Do you think speaking in Tounges is the gift of everybody?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
Faith without works is dead being alone. Was not Abraham justified by works? He could not just say I have faith in you God... his faith was tested before righteousness was imputed on him by God. Cleanse your hands you sinners, and purify your hearts. But these people speak evil things about that which they know not. They know what they see naturally, and these very things corrupt their minds. These are the people who separate themselves speak great things to puff up their egos amongst men, but do not have the living Spirit of Christ in them.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
The gift of tongues(spiritual gift) is for everyone. 1 Cor. 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given TO EVERY MAN to profit withal."In 1 Cor. 12:27-30 These gifts are ministry gifts and not all are called into the ministry of a prophet, teacher, miracles, healings, helps, government, diversities of tongues. Paul was talking about ministering in tongues in a public assembly with interpretation as a ministry gift. Paul in 1 Cor. 14:2,4 says all believers are encouraged to speaking tongues to themselves and to God. Notice that he that speaketh in tongues edifieth himself, not physical, or mental, but spiritual.(1 Cor.14:14) If speaking in tongue edifies the believer why would he give this to just a few?Paul did not say that the Corinthians had received the wrong gift (tongues) but they were just using it wrong. Paul spoke in tongues more than them all. (1 Cor.14:18)When did he recieve this gift?A lot of Spiritual things are beyond our knowledge-when something is beyond our knowledge, we usually condemn it, criticize it, ignore it or write it off as unimportant. Spiritual things can only come by the Spirit. We do not take by faith what the Word of God says. I say this out of experience in my own life. I tried to explain this away because I could not comprehend it in my mind. When in prayer I ask the Holy Spirit to teach me the truth, Well, God is always faithful and he has confirmed in me the truth.

Nov 8, 2007
Speaking in Tongues can also be Romans 8:26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.Crying, Speaking this babble, Speaking in another tongue you don't even know of. Me when I Pray sometimes and am deep in prayer, I'll speak in the Hebrew Tongue and sometimes this subtle babble, which some CB members call it. Anyways, it's given to all. Whether it be the babble or some other form, like crying, yelling, groaning.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;27923)
Speaking in Tongues can also be Romans 8:26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.Crying, Speaking this babble, Speaking in another tongue you don't even know of. Me when I Pray sometimes and am deep in prayer, I'll speak in the Hebrew Tongue and sometimes this subtle babble, which some CB members call it. Anyways, it's given to all. Whether it be the babble or some other form, like crying, yelling, groaning.
Amen. Plus don't forget there are tongues of men and of angels 1Cor13:1

B

Benoni 2

Tongues is not for everyone; some 30 (Basic Salvation Experience) 60 (Baptism of the Spirit) 100 fold (Tabernacles)

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(Benoni 2;27952)
Tongues is not for everyone; some 30 (Basic Salvation Experience) 60 (Baptism of the Spirit) 100 fold (Tabernacles)
I disagree. It seems that this is the initial sign of the infilling of the Holy Ghost. Now, of course this is different from the gift of Tongues and prophesy.

B

Benoni 2

I have been speaking in tounges for over 35 years and the one thing I do not do is but an absolute of the way God's spirit moves. I know I have a prayer language in tounges.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Benoni 2;27952)
Can you explain this?

B

Benoni 2

In the OT there were seven feasts that broke down to three. This is a very heavy and awesome study and I do not expect to get to deep into right now but if you are interested. George Warnock wrote a number of books on this subject that can be found on the Web. But the “Feast of Tabernacles” is a good place to start There are a lot of beautiful symbolisms/patterns in this feast that point to the reality of God is saying by His Spiritual Word today. It is really easy to see the feast of Passover in the Blood of Jesus. Here we receive our first spiritual experience by receiving the blood he shed for all of us. You can look back to Egypt and see this feast was given to God Chosen people when they were in bondage. Later when Moses talked to God on MT Sinai he experiences the voice of God. But this gets even deeper and awesome just by looking at the furniture in the temple/Tabernacle. Take the lamp stand in the outer court. This was made by beating gold (Devine life) the lamp stand in shape; there were seven staffs speaking of the seven spirits of God Isa 11:2. The priest daily would have to immerse the lamp stand in olive oil and the fire is so symbolic of cloven tongues of fire on tabernacle. I just found this verse in looking for another verse: Hebrews 8:5Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. 1 Corinthians 10:11Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I understand the shAdow of heavenly things and that the old testament is a pattern of thing future. What are the 30, 60, 100 refer to?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Unorthodox Christian;27923)
I have no problem with someones private prayers Unorthodoxas one knows their own heart.I have a problem when one is in a group that includes sinners also speaking babble and sense one can know the heart of the person next to himyou could have evil spirits babbling. I never said there wasnt a language of the Angels I am saying if its present it is on a one to one basis or it is saying the same to ALL.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I have been confronted with this problem, I haven't been a believer for more than 5 months but right after I was saved one of my friends told me that I didn't have the holy ghost unless I spoke in tounges and that bothered me for weeks but after enough reading on my own I figured out he was wrong. The gift of speaking in tounges isn't given to everybody.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(followerofchrist;28036)
I have been confronted with this problem, I haven't been a believer for more than 5 months but right after I was saved one of my friends told me that I didn't have the holy ghost unless I spoke in tounges and that bothered me for weeks but after enough reading on my own I figured out he was wrong. The gift of speaking in tounges isn't given to everybody.
The gift of tongues in 1 Cor. was only for a limited time and was speaking and understanding foreign languages. So the apostles and others could preach to the people of other languages it was not babbleThere is no gift of Babble There is a Holy language of God but should only be spoken in private prayer as know one understands but God.NO BABBLE SHOULD EVER BE SPOKEN IN PUBLIC without an interpreterAnd speaking babble is NOT the proof of any holy spiritThe holy spirit is present when you accept Christ and repent same as it came on the thief on cross when Jesus died same as it came on Jesus in the shape of a dove speaking babble is proof of nothing especially not the Holy spirit

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Jesus said in Mark 16;17. That one of the signs of a believer is that they shall speak in tongues. 1 Corinthians 14: 4, and jude 20:, says, We Edify [build up] ourselves when we speak in tongues.Romans 8:26, says, The Holy Spirit interceeds for us with groanings, you can even groan in the Spirit.1 corinthians 14:2, Says, You speak mysteries, v13, says, when you speak in tongue, pray that you will interpret, you can interpret the miysteries, A mystery is, Secret things waiting to be reveled.when 1 Corinthians 12: 30, says, "Do all speak with tongues" it means [give an utterance that will be interpreted] it has nothing to do with the tongue's that every believer should have, once they have been baptised in the Holy Spirit.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(kriss;28039)
The gift of tongues in 1 Cor. was only for a limited time and was speaking and understanding foreign languages. So the apostles and others could preach to the people of other languages it was not babbleThere is no gift of Babble There is a Holy language of God but should only be spoken in private prayer as know one understands but God.NO BABBLE SHOULD EVER BE SPOKEN IN PUBLIC without an interpreterAnd speaking babble is NOT the proof of any holy spiritThe holy spirit is present when you accept Christ and repent same as it came on the thief on cross when Jesus died same as it came on Jesus in the shape of a dove speaking babble is proof of nothing especially not the Holy spirit
Spoken like a person not filled with the Spirit.Look it up in the good book. The Brother above posted some useful scripture. It is not babble and you are mocking God the same as did those who saw the 120 filled with the Spirit. They called them drunkards... Peter preached to them in Acts 2, and it cut their hearts. The gift of the Holy Ghost is for every believer (Acts 2:39). The initial sign (not the only sign, but the initial) is speaking in tongues as the Spirit directs.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(ryan;28037)
Oh? Where did you read that?
In the bible it say's that speaking in tounges is "one" of the gifts that come with the Holy Spirit. But my friend that told me I had to speak in tounges in order to have the Holy Spiri, at his church they do it without interpretation (the bible say's it should be interpreted) and it sounded like nonsense so I figured that they were all just babaling. If they were really speaking in tounges they would have had someone able to interpret like the bible directs.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Amen followerofchrist.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(followerofchrist;28056)
In the bible it say's that speaking in tounges is "one" of the gifts that come with the Holy Spirit. But my friend that told me I had to speak in tounges in order to have the Holy Spiri, at his church they do it without interpretation (the bible say's it should be interpreted) and it sounded like nonsense so I figured that they were all just babaling. If they were really speaking in tounges they would have had someone able to interpret like the bible directs.
Poor logic. The Corinthians were mis-using tongues, all speaking at once, without seeking God for his gifts of interpretation, but that doesn't mean that they weren't actually speaking in tongues.Also it's crazy to say that only some Christians speak in tongues based on "the gifts" passage because that same passage also says "to one is given . . wisdom . . knowledge . . faith . . discernment . .etc"Are you going to say that only one, or even only some Christians get each of these and the rest don't?Do you know many Christians without faith or knowledge ?2Peter 3:16: As also in all his (Paul's) epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(followerofchrist;28056)
follower of Christ... the gift of tongues with interpretation is just that... one of the gifts. It should be done orderly and decently. Don't get this confused (as many do) with the initial sign of receiving the Holy Ghost... which is speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance. All through the book of acts it describes people receiving the Holy Ghost... they knew they received because they heard them speak in tongues. Acts 2:4:And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 10:46:For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Acts 19:6:And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. Here is a key verse for understanding the difference between Speaking in tongues as a sign of the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and the gift of tongues Paul talked about:I Corinthians 14:22:Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. The first part of this verse talks about Tongues as evidence of the Baptism, the latter half of the verse he is speaking of the Gift of tongues with interpretation. Hope this helps in your walk with God!Ryan