Does God care more for himself than he cares for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I feel like 100% of what God wants to communicate will be done by revelation from God, concerning ‘whatever’ is written.

How many pages/ stones did it take GOD, to with “the FINGER OF GOD”, 10 commandments that lasted 1500 years? ;)
Well, I was afraid that if I said less than three typed pages, someone would say "OK, smartass, let's see you do it!"

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading, in the 'Concordant Literal Translation' Appendix concerning 'Figures of Speech'. Which was something I thought I knew a little about.....Oh my...how little I did understood is becoming very apparent. I am on page 4 of 15 pages on FIGURES OF SPEECH. The second paragraph of page one says "It is startling to realize that much of God's Word is not literally true." At page 4 I'm seeing just what they're saying. Interesting for sure. :IDK:
That would make an interesting topic. (hint, hint)

/ cc: @Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I 'THINK' there was a recent thread as to whether 'the WHOLE BOOK' was the infallible , inerrant, straight from the mouth of God, inspired, word for word...."WORD of GOD". Or something to that effect. So now does 20% really make a ripple in the water? :hmhehm
The Scriptures are a record. Jesus is the Word of God. Keeping this clear in our understanding will ease confusion.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures are a record. Jesus is the Word of God. Keeping this clear in our understanding will ease confusion.
Agree.

But I would say...
Jesus is the Word of God made flesh.
The Logos/logic/idea/reason was God and was with God.
The Logos BECAME flesh.

Sorry, I'm nitpicking.
And... not everyone sees it the way I do.
Which is fine...

John 1:14 NRSVue
And the Word became flesh and lived among us,
and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son,[a]
full of grace and truth.

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would make an interesting topic. (hint, hint)

/ cc: @Lambano
I don't have enough command of this to do anything IMO. o_O I will say/type this, from page 2 of the topic in the BOOK; "Of the vast importance of figure of speech in interpretation, there can be no question. In the Reformation a single metaphor, "this is My body," led to conflicts and divisions which would never have arisen if there had been even an elementary knowledge of figurative language.....When figure is recognized, the conflict vanishes."

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking of a 'FIGURE OF SPEECH', mentioned in the book; I thought Jesus was the LIGHT of the world.

JOH 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Now I find He is just the biggest Maglight, sitting next to my 'religious geography' book. :hmhehm

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have enough command of this to do anything IMO. o_O
Here's a step by step, if you want to brave the wilds of topic creation at some point.
1) Decide what the topic should be about and collect your materials. (content)
2) Choose the appropriate forum area.
3) Click the1711889790924.png
button in the upper right page top.
4) Fill in the topic title in the space provided. (you can edit it later if need be)
5) A list will pop up with the title: Is this already being discussed?
6) Consider whether your topic is already over-discussed.
7) Click the x in the far right of that list window to get rid of it.
8) Write your Opening Post (OP) text in post #1.
9) Hit the Post Thread button at the bottom of the page to publish.
1711890332485.png

You can enter key words and other data at the bottom if you wish.

Don't forget to cc me on the topic. - LOL

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a step by step, if you want to brave the wilds of topic creation at some point.
1) Decide what the topic should be about and collect your materials. (content)
2) Choose the appropriate forum area.
3) Click theView attachment 43924
button in the upper right page top.
4) Fill in the topic title in the space provided. (you can edit it later if need be)
5) A list will pop up with the title: Is this already being discussed?
6) Consider whether your topic is already over-discussed.
7) Click the x in the far right of that list window to get rid of it.
8) Write your Opening Post (OP) text in post #1.
9) Hit the Post Thread button at the bottom of the page to publish.
View attachment 43926

You can enter key words and other data at the bottom if you wish.

Don't forget to cc me on the topic. - LOL

/
I wasn’t referring to the ‘mechanics’ of a thread, although you are right about that too. I have never started a thread on any of the Christian forums. But even the content of the subject I mentioned is a weak one for me. So please feel free to do what you are so good at with my blessing Steve. :vgood: