Does God heal today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 1
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Proverbs 1
7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
I am guessing we are done and you have no reply. I really dont see any point talking with you You never answard any of my question. I absoloutly answered all of your with no reply. So Your done and have nothing to reply with. But still stay defiant. and thats is what Christ called willfully ignorant.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absoloutly answered all of your with no reply.
Actually you didn't, but I really don't care anymore. I made the mistake of believing you were adult enough to carry on a polite conversation and that maybe we could learn a thing or two. As they say iron sharpens iron. But I can see there will be none of that here.

Oh well...

P.S. You should have your mom show you how to use Spellcheck.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually you didn't, but I really don't care anymore. I made the mistake of believing you were adult enough to carry on a polite conversation and that maybe we could learn a thing or two. As they say iron sharpens iron. But I can see there will be none of that here.

Oh well...

P.S. You should have your mom show you how to use Spellcheck.

You accused me of being rude. and now my spelling is a problem for you. I already compliand to the admins here because of another guy who had a problem with dyslexia. ANd now you have a problem with dyslexia? You think its mature and adult to laugh at another mans spelling errors. You really think that is a mature Christian thing to do? and you are 6o years old. How many time have I seen this same cycle. You cant beat me with scripture so you get personal and try amnd ridicule me for my spelling?. Man it is quite dissapointing the way people react when the cant contrabute to a debate without getting so low. Please dont go down this road. I love you and want you to have what I have. But teaching here is like walking in treacle. I am not offended at you. I would cut your grass tomorow as if nothing happened. You must at some point look back at all I said and realise I am not telling lies. One thing is for sure. we will all be there together and as Christ is wiping away all the tears there will be many tears of regret and having done nothing that will go through the fire. Some people will be only them and nothing but grace, no works nothing to sahow for a life time of so called serveing and following and nothing to show for it. If your mond set does not change you will be left with nothing but tears Christ will be wiping away for you. Man that is gonna hurt.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually you didn't, but I really don't care anymore. I made the mistake of believing you were adult enough to carry on a polite conversation and that maybe we could learn a thing or two. As they say iron sharpens iron. But I can see there will be none of that here .

Please take a little time and tell me what I never answerd. I most certainly answerd a lot more of yours than you did mine.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You accused me of being rude. and now my spelling is a problem for you. I already compliand to the admins here because of another guy who had a problem with dyslexia. ANd now you have a problem with dyslexia? You think its mature and adult to laugh at another mans spelling errors. You really think that is a mature Christian thing to do? and you are 6o years old. How many time have I seen this same cycle. You cant beat me with scripture so you get personal and try amnd ridicule me for my spelling?. Man it is quite dissapointing the way people react when the cant contrabute to a debate without getting so low. Please dont go down this road. I love you and want you to have what I have. But teaching here is like walking in treacle. I am not offended at you. I would cut your grass tomorow as if nothing happened. You must at some point look back at all I said and realise I am not telling lies. One thing is for sure. we will all be there together and as Christ is wiping away all the tears there will be many tears of regret and having done nothing that will go through the fire. Some people will be only them and nothing but grace, no works nothing to sahow for a life time of so called serveing and following and nothing to show for it. If your mond set does not change you will be left with nothing but tears Christ will be wiping away for you. Man that is gonna hurt.
Thank you for the condemnation. You're not the 1st person to tell me I was going to burn in hell. As a matter of fact, I just might.
And if you don't want people hassling you about your learning disability, maybe you should let people know you have one.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please take a little time and tell me what I never answerd. I most certainly answerd a lot more of yours than you did mine.
I say we call it a day. It's not worth the grief.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I say we call it a day. It's not worth the grief.
Are you grieving. I am perfectly happy I love talking truth. I will never stop talking about him.

Ps you never yet backed up all the false accusations you made against me. are you going to back them up with quotes? or were you telling lies against a brother?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you grieving. I am perfectly happy I love talking truth. I will never stop talking about him.

Ps you never yet backed up all the false accusations you made against me. are you going to back them up with quotes? or were you telling lies against a brother?
Let's have a debate on idolatry. Just me and you. We'll discuss that image of Jesus you have. The one that's forbidden. The one that God sees as an abomination.

What do you say? Just me and you.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let's have a debate on idolatry. Just me and you. We'll discuss that image of Jesus you have. The one that's forbidden. The one that God sees as an abomination.

What do you say? Just me and you.
Look you lost the last two and ran away you have no scripture and you resorted to ridiculke. Grow up and move on. You only want a one way conversation . You cant handle getting told. were done man.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look you lost the last two and ran away you have no scripture and you resorted to ridiculke. Grow up and move on. You only want a one way conversation . You cant handle getting told. were done man.
Ok.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
healing is a gift for everyone. Its bought and paid for.
james even says if you are sick ( Because you shouldnt be) call the elders.

Sorry, but this is simply wrong.
First, you are misquoting James. He does NOT say, "IF you are sick..." The word 'if' is simply not there in the sentence. So there is no implication that Christians should not be sick.
Secondly, you are taking it out of context. This is what James actually says:
"Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you ill? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord." (James 5:13,14)

If you want to interpret this to mean that Christians should never be sick, then it must also mean that Christians should never be in trouble, or happy!

And notice that James evidently doesn't subscribe to the idea that all believers should be laying hands on the sick. He doesn't tell us to call any old church member, but specifically the elders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Job and tabletalk

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello deborah long time no see. I am still waiting on an answer to my last post.

Apr 24, 2017 #19 https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/the-gift-of-tongues.23121/#post-292513

I asked you to address it when you were hear last . and I would like to give you a little reminder thank you. The good thing about here Deborah. Is you wont be able to shut me down or delte the posts that you dont like. The way you do in your blog. So before I go about explaining this I would like to close the other little problem we have. Hard to believ "If" or "is" is a problem. same thing. but in due coarse thank you.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello deborah long time no see. I am still waiting on an answer to my last post.

Apr 24, 2017 #19 https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/the-gift-of-tongues.23121/#post-292513

I asked you to address it when you were hear last . and I would like to give you a little reminder thank you. The good thing about here Deborah. Is you wont be able to shut me down or delte the posts that you dont like. The way you do in your blog. So before I go about explaining this I would like to close the other little problem we have. Hard to believ "If" or "is" is a problem. same thing. but in due coarse thank you.
Thankyou for the reminder - it was so long ago that I had forgotten where it was. I've done my best to answer your questions in that thread, but there were two that I couldn't work out.

Hard to believ "If" or "is" is a problem. same thing.

Well no, they aren't the same thing. Little words can make a very big difference to the meaning.