Do you trust the discernment of angry people here on this forum?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that anything that is said should be tested. Just because someone says they have discernment does not mean that they are immune from reacting, having wrong motives, or being wrong.
All of us need to test things , that’s biblical.
All of us need to pray for open hearts, minds, eyes and ears to hear and see if the Holy Spirit is part of what is being said.
Even a truth can be relayed without the Holy Spirit prompting it to be shared - truth shared at the right time and the right way can be used in a mighty way. Jesus always prayed and followed his father with regards to what he said, when he said it and how it was said ……. Often as not all of us can be guilty of sounding like resounding gongs !!
This is just my opinion xx
Usually if people have to go to the trouble of saying that they have discernment it's a red flag.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see some folks here who are clearly angry because another doesn't share their theological view and they oftentimes become insulting and abusive.

I have difficulty trusting their discernment and am more likely than not to simply skip their posts. I'm also less inclined to read and respond simply because they have demonstrated that they are hardheaded. :) So what's the point?
Head knowledge of Scripture is important. I also think people can be both right even if they arent speaking in love.

But personally knowing God and being in tune with His Spirit is a different matter. I try to focus on the good.

A good example of someone who can disagree with grace is @marks. We disagree on things but his ability to show spiritual fruit through his posts is remarkable.

I feel that ond way to reverse the negativity is to honor those that show respect and compassion.

Another example is @amadeus. He had apologized for things that most people wouldnt care to humble themselves about. Not that he needs to often. I love his attitude.

@Nancy is a constant encourager and Ive seen @dev553344 take a very measured approach in controversial topics.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Head knowledge of Scripture is important. I also think people can be both right even if they arent speaking in love.

But personally knowing God and being in tune with His Spirit is a different matter. I try to focus on the good.

A good example of someone who can disagree with grace is @marks. We disagree on things but his ability to show spiritual fruit through his posts is remarkable.

I feel that ond way to reverse the negativity is to honor those that show respect and compassion.

Another example is @amadeus. He had apologized for things that most people wouldnt care to humble themselves about. Not that he needs to often. I love his attitude.

@Nancy is a constant encourager and Ive seen @dev553344 take a very measured approach in controversial topics.
Thank you, Wynona, and you are also an example for me! I so love how we are able to build each other up!

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Wynona, and you are also an example for me! I so love how we are able to build each other up!

Much love!
You're welcome! You see what I'm doing though, right?

You have to keep telling Satan, Not Today when people annoy you cause now you have a reputation to uphold!