Do You Write In Your Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
I write notes and comments and cross references in my bible when I study or listen to others teach. I have taught Sunday school for adults for over twenty seven years. My present bible was bought in 1990. I had to apply a red neck repair to the cover recently. I put gray duct tape on the binding that fell off.

I could follow my notes throught the bible and teach lessons by following my notes and cross references. I am afraid to send it away to be rebound.

Levi

May 30, 2013
I write and highlight. Who wouldn't write it down when God shows you something! :)

kbrenton

Dec 13, 2014
Delaware
Hi,

I have several different versions for comparision but my main Bible is the NIV study Bible. I write in it and highlight all the time. Not just about verses and stuff but also about things going on at the time. There is alot of information init and it is my hope thatone of myfive children will want it a d begin using it as their own after I am gone. To be passed on. To me that would be a great blessing fot our family.

Angelina, my first Bible was a Good News Bible also,, that is neat. I think they were givenbecause they were easy to understand. Mine had a jean like material as the cover. My mothef was not religeous and my best friend used to take me to Church with them and her parents gave it to me. I still have it. And Hammerstone, I am like you, I use my computer but I just prrefer to hold my Bible whenI study or read, it makes it more personal and real.

God Bless, Kim

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well said Kim,
I now use a 1984 NIV if I go to church or am at a home group type setting. Otherwise I go to gateway when I'm on-line and mainly use the NKJV, NASB, KJV or Amplified. I have several paper bibles but my fave is the 1984 NIV :)

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a very nice NIV that has my name embossed in the cover and I have had it for almost 20 years. I still keep it in the box it came in but I use it almost daily. I treat it like a prized possession. I couldn't imagine writing in it. I have other, less snazzy, Bibles but I just cant bring myself to write in them. :) However, I have a collection of notebooks that have all my notes and verses written in them. I guess it's just a preference. :)

BA