Does anyone here seek the Kingdom of God"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep - Jesus was harsh towards the people who believed they had all the answers and those who thought being RIGHT was more important than love. I am sure the Pharisees cared more about a literal Flood than the people it was written for too.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yep - Jesus was harsh towards the people who believed they had all the answers and those who thought being RIGHT was more important than love. I am sure the Pharisees cared more about a literal Flood than the people it was written for too.
Total nonsense! God gave us His Word, the Bible so we can have "all the answers". Just because many like you reject the Bible doesn't negate the fact that it is His Word of Truth.
Jesus was harsh toward hypocrites. Why do you keep making this stuff up?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Total nonsense! God gave us His Word, the Bible so we can have "all the answers". Just because many like you reject the Bible doesn't negate the fact that it is His Word of Truth.
Jesus was harsh toward hypocrites. Why do you keep making this stuff up?

It is called Christianity, Ducky.

Having all the answers is not the point. Love is the point!

Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites because they couldn't even follow all the rules they were telling the people to follow if they wanted to be RIGHT. Non of the stuff they were doing was important because it did not include love. Sorry Ducky,it's a fact!

I am getting this from the Bible.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It is called Christianity, Ducky.

Having all the answers is not the point. Love is the point!

Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites because they couldn't even follow all the rules they were telling the people to follow if they wanted to be RIGHT. Non of the stuff they were doing was important because it did not include love. Sorry Ducky,it's a fact!

I am getting this from the Bible.
What is fact is that you totally ignore reality. This world is a sewer Aspen. Take your head out of the sand. Your doctrine is against reality. Which world do you live in? You don't even know.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are called to be a light to the world or the sewer as you like to call it. What do you think that means? I believe we are called to love in the face of pain, loss, and fear. Sharing the gospel is called spreading the good news because it gives people the key to transcend all the garbage in the world through love, by giving their lives to God and receivinng His forgiveness and love so they can love Him and others.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
We are called to be a light to the world or the sewer as you like to call it. What do you think that means? I believe we are called to love in the face of pain, loss, and fear. Sharing the gospel is called spreading the good news because it gives people the key to transcend all the garbage in the world through love, by giving their lives to God and receivinng His forgiveness and love so they can love Him and others.
II Cor 6 Come out from among them and be ye separate and then I will receive you.

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
To rest in the Heb.4 context is simply following what God did on the 7th day. He rested from ALL His works. We must cease from our works (that is, what we deem to be necessary) as well. He said I will bulid my Church, He didn't say my people will!!! Everything He did in creation is all that He will ever do. Otherwise He wouldn't be resting/ceasing from His labors. What He did of course was accomplished in eternity, He then slotted into time all that He purposed for all time. An example of this is Rev.13:8...Christ was slain from the foundation of the world. Jh. 17:4 "I have glorified You on the earth, I HAVE FINISHED THE WORK which You have given Me to do". Now wait a second, Jesus hadn't even gone to the cross yet! Was that not part of what He was sent to do? Church was meant to be like kindergarten, grade school, middle school, high school, college and graduate school in order to prepare us for The Kingdom. Sadly, as we see today in the natural, many don't grauate. In the school of the Spirit you can advance quickly, but you can't skip and grades.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes!

The church and Christianity is not an end, as Big Picture said, it is a means! It is so that we would learn to know God in spirit and walk in truth.

We think being Christian is the point... It's not.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
The Kingdom of God is the last day because there is no night there — the Kingdom of God is the place of rest and the last day.

How do you do it? What do you do to get there?

How do you seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness? What kind of labour do you do to enter the last day of rest?

Heb 4:
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Do you kill your enemies and the enemies of God? Do you build great temples of wood and stone? Do you condemn the world for not believing?

How are we to labour to enter into that rest...?

Good thread KingdomCome!

The Kingdom of God is here, within us already, as Luke 17 tells us, "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The Kingdom of God cometh with not observation; neither shall they say, Lo here! for behold, the Kingdom of God is within you." The Kingdom of God is all around us.

This is what the gospel is about, Jesus came down to set up His Kingdom, it's about His Kingdom.

We enter His Kingdom by picking up the cross and allowing the cross to do its work in us, we are to put to death the work of the flesh and be alive in the Spirit, through faith and obedience. We are crucified with Christ, it is Him living in us, He is our perfector, our overcomer. We now walk in His life.

Blessings to you all!

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Yes. His Kingdom is an entirely new creation!

Good post, Jake. :)
Amen Prentis! As a new creation, born again, we enter into our spiritual reality which is the Kingdom of God, IN Christ, it is where we live from, where He is, we also are!

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks Prentis and Jake,

What you are doing, being kind to others and preaching the "Good News", is in fact laboring so another might enter the day of rest...

Blessings

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
KC:

I was told that the way to the kingdom within is found in the beatitudes. (Mt 5:3-9) By experimenting, I have the experiences that this is so. It gets metaphysical and mystical and esoteric, so it is not for those who are satisfied with the oldness of the letter; but is for those who desire the newness of Spirit.

Here is a brief summary of each beatitude.

1. Make your home in the breath.
2. Feel. Allow what is, to be, without suppression, repression, ignoring. Face what is, in the now.
3. Work with Spirit to loose, untie, unravel; to crucify; so that which is rigid within is made soft.
4. Fast from the thoughts of the mind and eat the Bread of Life.
5. Give of what you received in #4.
6. See God in everyone.
7. Make thought into form.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
KC:

I was told that the way to the kingdom within is found in the beatitudes. (Mt 5:3-9) By experimenting, I have the experiences that this is so. It gets metaphysical and mystical and esoteric, so it is not for those who are satisfied with the oldness of the letter; but is for those who desire the newness of Spirit.
Yes! I was just thinking about this, a brother wrote something on another site, and then this is such a blessing to read. We can remain in the letter of the law, we can memorize the Bible, we can do our checkmarks, yet if we do not have the Spirit, if we are not walking in the Spirit, we remain where we are. We can move beyond! Let our eyes see our spiritual reality!

May the Lord richly bless you!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"there is none righteous, not even one"
Romans 3:10

If there is no one who seeks the Kingdom of God, none who are good enough to do so, then it is by the mercy and grace of Christ that any are enabled to do so.

Therefore we are to give Him praise.

The Kingdom of God stands by the rule of the Almighty, by the inspiration directed at His mercy and to His glory.
It is His and He deserves it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
We must be very carefull how we use that verse. Yes, there is none righteous, when God measures them against the righteousness of God. But there are righteous men...

Genesis 7:1
[ The Great Flood ] Then the LORD said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.
It says Noah WAS indeed righteous. The verse you use actually also applies to Noah.

None have the righteousness of Christ and are righteous like him (by their own power), but men can be righteous (like Noah) according to the righteousness of men. That means obedience in whatever they are capable, and humility and repentance where they are weak.

If we do not see this, either the Bible is wrong because it says Noah was righteous, or it is wrong because it says that none are righteous. But it isn't. that's how it all comes together :)

We must exercise the righteousness of men; that is to be just, humble, giving where we can, loving... And to that we as Christians are called to add the righteousness of Christ, to do so we must lay down our own old life, and take up his strength.

Reactions: Shirley

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Luke 17
21 nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

John 3
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 2
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

Ask God for His Spirit and you will understand by His Spirit what has been prepared for those who love Him.