock and the one not destroyed in the end one.) On Grade 8 we made a thirty page guide on how to make toast. I am now in tenth grade and we are still close friends. And pretty much I am one of the most popular kids in the highschool. This isn't because I got any less weirder, I just got more mature. I just replaced the wierd nickname of Buge-a-boca with Fitz, instead of Gibberish I 'm laughed at for wasting mt yime making a list of the 500 best movie titles not made yet. In my school I am so different that I don't fit in any group, or clique, or fit any description of popularity, and yet I'm well liked. Why?? because I don't conform. I act as I like to act and people can accept that as they like to accept it. And apparently I am so different that they all love to accept it. But most importantly I think its because of my first real prayer back in 1st grade. I asked for a friend and right now I have several.------------------------------------------------------------------------ The message, sue, its alright to ask God for a friend, or to be well liked. But don't comform to everybody else, someones going to accept you and befriend you without you belitlling yourself. hoped my testimony helped. I'm praying for youRyan Fitz

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I do know what it feels like to be like you 2involved. I was soooo shy in grammar school that I would cringe if the teacher even looked my way. I would slump down behind the person in front of me when she was looking for someone to answer a question. I would hated to wear anything new. I would try to make it look old by getting it scuffed or dirty. I hated getting to school even the slightest bit late as I got older b/c everyone was outside and I felt like they were staring at me and there were so many people I had to walk past. I was always afraid I wouldn't know where my friends were and would look stupid trying to find them; not that I had a whole lot of them. Anyway, as I have gotten older, those same fears still manifest at times, but the Lord has given me grace to overcome in many areas. Hang in there. Remember, the devil condemns, but the Holy Spirit convicts. Satan is the one that tells you you aren't popular, you don't have a good personality,etc. The HS will tell you things like, "You need to confess what you did last night...". So, I will be praying for you as the Holy Spirit gives me remembrance of you and I will pray for remembrance.
smile.gif
We all have down times as believers, each with our own struggles. The Lord is whispering to you ,"Be of good cheer! It is I. Do not be afraid!" (Matt. 14, Mark 6) ***You are tooooo funny, LGF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God gave us all different personalities, and you are quite the comedian!

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(Letsgofishing;43106)
First Fishing your in tenth? Cool. I am still younger
sad.gif
Gah haBut to answer your question,trying to make people laugh,and trying to be somebody your not will turn them away. My biggest advice is be yourself,you may find you are funnier then. Idk.I am kind of like Fishing the only difference is I was the kid running,jumping,yelling,and just laughing 24/7 from 3rd grade,my name was immeediatly known,I have never personally had a problem with not being popular,I am still that same kid I was in 3rd grade,I still yell,run,jump but in a mature way. The whole fact of why people like me in my opnion is I am me,I don't act as another. Praying to God will help this! Like fishing pointed out.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."Prov 18:24The first part of that verse is the key
biggrin.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Amen, Radd!The more I AM a friend, the more friends I have made. It is soooooooo true. And praise God for the second part of that verse. Jesus never makes fun of us or rejects us. We can call on Him any time! That is so awesome!!!!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
I guess I'm struggling to know what it means to be a freind. I try to be nice. I sometimes help people out and do them favors. I know people who are rude and mean but they still seem liked.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(TooInvolved1;44657)
I guess I'm struggling to know what it means to be a freind. I try to be nice. I sometimes help people out and do them favors. I know people who are rude and mean but they still seem liked.
it seems to me that those who like folks who are rude and mean are as equally shallow as the rude and mean person. I myself would not hang out with either the person who is liked or those who like that person. Jesus is a friend to all...His friendship however has both soft and hard edges. Christ did not mince words when it came to speaking the truth, a true friend will not either. Jesus also is a friend by the fact that He will do ANYTHING to help us and protect us. He will listen to us, let us cry on His shoulder..and He loves us with no strings attached. His compassion is great for all and His willingness to give a kind word is never failing. That is a true friend...as He said a true friend is one who is willing to lay down his life for his friends. Pretty big shoes to fill, but He teaches us. Just remember if your "friends" put a price tag on their friendship, they are NOT your friend. Being liked and popular does not mean you have made it to a place of goodness, it most likely means you fit in well with the world. Not really a place you would want to fit in if you are Christian.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
I just replaced the wierd nickname of Buge-a-boca with Fitz, instead of Gibberish
My friends call me "Mill-Mill" or "Miller Lite" or "MWM"
smile.gif
Its fun.And I'd also like to bring up another sect in this thing called "Cool-ism". It was not God's intention for you to conform to everyone else and be "cool". I have seen many new songs and t-shirts, and while I am thankful they wish to spread the Word of God, they try to depict God and Jesus Christ as being "cool". Well...Jesus is NOT cool, he is HOLY.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
People may show favoritism towards their fellow man. However, God DOES NOT show favoritism. And never has.Just check out this passage from Acts 10:23-46"The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the brothers from Joppa went along. 24The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. 25As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself." 27Talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. 28He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. 29So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection. May I ask why you sent for me?" 30Cornelius answered: "Four days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon. Suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me 31and said, 'Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered your gifts to the poor. 32Send to Joppa for Simon who is called Peter. He is a guest in the home of Simon the tanner, who lives by the sea.' 33So I sent for you immediately, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has commanded you to tell us." 34Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. 36You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. 39"We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree, 40but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." 44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God." KEEP IN MIND that Cornelius was as Roman as Roman could get... He was a gentile through and through (uncircumcised and everything). But he worshiped Yahweh and the Lord did not leave him out. The Lord did not turn His back on Cornelius.You must understand that back in those days a Roman centurion would have been very low on the "bring to salvation" list along with prostitutes and tax collectors. I mean, the Jews HATED the Romans --- with a vengeance. But they REALLY hated the Roman army --- and a Centurion was a man who led 100 roman soldiers (kind of like an officer in today's military). Talk about top of the hate list.[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion[/url]The punch line is this: God does not play favorites. He never has; He never will. The Holy Spirit visited Cornelius and his family --- this was SHOCKING to Peter.... but God does not play favorites, period.This is also why you should never look down on your fellow man. You can't judge a book by the cover you know. That reminds me of a song by Confederate Railroad. (I live in Nashville -- there is more country music here than you can shake a stick at).Confederate Railroad -- Daddy Never was the Cadillac Kind[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQUJlsNu_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQUJlsNu_4[/url]

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
(TooInvolved1;43092)
Seriously. Ppl don't react to me very well sometimes. I think there are some things I'm doing to influence that but I feel like sometimes no matter how hard I try it doesn't work.Like when I tell a joke or try to be funny in some way, people just look at me. I don't mean to sound pitiful but I know the folowing will sound "too involved" but even online I notice some ppl are "popular" like in high school! But I'm not...One woman on another board I'm on has ben away for a while. SHe just returned and people posted two separate threads to welcome her back! And she got lots of replies! I feel like if I left no one would notice much less be happy if I returned.Of course I post about my faith and many of them HATE that especially when I won't let them continually criticze Christianity.Do you think God grants favor to certain ppl to be liked? Can I pray for him do this in my life?
My friend do not let anyone to make you sad...If some people don't "like you" you just do them away...Be with people that loves you and people who love God(like all here
smile.gif
smile.gif
).People who love God love all people ...Take care...

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Letsgofishing;43106)
But most importantly I think its because of my first real prayer back in 1st grade. I asked for a friend and right now I have several.Ryan Fitz
Put me down as one of your freinds too Ryan. I love your story and testimony and attitude. WOW !!!Arnie M.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Another thing about someone being friends with someone who is mean-spirited is, I think they have a hidden agenda. I think they have a motive of wanting to be liked or feel popular. Or, maybe they think that person can do something for them that they can't do on their own. The thing about Christ is, He always desires our best just because... that's it! There's no motive attached. He just wants us to be free and come out of darkness into truth, light, and love. Knowing that His character has no guile, no intent to harm, but purity, should help us have more confidence in how much He loves us. We don't need friends to validate us. We need to bring people to Him so He can show them how much they need Him. We need to be an example of how Christ loves, but we don't have to fall off into a pit of disobedience to be Godly and lovely.We can speak the truth in love. Let's build up one another by prayer and encouraging words as we see the end of our days fast approaching.
smile.gif

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(His By Grace;44755)
Another thing about someone being friends with someone who is mean-spirited is, I think they have a hidden agenda. I think they have a motive of wanting to be liked or feel popular. Or, maybe they think that person can do something for them that they can't do on their own. The thing about Christ is, He always desires our best just because... that's it! There's no motive attached. He just wants us to be free and come out of darkness into truth, light, and love. Knowing that His character has no guile, no intent to harm, but purity, should help us have more confidence in how much He loves us. We don't need friends to validate us. We need to bring people to Him so He can show them how much they need Him. We need to be an example of how Christ loves, but we don't have to fall off into a pit of disobedience to be Godly and lovely.We can speak the truth in love. Let's build up one another by prayer and encouraging words as we see the end of our days fast approaching.
smile.gif

amen :pray3:

its_victoria08

Mar 28, 2008
Being well-liked by people here on earth is not always a positive thing.Besides, God loves you. Does it really matter who else loves you?

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Hi,Although I see your point, yes it matters to me a lot if people like me, especially when I'm not thinking I've done anything wrong. However, God is opening my eyes to the role I play in situations like these. It's pretty painful and sometimes I really want to quit!But to others' pt about being liked by rude people, I see what you're saying too.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Some of this may be in your head. I don't think anyone on this board dislikes you (unless I'm missing something big around here).