Does God Resurrect All Human Beings? (All Scripture In Apostolic Record 40 Verses)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to everyone, hopefully this information will be useful to you if you are curious to know more about this topic.

Would like to thank you @GEN2REV for encouraging me to get the bottom of the resurrection case. God bless you friend.

Does God resurrect all human beings?

There are some doctrines out there, in which people use the Bible that makes everything Jesus had done inclusive only to believers. This has also been taught in Calvinism doctrine just for a mention of it which comes from a French man who … had someone killed who did not believe what he did … also after his departure and death there were fanatics of Calvin who formed the TULIP (locatable by a quick google search if you desire to know what that is). Through all of it, still the question still needs to be answered.

The first thing that needs to be addressed is what does resurrection mean?

anastasis

an-as'-tas-is

From G450; a standing up again, that is, (literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general or by implication (its author)), or (figuratively) a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth): - raised to life again, resurrection, rise from the dead, that should rise, rising again.​

The greek word for resurrection is (G386) Anastasis. It means to rise again, (Literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general, or by implication (it’s author) or figuratively a (moral) recovery (Of Spiritual Truth).

Throughout the Apostolic Narrative: You have Jesus talk about his own death, burial, and resurrection. Which means that after He would die, he would be buried, and God raised him again from the dead, he was raised in the physical body He died with, and was shown openly to whom God had choose to show Him too, in the narrative however there is more to discover on this topic.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the very first mention of the resurrection by Jesus which he was answering the Sadducees who did not believe in resurrection at all.

After them asking their questions he said to them:

Mat 22:23 In that day there came near to Him Sadducees, who are saying there is not a resurrection, and they questioned Him, saying,

Mat 22:28 therefore in the resurrection, of which of the seven will she be wife—for all had her?”​

Jesus response is:

Mat 22:30 for in the resurrection they do not marry, nor are they given in marriage, but are as messengers of God in Heaven.

Mat 22:31 And concerning the resurrection of the dead, did you not read that which was spoken to you by God, saying,​

According to this; There is not marriage in heaven. There is indeed a resurrection from the dead according to Jesus, as he is correcting the Sadducees. (Another instance Mark 12:18-23 - Luke 20:27-36)

Jesus in response to Pharisees on the Sabbath Day said:

(Consider the before verses) It is about humbling ones self.

Luk 14:12 And He also said to him who called Him, “When you may make an early meal or a dinner, do not be calling your friends, nor your brothers, nor your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they may also call you again, and a repayment may come to you;

Luk 14:13 but when you may make a feast, be calling poor, maimed, lame, blind,

Luk 14:14 and you will be blessed, because they have nothing to repay you, for it will be repaid to you in the resurrection of the righteous.”​

This above: Jesus talks about becoming humble, and to be kind to those who are less fortunate, and you will be blessed, and at the resurrection you will be rewarded for what you have done for the sake of Christ. Interesting notes here about rewards for those who seek to have love for God, and love for others.

Joh 5:29 and they will come forth; those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced evil things to a resurrection of judgment.​

Jesus was responding once again to the Jewish leaders of the synagogue having told them, in the particular verses about those whose hour was to come in which all that are in their graves shall hear is voice, and will come forth, those who did good things to a resurrection of life. To those who practiced evil things to a resurrection of judgement.

Thinking about this: To me I believe at the end of life, all souls return back to God, and all people are resurrected. Those who were doing good things, which to me would have been having faith, having love for God and love for others, will be given the resurrection of life. Those were practicing evil things to a resurrection of judgement. Now (this is my conjecture) I believe that all us, will end up being judged by God one day after this life, and I believe that He is going to look at the heart of all people. He will be able to tell if someone had a good heart towards the things of God, and those who chose to continue in having an evil unbelieving heart (Hebrews 3:12). - Which leads me to believe that all people are indeed resurrected from the dead. Believer or Not, that soul God gave is going back to him. He gave it to you, freely. The ultimate destination in my best estimation of what the Bible states is founded here (Revelation 22:15-16). You have to think for yourself. Are not believers justified by faith? (Romans 5:1?) Think about it that would indicate someone being just with God, having peace with him. (I believe also that Gods judgments are righteous and he is not a judge exactly like a human being is; for He is a good God).

An intimate moment with Jesus and Martha.

Joh 11:23 Jesus says to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

Joh 11:24 Martha says to Him, “I have known that he will rise again in the resurrection in the last day”;

Joh 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I AM the resurrection, and the life; he who is believing in Me, even if he may die, will live;

Joh 11:26 and everyone who is living and believing in Me will not die—throughout the age;

Joh 11:27 do you believe this?” She says to Him, “Yes, Lord, I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”​

Interesting to note here that Jesus comforts Martha about telling her brother would rise again, and she believes it to be true by her statement. Jesus goes on to say that He is the resurrection, and the life. Those who believe in Him, even if he may die, will live. This is simply just a reassurance of the promise of resurrection. Jesus would continue to teach also what He stated previously also in John 5. Everything needs to be taken as a whole collective to get a full round about picture it is difficult and time consuming but worthwhile in the end of the spectrum of seeking after God and the truths about Him and Jesus.

Act 1:22 beginning from the immersion of John, to the day in which He was received up from us, one of these to become with us a witness of His resurrection.”​

Here in Acts we see that the Apostles had see and witnessed Jesus and his resurrection.

Act 2:31 having foreseen, he spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left to Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.​

That is an interesting verse above. Christ, was in Hades, and his flesh did not see corruption, meaning he was raised in the body Jesus died in.

Act 4:2 being grieved because of their teaching the people, and preaching in Jesus the resurrection out of the dead—​

People were grieved because fo their teachings the people, and preaching in Jesus the resurrection out of the dead.

Act 4:33 And with great power the apostles were giving the testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, great grace was also on them all,​

With great power the apostles were giving the testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, great grace was also on them all.

Act 17:18 And certain of the Epicurean and of the Stoic philosophers, were meeting together to see him, and some were saying, “What would this seed picker wish to say?” And others, “He seems to be an announcer of strange demons”; because he proclaimed to them Jesus and the resurrection as good news,​

The judgement on from the people who seen and desired to know more about Paul, just deemed him as a seed picker, and that He seems to be an announcer of strange demons. All because he proclaimed to them Jesus and the resurrection as the good news.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course He does. It goes without saying. The first resurrection is for the saved, and the second resurrection is for the unsaved. And the two resurrections occur at different times and for different reasons.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 17:32 And having heard of a resurrection of the dead, some, indeed, were mocking, but others said, “We will hear you again concerning this”;​

Laughter and mocking because of the resurrections. Some desired to possibly know more desiring to hear again on the matter?

Act 23:6 and Paul having known that one part are Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, cried out in the Sanhedrin, “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee—son of a Pharisee—concerning [the] hope and resurrection of [the] dead I am judged.”​

Paul letting the Pharisees and Sadducees know that - He once being a Pharisee, even a son of a Pharisee, - concerning the hope and resurrection of the dead, Paul is now judged by others. As you can see from the previous verses.

Act 23:8 for Sadducees, indeed, say there is no resurrection, nor messenger, nor spirit, but Pharisees confess both.​

Sadducees, and Pharisees - Confess both.

Act 24:15 having hope toward God, which they themselves also wait for, [that] there is about to be a resurrection of the dead, both of righteous and unrighteous;​

Remember earlier: Those who are right with God are those who have faith in the Gospel of Christ (Jesus is the rightness of God - Romans 5:1- Romans 3:22)

Act 24:21 except concerning this one voice, in which I cried, standing among them—Concerning a resurrection of the dead I am judged by you today.”​

Judgement upon sharing resurrection of the dead.

Act 26:23 that the Christ is to suffer, whether first by a resurrection from the dead, He is about to proclaim light to the people and to the nations.

Rom 1:4 who is marked out [as the] Son of God in power, according to the Spirit of sanctification, by the resurrection from the dead—Jesus Christ our Lord;​

The introduction letter to the saints at Rome by Paul, which talks about how Jesus is the seed of David according to the flesh, who is marked out as the Son of God in power, according to the Spirit of sanctification by resurrection from the dead.

Rom 6:5 For if we have become planted together to the likeness of His death, [so] we also will be of the resurrection;​

This is where the Christian starts growing becoming rooted in Christ Jesus, dying to self, and allowing the Holy Spirit to flow more instead, it also tags along with be of the raising up: - along with rewards as mentioned in the previous verses above.

1Co 15:12 And if Christ is preached, that He has risen out of the dead, how [do] certain among you say that there is no resurrection of [the] dead?

1Co 15:13 And if there is no resurrection of [the] dead, neither has Christ risen;

1Co 15:21 for since through man [is] death, also through Man [is] a resurrection of the dead,

1Co 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead: it is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption;​

To me many people believe that they will be risen in a physical body, if you go read all of this 1 Corinthians, I believe that you can come to and understanding that the resurrection is going to be of the soul - Either in Christ, or Not In Christ. Believe or Not believer, and God will give spiritual bodies and what is pleasing to both parties. You have to think for yourself this is a light study to bring you all this information to check out.

Php 3:10 to know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Php 3:11 if anyhow I may attain to the resurrection of the dead.​

This is the special resurrection known as EXAnastasis - This seems to be different than every other resurrection we have went over. It is what is known as the ‘better resurrection’ (Hebrews 11:35)

2Ti 2:18 who swerved concerning the truth, saying the resurrection to have already been, and overthrows the faith of some;​

I believe that this pertains in context, Jesus having yet to have returned to bring forth the first resurrection. There was people out there who said it happened already in that day in age, before the return of Jesus actually happened which to me happened in 70 Ad.

Hebrews 6:1
Heb 6:2 of the teaching of immersions, also of laying on of hands, also of [the] resurrection of the dead, and of continuous judgment,

Heb 11:35 Women received their dead by a resurrection, and others were tortured, not accepting the redemption, that they might receive a better resurrection,​

No comment here; other than it seems once get a better resurrection.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed [is] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who, according to the abundance of His kindness begot us again to a living hope, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ out of the dead,​

Hope of resurrection.

1Pe 3:21 also an antitype to immersion which now saves you, not a putting away of the filth of flesh, but the question of a good conscience in regard to God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,​

Newness of spiritual life, not based on the flesh.

Rev 20:5 and the rest of the dead did not live again until the one thousand years may be completed; this [is] the first resurrection.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy—he who is having part in the first resurrection; the second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will reign with Him one thousand years.​

These are some of the more difficult passages to understand though I do not believe 1000 years is a literal thousand years just to be clear, you may that is up to you to decide.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for commenting Enoch.

I desired to share all of these verses for others who may be unsure about it.

You never know who may be out there.

Reactions: Enoch111

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to everyone, hopefully this information will be useful to you if you are curious to know more about this topic.

Would like to thank you @GEN2REV for encouraging me to get the bottom of the resurrection case. God bless you friend.

There are some doctrines out there, in which people use the Bible that makes everything Jesus had done inclusive only to believers. This has also been taught in Calvinism doctrine just for a mention of it which comes from a French man who … had someone killed who did not believe what he did … also after his departure and death there were fanatics of Calvin who formed the TULIP (locatable by a quick google search if you desire to know what that is). Through all of it, still the question still needs to be answered.

The first thing that needs to be addressed is what does resurrection mean?

anastasis

an-as'-tas-is

From G450; a standing up again, that is, (literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general or by implication (its author)), or (figuratively) a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth): - raised to life again, resurrection, rise from the dead, that should rise, rising again.​

The greek word for resurrection is (G386) Anastasis. It means to rise again, (Literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general, or by implication (it’s author) or figuratively a (moral) recovery (Of Spiritual Truth).

Throughout the Apostolic Narrative: You have Jesus talk about his own death, burial, and resurrection. Which means that after He would die, he would be buried, and God raised him again from the dead, he was raised in the physical body He died with, and was shown openly to whom God had choose to show Him too, in the narrative however there is more to discover on this topic.

The resurrection will be quite vast Matt, the Bible says hell will be emptied Rev 20:13. We are sure however that those who sinned against the holy spirit will not be resurrected, as Jesus stated rather clearly: (Mark 3:29) . . .whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever but is guilty of everlasting sin.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t say they are not resurrected. Just says they are guilty of everlasting sin. Thank you for your comment @Robert Gwin.