Does Christ repeat the Sabbath commandment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You scratch your head about this - something I have NEVER said, implied or suggested -- you LIAR!

You have NO scripture saying New Covenant Christians are required to only rest and worship the Lord on Saturday

There is my answer to you and your billions of Sunday worshippers who RAPE Scripture

Wow, so that's an odd choice of words... you shouldn't include your fantasies thrown in to your replies. disagree.gif

It's sad to see people who don't even know the difference between the old covenant and the new covenant
sad4.png
If you could, you would.
Have killed or have had me killed.

Relax... I'm not catholic or reformed so I'm not having anybody whacked.

You sure seem paranoid... I hope you get the help you need agree.gif

Christians have entered into a permanent Sabbath rest, a "sabbatismos" rest (Hebrews 4:9) in contrast with Israel keeping the weekly sabbath day under the law. (Exodus 31:16-17; 35:1-3; Deuteronomy 5:15)
thanks.gifsmile-grin11.gif

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Wow, so that's an odd choice of words... you shouldn't include your fantasies thrown in to your replies.
disagree.gif
Little horn big mouth You should include Jesus' Words HE chose and I used - quoted - word for word and letter for letter, words you are too cowardly to look at.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is NOTHING of what you claim in Hebrews 4. Nothing. What do you post for?
Hebrews 4:9 - So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. (NASB) Notice that the Greek word "sabbatismos" here is used nowhere else in the Bible.

W. E. Vine, Greek Dictionary points out:

Sabbath rest (4520) (sabbatismos from sabbatízo = keep the Sabbath) literally means a keeping of a sabbath or a keeping of days of rest. It is used in this passage not in the literal sense (meaning to keep a specific day, the "Sabbath" day) but to describe a period of rest for God’s people which is modeled after and is a fulfillment of the traditional Sabbath.

SABBATISMOS a Sabbath-keeping, is used in Heb. 4:9, R.V., "a Sabbath rest," A.V. marg., "a keeping of a Sabbath" (akin to sabbatizoµ, to keep the Sabbath, used, e.g., in Ex. 16:30, not in the N.T.); here the Sabbath-keeping is the perpetual Sabbath rest to be enjoyed uninterruptedly by believers in their fellowship with the Father and the Son, in contrast to the weekly Sabbath under the Law.

Because this Sabbath rest is the rest of God Himself, its full fruition is yet future, though believers now enter into it. In whatever way they enter into divine “rest,” that which they enjoy is involved in an indissoluble relation with God. (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words)

SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons - Sermon Index

Reactions: rwb

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is NOTHING of what you claim in Hebrews 4. Nothing. What do you post for?

He's obviously not posting in support of the Saturday people funny.gif

You should read and learn from Hebrews 4:1-11

Hebrews 4:1-11
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Little horn big mouth You should include Jesus' Words HE chose and I used - quoted - word for word and letter for letter, words you are too cowardly to look at.

You said... "There is my answer to you and your billions of Sunday worshipers who RAPE Scripture "

I'd like to see scripture references where Jesus said Sunday worshipers "rape" scripture

If you could post that up for the class to see... we'd sho like yo see it homie agree.gif

Surely you aren't too much of a coward to post scripture where Jesus said "Sunday worshipers "rape" scripture", are ya?
eek4.gif

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hebrews 4:9 - So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. (NASB) Notice that the Greek word "sabbatismos" here is used nowhere else in the Bible.

Sabbath rest (4520) (sabbatismos from sabbatízo = keep the Sabbath) literally means a keeping of a sabbath or a keeping of days of rest. It is used in this passage not in the literal sense (meaning to keep a specific day, the "Sabbath" day) but to describe a period of rest for God’s people which is modeled after and is a fulfillment of the traditional Sabbath.

SABBATISMOS a Sabbath-keeping, is used in Heb. 4:9, R.V., "a Sabbath rest," A.V. marg., "a keeping of a Sabbath" (akin to sabbatizoµ, to keep the Sabbath, used, e.g., in Ex. 16:30, not in the N.T.); here the Sabbath-keeping is the perpetual Sabbath rest to be enjoyed uninterruptedly by believers in their fellowship with the Father and the Son, in contrast to the weekly Sabbath under the Law.

Because this Sabbath rest is the rest of God Himself, its full fruition is yet future, though believers now enter into it. In whatever way they enter into divine “rest,” that which they enjoy is involved in an indissoluble relation with God. (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words)

SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons - Sermon Index
Chancer!

Hope you are not colour blind, but everything in red is YOUR ADDITION TO THE WORD OF GOD. To such as add to God's Word - says God through the Written Law of His Word, shall be added the plagues of God's judgments.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chancer!

Hope you are not colour blind, but everything in red is YOUR ADDITION TO THE WORD OF GOD. To such as add to God's Word - says God through the Written Law of His Word, shall be added the plagues of God's judgments.
I'm neither color blind nor spiritually blind. (1 Corinthians 2:11-14) Nothing has been added, just properly interpreted in context. That nasty mean-spirited judgment call you made exposes your heart and is also well above your paygrade! You are not my judge.

Notice that the Greek word "sabbatismos" is used nowhere else in the Bible! Amazing that Sabbatarians would suggest that this is the word for "keeping the weekly Sabbath" when it is never used anywhere else, in spite of the many references to Jews keeping the weekly Sabbath in the New Testament!

W. E. Vine, Greek Dictionary on "Rest" proves the Sabbatarian argument wrong:

A2. KATAPAUSIS (2663), in classical Greek, denotes a causing to cease or putting to rest; in the N.T., rest, repose; it is used (a) of God's rest, Acts 7:49; Heb. 3:11, 18; 4:1, 3 (twice), R.V. (1st part), "that rest" (the A.V., "rest," is ambiguous), 5, 11; (b) in a general statement, applicable to God and man, 4:10.

A4. SABBATISMOS (4520), a Sabbath-keeping, is used in Heb. 4:9, R.V., "a Sabbath rest," A.V. marg., "a keeping of a Sabbath" (akin to sabbatizoµ, to keep the Sabbath, used, e.g., in Ex. 16:30, not in the N.T.); here the Sabbath-keeping is the perpetual Sabbath rest to be enjoyed uninterruptedly by believers in their fellowship with the Father and the Son, in contrast to the weekly Sabbath under the Law. Because this Sabbath rest is the rest of God Himself, 4:10, its full fruition is yet future, though believers now enter into it. In whatever way they enter into Divine rest, that which they enjoy is involved in an indissoluble relation with God.

B2. KATAPAUO (2664), akin to A, No. 2, used transitively, signifies to cause to cease, restrain, Acts 14:18; to cause to rest, Heb. 4:8; intransitively, to rest, Heb. 4:4, 10. See Cease, A, No. 6, Restrain.

Hebrews 4:10 says the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Believers have entered in God’s rest through Jesus (in contrast with law keeping) as God ceased or rested from His works in the seventh day of Creation. God's ultimate, true rest did not come through Joshua or Moses, but through Jesus Christ. Joshua led Israel into the promised land, which was merely the earthly rest which was but a shadow of what was involved in the heavenly rest. The rest in Christ that God offers is spiritual and is superior to that which Joshua obtained. Israel's earthly rest was filled with conflict and attacks from their enemies and the daily cycle of work. The "sabbatismos" rest (Hebrews 4:9) enjoyed uninterruptedly by believers in their fellowship with the Father and the Son is in contrast with keeping the weekly Sabbath day under the Law.

Although for centuries the Jews had found their physical rest in a day, the New Covenant takes the focus off the shadows of the Old Testament signs and rituals and reveals their spiritual substance -- the fulfillment/reality—in the person of Jesus Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17) Christians find complete Sabbath "sabbatismos" rest in Christ's finished work on the cross. The New Testament Sabbath rest is entered into by ceasing from one’s "works" of trying to earn salvation though keeping the Law. Paul explains that the Jewish holy days, including the weekly Sabbath, were merely a “shadow” which pointed to Christ; therefore, Christians should not feel obligated to observe them once the “reality” has come. (Colossians 2.16-17) Because Jesus and the New Testament writers never reiterate the Sabbath command as they do the moral principles contained in the other 9 commandments, Christians are not obligated to observe a literal weekly Sabbath day.

• Love
Reactions: rwb

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'd like to see scripture references where Jesus said Sunday worshipers "rape" scripture

If you could post that up for the class to see... we'd sho like yo see it homie
agree.gif

Surely you aren't too much of a coward to post scripture where Jesus said "Sunday worshipers "rape" scripture", are ya?
I shall post again exactly that which I have already posted, Scripture, the very Scripture that YOU lyingly, deceivingly, blaspheming, committing idolatry, adulterating MISQUOTED as saying:<Big Boy Johnson said: ... the Law of Moses was Spoken to Jews living in Israel... not given to Christians to Whom [it is] applicable>, is indeed saying
Luke 16:16.
1. First YOU ALL RAPE Jesus' Word by divorcing verse 16 from its context verses 13 to 18 at least.
2. You gangrape Jesus' Word by divorcing/dividing/severing/BREAKING apart God's EVERLASTING COVENANT OF GRACE through Jesus Christ ONLY, and THRUSTING IN / PRESSING IN causing division where unity and continuity are perfect in particular as well as in whole :
16 The-law-and-the-prophets-until-John,
16 Ὁ-νόμος-καὶ-οἱ-προφῆται-μέχρι-Ἰωάνου

since then=when:
the kingdom of God is preached=was to be preached and INDEED WAS PREACEHED unchanged, unaltered, "the Everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ" "THE KINGDOM OF GOD".
ἀπὸ τότε· ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ Θεοῦ εὐαγγελίζεται.

3. WORSE: You gangrape THE GOD OF THE ONE KINGDOM OF GOD, and serve two masters worshipping as it were two gods, practicing IDOLATRY--verse 13 hating the Father of "the Kingdom of My Father" as you "despise" the Son of "the Kingdom of His Dear Son" --verse 14.

4. "Ye cannot serve God and mammon" says Jesus. "Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts." The Kingdom of God is not DIVIDED against itself like the kingdom of darkness and the devil's is. Since the Law and the Prophets until John The Same God of the UNINFILTRATED BY EVERY MAN same Kingdom of God is preached IN THE SCRIPTURES UNCONTAMINATED AND UNADULTERATED BY MEN "highly esteemed among men" who are "adulterers" in fact and an "abomination in the sight of God".
Jesus' WORD concerning such men who divorce the Husband from his only spouse the true Church of the Living God is final: "17 Indeed it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail."
O adulterers who while divorcee yourselves marry adulteresses.

Note that Jesus defined making void the Law Covenant of the God and Father of Jesus Christ as "serving two gods-masters", transgression of the First and Second Commandments, and note that Jesus identified such IDOLATRY with ADULTERY - which in both Old and New Testaments is unambiguously defined as and identified with "FORNICATION".
Third, note that JESUS used the specific word "RAPE" for the FORCING with bestial lust asunder the LAW AND THE PROPHETS UNTIL AND INCLUDING JOHN, AND THE KINGDOM OF GOD as though they are opposites, the Law and Prophets an EVIL DESTRUCTIVE FORCE and the New supposedly another, benevolent and saving power.
Jesus Christ through the Spirit of God the Father SPOKE Luke 16 (and Matthew 11 for example) NOT I! I have said nothing than what Scripture says and you are just going on lying, accusing me of having pretended to present real Scripture... while it is YOU who PRETEND YOU HAVE SCRIPTURE, IT IS YOU WHO JUST PRETEND AND DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE SCRIPTURE --- BLUFFER.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Who, other than Sunday worshippers have said and here and now today like YOU insisting, say, <Big Boy Johnson said: ... the Law of Moses was Spoken to Jews living in Israel... not given to Christians to Whom [it is] applicable>

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
<the Law of Moses was Spoken> Did it speak itself? Why do you not say GOD spoke the Law of Moses? You don't because you know GOD who spoke the Law, is Christ.

<the Law of Moses was Spoken> is a LIE. There is no such thing in the Bible as 'the law of Moses' or 'the law Moses spoke'. Moses spoke no Law, what spoke the Law of God, you blasphemer!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GerhardEbersoehn Hey! I understand you are frustrated but the way you talk to non Sabbath keepers is pretty bad.
You need to chill. I'm a sabbatarian, too, BTW and it can be frustrating but the words you use to describe unbelief--wow!

Reactions: Spyder

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hey! I understand you are frustrated but the way you talk to non Sabbath keepers is pretty bad.
You need to chill. I'm a sabbatarian, too, BTW and it can be frustrating but the words you use to describe unbelief--wow!
I am not talking to non Sabbath keepers. I couldn't care less whether one is a Sunday or Sabbath keeper. I have one concern, whether Scripture is presented faithfully or deceitfully. And that will be my answer to you as well. The words used to describe unbelief ARE NOT MINE. GET IT! The words used are words of Scripture from the RELEVANT Scripture in this case, Luke 16:16 and context, words RECORDED AS SPOKEN BY JESUS CHRIST. Not my words!

At least the KJV publishers had the decency to INDICATE the word 'were' in italics to show it is not Jesus' word, but a word the translators inserted. Now I showed the correct -- literal -- translation through the process placed here before the readers' eyes, which is the literal and real meaning of every word in the relevant Scripture and is necessary for the sake of the TRUTH of it.
Therefore I give you the real, true and faithful words of JESUS, again, unashamed and fearless, here:
Luke 16
13No servant can serve two masters:
13 Οὐδεὶς οἰκέτης δύναται δυσὶ κυρίοις δουλεύειν·

for either he will hate the one, and love the other;
ἢ γὰρ τὸν ἕνα μισήσει καὶ τὸν ἕτερον ἀγαπήσει,

or else he will hold to the one, and despise (βιάζεται) the other.
ἢ ἑνὸς ἀνθέξεται καὶ τοῦ ἑτέρου καταφρονήσει.

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
οὐ δύνασθε Θεῷ δουλεύειν καὶ μαμωνᾷ.

14 And the Pharisees also heard all these things,
14 Ἤκουον δὲ ταῦτα πάντα οἱ Φαρισαῖοι

who were covetous, and they derided (βιάζεται) him.
φιλάργυροι ὑπάρχοντες, καὶ ἐξεμυκτήριζον αὐτόν.

15And He said unto them, Ye are they which
15 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ὑμεῖς ἐστε οἱ

justify yourselves before men;
δικαιοῦντες ἑαυτοὺς ἐνώπιον τῶν ἀνθρώπων,

but God knoweth your hearts:
ὁ δὲ Θεὸς γινώσκει τὰς καρδίας ὑμῶν·

for that which is highly esteemed among men
ὅτι τὸ ἐν ἀνθρώποις ὑψηλὸν

is abomination in the sight of God.
βδέλυγμα ἐνώπιον τοῦ Θεοῦ.

16 The kingdom of God being preached
16 ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ Θεοῦ εὐαγγελίζεται

ever since the law and the prophets until John,
ἀπὸ τότε ὁ νόμος καὶ οἱ προφῆται μέχρι Ἰωάνου·

every man indeed forces himself upon it, abusing it (the Kingdom of God).

καὶ πᾶς εἰς αὐτὴν βιάζεται (ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ Θεοῦ).

17 Indeed it is easier for heaven and earth to pass,
17 εὐκοπώτερον δέ ἐστιν τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὴν γῆν παρελθεῖν

than one tittle of the law to fail.
ἢ τοῦ νόμου μίαν κεραίαν πεσεῖν.

18Who divorces (βιάζεται) his wife and marries another commits adultery (βιάζεται)
18 Πᾶς ὁ ἀπολύων τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ καὶ γαμῶν ἑτέραν μοιχεύει,

and who marries a divorced (βιάζεται) commits adultery / fornication. (βιάζεται)
καὶ ὁ ἀπολελυμένην ἀπὸ ἀνδρὸς γαμῶν μοιχεύει.

You white washed graves! The 'forceful impregnation', 'rape', or tearing apart (βιάζεται) is of the Kingdom of God and of the God of the Kingdom and of His Law and prophets and Everlasting NEW Covenant of Salvation by Grace alone. Christ has ALWAYS been the ONLY Saviour and ONLY WAY of and to salvation.
Stop giving me this crap: <
Big Boy Johnson said: Spoken to Jews living in Israel... to Whom the Law of Moses was given to Not applicable to Christians

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In the beginning” at the creation of the world and man, God revealed Himself as ‘Elohim’, “Almighty” Creator. Genesis 1.

But Genesis 2 starts, “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished.” Throughout, chapter 2 explains how, the creation of everything and of man in particular was but the preparation, for “How the heavens and the earth were finished”—“finished” with the Redemption of man eventually by Elohim Yahweh, Mighty God I AM, in chapter 3.

For the first time the Name of “I AM”, ‘Yahweh’, appears in the beginnings of God’s Revelation of his love and grace by Christ Jesus who is “the Kingdom of God since the Law and the Prophets until John preached” at the creation as written, in Genesis 1, 2 and 3.

Here in Genesis 1 to 3, “the Kingdom of God with evil intent ENTERED and with FORCE DIVIDED to DESTROY” is the first time “since the Law and Prophets until John” had been “preached”, in Holy Scripture written of. This same Kingdom of God is in Luke 16 and Matthew 11 preached by its Founder, Christ Jesus, “Finisher and Author of our Faith”. The crux and essence of both these Scriptures is: That the Continuity and Unity of God’s One, Eternal, unrepeatable and impossible to imitate Covenant and Kingdom of Faithfulness, Grace and Love, Redemption and Salvation in Christ Jesus, IS IMPENETRABLE, UNBRAKEABLE, UNCONTAMMITABLE, ETERNALLY PURE AND UNBLEMISHED THE KINGDOM OF GOD I AM THE MIGHTY ONE.

Meaning: Dispensationalists who claim another, ‘new’, covenant than the covenant they claim was the ‘old covenant’ that was preached since the Law and Prophets until John, are Antichrist.

And herewith let it be understood the dispensationalists’ old and new covenants opposites are of the essence of the Islam Antichrist’s Sixth Day sanctity, which has it that Adam and Eve were DRIVEN OUT of the Garden of Eden on the Sixth Day of the week the day of their creation and fall before the Seventh Day Sabbath, SO THAT Yahweh’s call of mercy and salvation after their fall fell on deaf ears and just as well could not have gone out from the Mouth of the LORD in the evening cool of day, as were it the end of grace and redemption for the sinners on that fateful fatal Friday before, and God had not Finished or Blessed or Hallowed or RESTED on the Seventh Day from all His Works He had made beginning with from the First Day of creation week.

Last edited:

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have issues with dispensationalists, myself. I don't know that I would take the position that you have, however.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have issues with dispensationalists, myself. I don't know that I would take the position that you have, however.
The above by far is not all.
I watched a video of a sermon given by a "Reformed Protestant" preacher. His hour or so long sermon was about 'Sunday --' the number I do not remember now, but it was about Song in the Church. I have never heard LEGALISM preached like in this sermon on Song in the Body of Christ. It disturbed me to the bone. Nevertheless, while this preacher carried on as if he is God speaking, ... o yes, let me first say, it was while he made the authoritarian claim that The Confession - the Heidelberg Catechism - "never refers back to Scripture", but is the "final arbiter of Scripture", that something in the video caught my eye. Now this was a "Reformed Protestant" church building, and so was the podium "reformed protestant" and only bare, black and rough bricks --- no cross, no impuissant podium: no SECOND COMMANDMENT transgressing forbidden IMAGES, as this preacher also in so many words preached against. So the thing I saw in the video screen above the podium was so much more conspicuous. I watched this video just the other day while I was busy with this forum conversation over Luke 16:16 vis a vis Sunday worshippers' and "every man's abusing of the Kingdom of God".
What I saw was the 'DOVE' supposed to be the Holy Spirit of God in the unmistakable form of a devil's spear DRIVING DOWN INTO and FORCING IN TWAIN the supposed to be symbolized Womb of the Holy Virgin, as generally used in Reformed Protestant churches, hung above the podium as symbol for the SWORD AND POWER OF THE WORD of God the Holy Scriptures.
And it struck me like lightning, it is the precise identical sign of or symbol for ISLAM AS WELL AS PAPAL ROMAN CATHOLIC VIOLENCE AND POWER.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spyder

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are definitely a cultist that will at some point be tempted by satan to go shoot up one of those churches that meets on Sunday and whack a bunch of evil "sunday worshipers" as those they actually worship the day of sunday like your cult worships the day of saturday

You speak just like the muslims guys do when they become terrorists!

Local law enforcement in your area should be alerted. I'm sure homeland security can track you down and keep and eye on you. Somebody certainly needs to.
15And he said unto them, Ye are they which
15 καὶ εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ὑμεῖς ἐστε οἱ

justify yourselves before men;
δικαιοῦντες ἑαυτοὺς ἐνώπιον τῶν ἀνθρώπων,

but God knoweth your hearts:
ὁ δὲ Θεὸς γινώσκει τὰς καρδίας ὑμῶν·

for that which is highly esteemed among men
ὅτι τὸ ἐν ἀνθρώποις ὑψηλὸν

is abomination in the sight of God.
βδέλυγμα ἐνώπιον τοῦ Θεοῦ.

16 The-law-and-the-prophets-*were until-John,
16 Ὁ-νόμος-καὶ-οἱ-προφῆται-μέχρι-Ἰωάνου

since then:
the kingdom of God is preached,
ἀπὸ τότε· ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ Θεοῦ εὐαγγελίζεται

and every man presseth into it causing division.
καὶ πᾶς εἰς αὐτὴν βιάζεται.

17 Indeed it is easier for heaven and earth to pass,
17 εὐκοπώτερον δέ ἐστιν τὸν οὐρανὸν καὶ τὴν γῆν παρελθεῖν

than one tittle of the law to fail.
ἢ τοῦ νόμου μίαν κεραίαν πεσεῖν.

18Who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery
18 Πᾶς ὁ ἀπολύων τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ καὶ γαμῶν ἑτέραν μοιχεύει,

and who marries a divorced commits adultery.
καὶ ὁ ἀπολελυμένην ἀπὸ ἀνδρὸς γαμῶν μοιχεύει.

No wonder Scripture calls you Roman Catholics the trampling down dragon a-whoring rampaging beast

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GerhardEbersoehn Hey! I understand you are frustrated but the way you talk to non Sabbath keepers is pretty bad.
We had to remove him or restrict him from some of our forums if I remember, as its just not Christian like to say the least.

Reactions: Cassandra

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No wonder Scripture calls you roman catholics the trampling down dragon a-whoring rampaging beast
laughing2.gif
I'm so far apart from the catholic cult... one could not get further!

Further proof you don't know what you are talking about.

One cannot be saved following Saturday sabbath as going to church on Saturday
does not make one righteous before the Lord as the SDA peoples suppose.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41993
I'm so far apart from the catholic cult... one could not get further!

Further proof you don't know what you are talking about.

One cannot be saved following Saturday sabbath as going to church on Saturday
does not make one righteous before the Lord as the SDA peoples suppose.
Thats a given, but its nice to have something in common with head of the banquet who gives you the robe to wear...

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats a given, but its nice to have something in common with head of the banquet who gives you the robe to wear...

And, according to the SDA peoples, one can only get a robe by attending church on Saturday and believing in annihilationism and idolizing Ellen G White... all others go to hell. clueless-doh.gif

beam_in_eye3.gif