Do you think speaking in Tounges is the gift of everybody?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;28103)
Ryan We are saved by grace when you accept our lord as your savior and repent of your sinsthe holy spirit is in you Tongues was never a part of being called a Christian until modern times it is not required it was never required Christ never spoke in tongues it is called a lowly gift even if you belive it exists no lowly gift called less than charity is proof of any holy spirit.do not be fooled Gods word has no religion its not pencostal, or catholic, or any other religion it is for all.
Amen x 3 (except for the Catholic part
wink.gif
)

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;28103)
Ryan We are saved by grace when you accept our lord as your savior and repent of your sinsthe holy spirit is in you Tongues was never a part of being called a Christian until modern times it is not required it was never required Christ never spoke in tongues it is called a lowly gift even if you belive it exists no lowly gift called less than charity is proof of any holy spirit.do not be fooled Gods word has no religion its not pencostal, or catholic, or any other religion it is for all.
I agree we are saved by faith through repentance. You are indwelt(sealed) with the Holy Spirit at salvation.How do we know Christ never spoke in tongues? Maybe he knew every language. He did pray in the spirit, he was full of the spirit. But the only time I see tongues is after the day of Pentecost. When all believers recieved the Spirit, tongues is a gift just like the rest listed. It is a privelege to use the gifts God has given us through the Holy Spirit.I was saved without speaking in tongues, I believe I could have, but I was brainwashed into believeng they no longer exist. By faith, Just like salvation, I accepted what the word said about the gifts, I have been speaking in tongues ever since. Still growing and learning how to manifest the gifts with Love.All gifts, not just tongues are less than LOVE. Without Love everything in the Bible is of little or no effect.