Does God judge generations, individuals, or both?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does God judge generations, individuals, or both?

"The Wages of Sin is Death!"

"The soul ( not souls) that sins will die."

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Wynona

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end, all mankind who died in Adam (that's everyone) will be made alive "in Christ":

1Cor 15:22 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

This is the true Gospel that should be taught to the world.

Joe
I beg to differ!

You have to qualify the word "ALL" before you can understand the verse.

We know that the first word "all" means "each and every," but the second word "all" cannot mean the same!

Imagine if the second word "all" means "each and every," then it would rightly be so that everyone will be made alive and no one will go to hell. But Scripture tells us that hell will heavily be populated.

To God Be The Glory

• Wow
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ!

We know that the first word "all" means "each and every," but the second word "all" cannot mean the same!

Imagine if the second word "all" means "each and every," then it would rightly be so that everyone will be made alive and no one will go to hell. But Scripture tells us that hell will heavily be populated.

To God Be The Glory

Hello JunChosen,

I believe that scripture could relate to the fact that all people good or bad will be resurrected because of his victory over sin for them. Whether or not they choose to live for God or not, they will still be resurrected and given their reward based on their choices, there will be a resurrection of condemnation, there is a resurrection of life, and there is a resurrection that is better than the first which if of life, and is of the dead (exanastasis.) I could be wrong but it is just an observation.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I beg to differ!

To God Be The Glory
You are trying to qualify 'all' by a factor other than 'all' JunChosen. Is this wise? Is it wise to determine a meaning by one's own goal posts? Could one's own goal posts be misplaced?

When Jesus said, 'Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.' John 5:28-30
Did he not mean that 'all' is everyone? I think he did.

One's understanding of hell and of death require revisiting instead of turning language/ intent to mean that which it doesn't.

Reactions: MatthewG

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello JunChosen,

I believe that scripture could relate to the fact that all people good or bad will be resurrected because of his victory over sin for them
Indeed, people will be resurrected on the last day NOT BECAUSE Jesus was victorious over sin, but because the unsaved, who is a sinner, must give account for his sins!!!

On the other hand, the saved do not come under condemnation because Christ paid for all of their sins (Romans 8:1, Matthew 1:32).
Whether or not they choose to live for God or not, they will still be resurrected and given their reward based on their choices, there will be a resurrection of condemnation, there is a resurrection of life, and there is a resurrection that is better than the first which if of life, and is of the dead (exanastasis.) I could be wrong but it is just an observation.
You are surely mistaken. Your knowledge of Salvation depends on people choosing for God or not, (and this is the Gospel you follow???) yet Jesus said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...." John 15:16.

God is the giver of life NEVER man!!!

Also read Romans 3:10 -11,

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to qualify 'all' by a factor other than 'all' Jun/Chosen.
Not at all (oops,) pardon the pun. "All" means "all," except the second part in 1 Corinthians 15:22 is not the same as the first part, that is "As in Adam all die. even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

When Jesus said, 'Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.' John 5:28-30
English is my second language but I understand very well what is written
1 Corinthians 15:22 as well as above for I have a very good Teacher specially in Spiritual things.

But note* in John 5 the word "all" does not really mean "everyone" either for they are broken in two: "those who have done good, to the resurrection of life;" and "those who have done evil to the resurrection of condemnation."
The same principle that shines in 1 Corinthians 15:22. DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS IS SO? BECAUSE THE BIBLE IS ONE COHESIVE WHOLE

One's understanding of hell and of death require revisiting instead of turning language/ intent to mean that which it doesn't.
What is your take of the above?

To God Be The Glory

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Miz KJV Only

Not at all (oops,) pardon the pun. "All" means "all," except the second part in 1 Corinthians 15:22 is not the same as the first part, that is "As in Adam all die. even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

English is my second language but I understand very well what is written
1 Corinthians 15:22 as well as above for I have a very good Teacher specially in Spiritual things.

But note* in John 5 the word "all" does not really mean "everyone" either for they are broken in two: "those who have done good, to the resurrection of life;" and "those who have done evil to the resurrection of condemnation."
The same principle that shines in 1 Corinthians 15:22. DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS IS SO? BECAUSE THE BIBLE IS ONE COHESIVE WHOLE

What is your take of the above?

To God Be The Glory
I conclude that 'all' means all. For example, Paul presents the case for this in Romans 5. Between verses 6-10 the idea is mentioned 3 times and between verses 15-19 it is clarified 5 times just so we don't mistake what he is saying.

God has always had the Salvation of all at heart as mentioned in 1 Timothy 2:4 and again in 2 Peter 3:9.

I think it is also important that it is understood that prediction does not equal causation.....for example, I can accurately predict that you will be dead in 100 yrs but this does not mean I caused your death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, people will be resurrected on the last day NOT BECAUSE Jesus was victorious over sin, but because the unsaved, who is a sinner, must give account for his sins!!!

On the other hand, the saved do not come under condemnation because Christ paid for all of their sins (Romans 8:1, Matthew 1:32).

You are surely mistaken. Your knowledge of Salvation depends on people choosing for God or not, (and this is the Gospel you follow???) yet Jesus said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...." John 15:16.

God is the giver of life NEVER man!!!

Also read Romans 3:10 -11,

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

To God Be The Glory
Ill stand in my mistake. Thank you for your comments and insights Jun.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ill stand in my mistake. Thank you for your comments and insights Jun.
Answers like this are infuriating, Matthew. They make you appear like you are unwilling and incapable of engaging an intelligent conversation while at the same time flatter yourself you are kind and accomodating.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answers like this are infuriating, Matthew. They make you appear like you are unwilling and incapable of engaging an intelligent conversation while at the same time flatter yourself you are kind and accomodating.
Good. There is no reason to battle, with someone who already has their own subjective beliefs. That is stupidity.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good. There is no reason to battle, with someone who already has their own subjective beliefs. That is stupidity.
Why think in terms of it being a battle? Why not think in terms of it being an exchange of ways of seeing?
To believe that one's own views can't be improved on by input from others is ego outta control.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why think in terms of it being a battle? Why not think in terms of it being an exchange of ways of seeing?
To believe that one's own views can't be improved on by input from others is ego outta control.
The flesh loves a good fight, but oh how bad does it feel when you walk away from a screen that can not even really talk to you face to face like a real man, or real woman can. Therefore I agree, with that, or I disagree with that, or I stand in my own mistake, is fine for this format, Cornelius.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The flesh loves a good fight, but oh how bad does it feel when you walk away from a screen that can not even really talk to you face to face like a real man, or real woman can. Therefore I agree, with that, or I disagree with that, or I stand in my own mistake, is fine for this format, Cornelius.
That attitude Matthew, ensures I don't take what you say seriously. Why? because your ears are closed to all but your own imagining.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That attitude Matthew, ensures I don't take what you say seriously. Why? because your ears are closed to all but your own imagining.
Okay, no one should take anyone seriously on this website. Everyone should go and seek what the bible says about different subjects and not just blindly accept what man says, you can consider what man says, but do not blindly follow them without checking things out yourself. What you say is a good thing, thank you for sharing it.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ!

To God Be The Glory
Dear JunChosen,
The Doctrine of Hell is a lie from Satan who has deceived and devoured the church. The penalty of sin is death. It is not eternal torment in literal fire for all eternity as the apostate church teaches.

Also, the spirit word "fire" means Christ's judgment. It is not literal fire. When the "lost" are cast into Christ's judgment, they will eventually receive justice, mercy and faith from Christ:

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith; these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Christ is not like mankind or Satan. Christ will not omit justice, mercy and faith when He judges the lost in the final age.

Christ will give each lost person mercy by pouring out the Holy Spirit upon them, which will in turn, give them faith in Christ. With these gifts, the person will be "born again" and will rise to dwell in heaven as the Elect of this age do.

Justice will be served when the lost person's carnal spiritual nature is destroyed by Christ's judgment. It is destroyed because she (the woman) is the one who is guilty of transgressing the law:

1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

The woman is saved in child bearing because she will birth the new child of God who will give the person a new spiritual nature which is governed by the Holy Spirit.

Do you understand the spiritual symbolism Paul uses in 1Tim 2:14-15? It is based upon the symbolism taught by the persons of Adam and Eve.

ADAM + EVE = ONE FLESH

Adam represents the mind of the person and Eve represents the spiritual nature.

MIND + SPIRITUAL NATURE = ONE FLESH

Since Eve is the one who was deceived by Satan, she is the one who is in transgression. She will bear the penalty of sin which is death. But before she dies, she will give birth to a new child of God after Christ has mercy upon the lost person and gives them the free gift of the Holy Spirit.

In this way, Christ does not omit justice, mercy and faith when He judges the lost by the Law.

Have you ever considered these verses below on Christ's judgment?

Psa 9:8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Psa 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Jer 4:2 And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, IN JUDGMENT, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.

Christ's judgment is very different from the judgment of mankind (and the apostate church):

Prov 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Job 34:12 Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.

When Christ finishes judging the world, all mankind will be saved and will come unto the knowledge of the truth:

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Has Christ given you enough faith to believe what these verses above are teaching?

Christ is mankind's Savior (every man, woman and child who has ever lived). It is for this purpose that God the Father sent Christ into the world:

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

If Christ fails to save even one person, He would fail in accomplishing the "will" of His Father and that would be a sin.

Don't you realize that your beliefs are making Christ out to be a sinner?

Joe