Does anyone here seek the Kingdom of God"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
The Kingdom of God is the last day because there is no night there — the Kingdom of God is the place of rest and the last day.

How do you do it? What do you do to get there?

How do you seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness? What kind of labour do you do to enter the last day of rest?

Heb 4:
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Do you kill your enemies and the enemies of God? Do you build great temples of wood and stone? Do you condemn the world for not believing?

How are we to labour to enter into that rest...?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It should be obvious that those who are seeking God's Kingdom are living for God and striving to please and obey Him. That's how we get there. Those who aren't striving won't make it unless they repent. Many who believe in Jesus will not make it into God's eternal Kingdom.

Matthew 7:21-23 (ESV)
[sup]21 [/sup]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [sup]22 [/sup]On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ [sup]23 [/sup]And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
It should be obvious that those who are seeking God's Kingdom are living for God and striving to please and obey Him. That's how we get there. Those who aren't striving won't make it unless they repent. Many who believe in Jesus will not make it into God's eternal Kingdom.

[sup]21 [/sup]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [sup]22 [/sup]On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ [sup]23 [/sup]And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

There you go with a negative point of view — you see, that is the problem, when we see only that which is wrong with others, we are incapable to profess the love of Christ.

The answer is:

Mt 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

What do you see — other than the wrong doings of others.

I see a Kingdom coming down from heaven where there is no more curse, one toward another.

Rev 22:
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Mat 7: 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Reactions: aspen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Keith!

This is something that I learned many years ago and the Lord has refreshed my memory a few mornings back.
When we focus on the needs and desires of this life, [in the flesh] we struggle with every day things and lose our focus on the eternal.
When we focus on the eternal in Christ ...we stop struggling and our life becomes one straight road that reaches into the Kingdom of Heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:4
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There you go with a negative point of view — you see, that is the problem, when we see only that which is wrong with others, we are incapable to profess the love of Christ.
You'll have to blame Jesus since I was quoting Him. I answered your question quite clearly.
The answer is:

Mt 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

What do you see — other than the wrong doings of others.
By quoting Jesus? I could have quoted a lot more that He said about this. How about the Genesis Flood whereby God made them an example?
Mat 7: 15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
There ya go, being negative as you accused me of doing.

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010

You'll have to blame Jesus since I was quoting Him. I answered your question quite clearly.

By quoting Jesus? I could have quoted a lot more that He said about this. How about the Genesis Flood whereby God made them an example?

There ya go, being negative as you accused me of doing.

I made my point by showing you the reaction you get from others...I did it on purpose.

Why do you not stop?

Hi Keith!

This is something that I learned many years ago and the Lord has refreshed my memory a few mornings back.
When we focus on the needs and desires of this life, [in the flesh] we struggle with every day things and lose our focus on the eternal.
When we focus on the eternal in Christ ...we stop struggling and our life becomes one straight road that reaches into the Kingdom of Heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:4
For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.

I praise the Lord that is in you Angelina...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I made my point by showing you the reaction you get from others...I did it on purpose.

Why do you not stop?
I answered your question with Scripture. My answer was precisely about your question. If you don't want Scriptural answers then you should say so.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am quite impressed that Matt 6:22 was quoted ---also, it is in Luke 11:34 KJV.

If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light. (paraphrase from memory, probably not exact.)

I have seen this Light brighter than 10,000 suns inside and my life has never been the same.

It is Heaven. As anyone that has exprerienced It will agree.

Thank you for the topic.

:)

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
I am quite impressed that Matt 6:22 was quoted ---also, it is in Luke 11:34 KJV.

If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light. (paraphrase from memory, probably not exact.)

I have seen this Light brighter than 10,000 suns inside and my life has never been the same.

It is Heaven. As anyone that has exprerienced It will agree.

Thank you for the topic.

Blessings to you Miss Hepburn,

Forty years ago I saw the same Light — as you have and as did Paul on the road to Damascus.

I have never stopped laboring that all on the planet might seek Christ Jesus, so that, He might come and sup with them.

I have never met another that would confess the Light as do you.

My heart is with you — Praise Him!

I know you know Him...When two or more come together in His name, He will be there.

There is no darkness in the Light...

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love your name by the way, Kingdom Come -because A_N_Y_T_H_I_N_G that
reminds us of the Kingdom -and the King and us as His citizens is so wonderful...
joint heirs with Christ... daughters and sons of the King.
This is very important to remember and stand on as a solid foundation when I hear of
discouragement in my brothers and sisters occassionally.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It is your attitude Duckybill...It is your spirit Duckybill...Please be nice!
You seem to have a problem with Jesus' attitude.

[sup]21 [/sup]“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [sup]22 [/sup]On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’[sup]23 [/sup]And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

If you can correct Jesus then have at it.

Matthew 7:13-14 (ESV)
[sup]13 [/sup]“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. [sup]14 [/sup]For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God is the last day because there is no night there — the Kingdom of God is the place of rest and the last day.

How do you do it? What do you do to get there?

How do you seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness? What kind of labour do you do to enter the last day of rest?

Heb 4:
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Do you kill your enemies and the enemies of God? Do you build great temples of wood and stone? Do you condemn the world for not believing?

How are we to labour to enter into that rest...?

What a great thread. I have been thinking about these questions throughout the day - thanks Kingdom Come!

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
Duckybill,

Christ Jesus said everything in a loving manner.

I really feel sorry for you and your lack of understanding.

I truly believe Christ Jesus would have had tears in his eyes when He took part in the following...

Matt 23:
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharise
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

I pray that some day you will find the Love of God and will be able to pass that Love on to others.

What a great thread. I have been thinking about these questions throughout the day - thanks Kingdom Come!

I believe that if we come together, we can find some great solutions that have been given to us by the Father and Christ Jesus and the Prophets and the Apostles.

Thanks for your response aspen...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I really feel sorry for you and your lack of understanding.
Your personal remarks are a smoke screen to avoid the Scriptures. That's pretty typical here.
I pray that some day you will find the Love of God and will be able to pass that Love on to others.
Is that why you keep making personal comments rather than addressing Scriptures because of your 'love'?

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
Duckybill...

You may do as you will — I will no longer respond to you.

Mr 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them.

I shake the dust...

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
And let's all just keep in mind that the church are simply those who are called to rule and reign with Christ--- not the subjects and the Kingdom people per se, but joint rulers and teachers with Christ over the rest of the people of the Kingdom.

God is preparing a few now for this task while the rest will be called and saved later in the millennium. That being said, however, is not an excuse to brush aside a calling now. It could be that most here today, by virtue of their birth order in the time span of man, are called to participate but only a few ever respond. So, if today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts. I can't promise anyone more than one chance. But then again, everyone, past, present and future, will be called to at least one chance sooner or later. God does the calling and saving, and is ever so merciful.

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

So, what do we do — how are we to labour?

I really want to know what you folks think...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

So, what do we do — how are we to labour?

I really want to know what you folks think...

Practice our sanctification by loving God and our neighbor in all of life's circumstances.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Duckybill,

Christ Jesus said everything in a loving manner.
Did He?

Mt 15:7 ESV
You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

Mt 23:15 ESV
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Duckybill...

You may do as you will — I will no longer respond to you.

Mr 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them.

I shake the dust...
Those who love God love His Word. Including the Genesis Flood.