Does Christ repeat the Sabbath commandment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we shall ask Him when we get there......

Those that believe salvation can only be found by going to church on Saturday... ain't gonna be there as this is idolatry

It's similar to some of the church of Christ people believing all one must do to be saved is... get dunked in water somewhere

Some within their ranks are not born again walking with the Lord, but they think they are saved cause they got dunked

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And, according to the SDA peoples, one can only get a robe by attending church on Saturday and believing in annihilationism and idolizing Ellen G White... all others go to hell.
clueless-doh.gif
If I say shame I'd lie

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's sad to see people who don't even know the difference between the old covenant and the new covenant
I challenged you how many times to SHOW <the old covenant> of the Bible or of GOD in or from the BIBLE. You never could which is not sad but good because all you do is PROVE YOURSELF THE SAD, BAD, LIAR YOU ARE.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm so far apart from the catholic cult... one could not get further!
Big Boy Johnson said:

I see you've been reading the Book of Speculation again

Pentecost (also called Whit Sunday, Whitsunday or Whitsun) is a Christian holiday which takes place on the 50th day (the seventh Sunday) after Passover Sunday. It commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Virgin Mary and the Apostles of Jesus Christ while they were in Jerusalem celebrating the Feast of Weeks, as described in the Acts of the Apostles (Acts 2:1–31)
According to the Old Testament, you would go to the day of the celebration of Firstfruits, and beginning with that day, you would count off 50 days. The fiftieth day would be the Day of Pentecost. So Firstfruits is the beginning of the barley harvest and Pentecost the celebration of the beginning of the wheat harvest. Since it was always 50 days after Firstfruits, and since 49 days equals seven weeks, it always came a "week of weeks" later.

Add bookmark

CGE:
But you claim <Does Christ repeat the Sabbath commandment? I'm so far apart from the catholic cult... one could not get further!>
GOD SEES

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More and more of the Saturday peoples are going off the rails and
are teaching that all that do not agree with them are not saved.
Well, it is a good thing that our final home is not up to anyone walking the Earth now.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does Christ repeat the Sabbath commandment?​

Yes, He addresses it.

In a short passage in Mark 2, an accusation was made against His disciples regarding breaking the Sabbath. Jesus judgment in the matter was -

The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

To summarize, He upheld the Sabbath commandment... but not the strict legal observance of it that Pharisees (both ancient and modern) want to enforce on others.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, He addresses it.

WHERE did he say Christians are required to keep Saturday sabbath?

He does not teach that, and did not teach that thru His Apostles either.

There is a far better sabbath provided to God's people under the New Covenant.

Here's what the sabbath looks like under the New Covenant....

Hebrews 4:1-11
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHERE did he say Christians are required to keep Saturday sabbath?

He does not teach that, and did not teach that thru His Apostles either.
Why are you asking me to defend a claim that I didn't make? Maybe read my post all the way to the end...
Me: To summarize, He upheld the Sabbath commandment... but not the strict legal observance of it that Pharisees (both ancient and modern) want to enforce on others.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you asking me to defend a claim that I didn't make? Maybe read my post all the way to the end...

Lots of folks here claim in error that Christians are required to observe Saturday sabbath

If you don't specifically say Christians are not required to observe Saturday sabbath, then you are not making your position clear.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of folks here claim in error that Christians are required to observe Saturday sabbath
"Required" and "observe" are not words that I would typically associate with getting a day off from work. :sweatsmile:

I would claim that we "get" to "rest" a day each week. Two days, for most of us, although one of them is often consumed with yard work.
If you don't specifically say Christians are not required to observe Saturday sabbath, then you are not making your position clear.
If I don't adopt erroneous nomenclature to match that of the people around me, they won't understand? I'm okay with that.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Required" and "observe" are not words that I would typically associate with getting a day off from work. :sweatsmile:

I would claim that we "get" to "rest" a day each week. Two days, for most of us, although one of them is often consumed with yard work.

That's not even close to what the Saturday peoples claim disagree.gif

They claim one cannot be in right standing with the Lord if they do not observe Saturday sabbath as they claim one's salvation depends on this.