Does Jesus Blood Cover Unbelievers Accounts?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are right, they are the words of people inspired of God who wrote down the inspiration by the Holy Spirit. To give credit where credit is due, my friend Jim. Jesus Christ the one who did what no one else could, for the love of his Father for the love of all people.

I do not know if there are more scriptures that pertain to this specific subject, or even dealing with praying for all people and giving thankfulness for others, either way.

God is good, and thank you for all who participated here,

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked if there are scriptures that confirm Jesus death was for all human beings? Yes.
Jim, thank you for reminding me that I'm an Arminian Methodist and fully endorse 1 John 2:1-2 as incontrovertible evidence of a universal atonement. Seriously, I forgot.:D

The theologians who believe in a universal atoning sacrifice then argue about whether the effects of that sacrifice are applied to all, or only believers.

Or to ask a different question, is more than an atoning sacrifice required for salvation?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim, thank you for reminding me that I'm an Arminian Methodist and fully endorse 1 John 2:1-2 as incontrovertible evidence of a universal atonement. Seriously, I forgot.:D

The theologians who believe in a universal atoning sacrifice then argue about whether the effects of that sacrifice are applied to all, or only believers.

Or to ask a different question, is more than an atoning sacrifice required for salvation?

The way I think about is my sin was paid for before I knew it, I believed I received forgiveness and am made into a new creation from being born from above, spiritual birth.

The other view is do you believe that in Revelation Jesus overcame everything in there?

if you believe now today in Jesus and his victory over Satan, demons, hell, grave, death, and sin.

Jesus blood atonement was shed for all people to save them from all the things listed above was for all people.

Now for those who desire more of God, they can become his children and grow and mature in faith and seek God and when they die and leave this world they will be resurrected and given a spiritual body, and go be with God.

Those who didn’t care for that have a place outside the city gates of heaven, according to Revelation.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I think about is my sin was paid for before I knew it, I believed I received forgiveness and am made into a new creation from being born from above, spiritual birth.
When does the spiritual birth occur?

Does it happen to all for whom Christ died, or only some?

How can these things come to be?

Or is the answer to Nicodemus's question in here?

Now for those who desire more of God, they can become his children and grow and mature in faith and seek God and when they die and leave this world they will be resurrected and given a spiritual body, and go be with God.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano,

I decided randomly to share a subjective viewpoint. I don’t know if you may understood it or not. It’s obvious I didn’t think it through. Asking those questions do not help, me to understand you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano,

I decided randomly to share a subjective viewpoint. I don’t know if you may understood it or not. It’s obvious I didn’t think it through. Asking those questions do not help, me to understand you.
Matthew, don't worry; you did good. Your "subjective viewpoint" was an interesting non-sequitur from what I didn't at first recognize was a discussion about the extent and efficaciousness of the Atonement to observations about spiritual birth and desiring more of God and growing into children of God. You might not have intended it this way, but your observation resonated with some conversations I've had elsewhere. (Most of which, I might add, go right over my head while I flounder around down here.) How do we get from Christ's atonement to the life you were talking about? It's a question that has been rolling around in my head for a while. There's more to your "random moment" than you may consciously realize.

Anyway, you're blessed with insights that I wouldn't think of.

Last edited:

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus paid for sin, for one time and for all people. Does Jesus Blood Cover Unbelievers Accounts?

The Scriptures teach God’s love, Christ’s death and the Spirit’s work, not only the Church, but also for the entire world of mankind, salvation. We will quote and where necessary briefly explain, a few passages that prove this proposition. The Christmas message is one of these passages: “Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people; for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:10, 11). Here the birth of the Saviour is set forth as ultimately bringing joy to all people, which of course did not occur to all people in this life. Another passage: Jesus Christ “was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world” (John 1:9). Here we are expressly taught that all are to be enlightened by our Lord; nor has this been done to everyone in this life. Again, “This child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel”—Luke 2:31-34. Here those Israelites who stumbled over Christ are spoken of as to be lifted up from their stumbled condition—a work of the Holy Spirit; yet it has not been done to them in this life. Again, “Behold, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29.) Here Christ is directly spoken of as the One who will remove the Adamic sin, take away the death sentence from the race; but as yet He has not done this, though by His death He provided the merit therefore by grace Divine.

In this connection we may well quote John 3:16, 17, which has appropriately been called the Gospel in a nutshell: “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life; for God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved [from the Adamic condemnation].” Here God’s love, Christ’s death and the Spirit’s work, for salvation on behalf of the world are clearly set forth; but as yet the world has not gotten the benefit of them. In John 12:32, 33, Jesus’ death is set forth as the meritorious cause whereby all men will be favorably influenced toward Him by the Spirit; “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die”; but all have not in this life been drawn to Him. St. Paul tells us clearly in Rom. 5:18, 19 that Christ died in order to deliver the race from the condemnation unto which it was involved by Adam, and that this deliverance will be realized: “As by the offence of one [Adam] judgment [the sentence] came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [Christ] the free gift shall come [the future tense in the parallel expression of the next verse shows that the italicized word came should give place to the words shall come, seeing that the italicized word here as everywhere else in the Bible are lacking in the original Greek] upon all men unto [for the purpose of] justification of life; for as by one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners [through heredity], so by the obedience of One shall the many be made righteous [of the Adamic sin]”; but manifestly this has not yet happened to all. Very clearly does 1 Tim. 2:4-6 prove God’s love, Christ’s death and the Spirit’s work for all men unto salvation: God “will [literally, willeth to] have all men to be saved [not eternally, but from the Adamic sin and condemnation; this shows God’s love to all], and to come unto the knowledge of the Truth [this shows the Spirit’s work for all]; for there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all [this shows Christ’s death for all], to be testified [the Spirit’s work] in due times [the Greek word is plural, times or seasons, referring to the Gospel Age and the Millennial Age as the periods for giving the testimony].”

1 Tim. 4:10 calls God the Savior of all men, especially of believers: “We trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.” The faith class win the special salvation and all the others the salvation from the Adamic sin and condemnation, according to this and other passages. Titus 2:11 is to the same effect: “The grace [love] of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men” (Amer. Rev. Ver.), in His gift of Jesus for man’s salvation. Jesus’ death for all is clearly taught in Heb. 2:9, which states that Jesus was made a perfect human being like perfect Adam “that by the grace of God He should taste death for every man.” In 1 John 2:2 it is expressly taught that He is the satisfaction to Divine Justice for both the Church and the World: “He is the propitiation for our [the Church’s sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” The Spirit’s call to all mankind for salvation is expressly affirmed in Rev. 22:17: “The Spirit and the Bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.”

The above passages clearly teach the propositions: (1) God’s love for all men unto salvation; (2) Christ’s death for all men unto salvation; and (3) the Spirit’s work for all men unto salvation. They are some of the main New Testament Scriptures on this subject. But there are many Old Testament Scriptures on the same subject. We will cite some of these without quoting or commenting on them: Gen. 12:3; 18:18; 22:18; Psa. 2:8; 22:27-29; 86:9; 98:2, 3; Isa. 2:2; 11:9; 25:6; 29:18, 24; 35:5, 6, 10; 40:5; 45:22, 23; 52:10; Jer. 31:34; Ob. 21; etc., etc., etc. You'll do well to look up these Scriptures and satisfy themselves on the subject from personal investigation.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are there scriptures that confirm Jesus death was for all human beings? That his death covered all peoples sins, even unbelievers, that his death and resurrection and victory saved them from Satan, death, grave, Sheol, sin, hell, though they may not be saved to the kingdom of heaven due to lack of faith.
You are confusing two things: (1) what Christ accomplished on the cross and (2) what is necessary for a sinner to be saved.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures teach God’s love, Christ’s death and the Spirit’s work, not only the Church, but also for the entire world of mankind, salvation. We will quote and where necessary briefly explain, a few passages that prove this proposition. The Christmas message is one of these passages: “Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people; for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:10, 11). Here the birth of the Saviour is set forth as ultimately bringing joy to all people, which of course did not occur to all people in this life. Another passage: Jesus Christ “was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world” (John 1:9). Here we are expressly taught that all are to be enlightened by our Lord; nor has this been done to everyone in this life. Again, “This child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel”—Luke 2:31-34. Here those Israelites who stumbled over Christ are spoken of as to be lifted up from their stumbled condition—a work of the Holy Spirit; yet it has not been done to them in this life. Again, “Behold, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29.) Here Christ is directly spoken of as the One who will remove the Adamic sin, take away the death sentence from the race; but as yet He has not done this, though by His death He provided the merit therefore by grace Divine.

In this connection we may well quote John 3:16, 17, which has appropriately been called the Gospel in a nutshell: “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life; for God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved [from the Adamic condemnation].” Here God’s love, Christ’s death and the Spirit’s work, for salvation on behalf of the world are clearly set forth; but as yet the world has not gotten the benefit of them. In John 12:32, 33, Jesus’ death is set forth as the meritorious cause whereby all men will be favorably influenced toward Him by the Spirit; “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me. This He said, signifying what death He should die”; but all have not in this life been drawn to Him. St. Paul tells us clearly in Rom. 5:18, 19 that Christ died in order to deliver the race from the condemnation unto which it was involved by Adam, and that this deliverance will be realized: “As by the offence of one [Adam] judgment [the sentence] came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [Christ] the free gift shall come [the future tense in the parallel expression of the next verse shows that the italicized word came should give place to the words shall come, seeing that the italicized word here as everywhere else in the Bible are lacking in the original Greek] upon all men unto [for the purpose of] justification of life; for as by one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners [through heredity], so by the obedience of One shall the many be made righteous [of the Adamic sin]”; but manifestly this has not yet happened to all. Very clearly does 1 Tim. 2:4-6 prove God’s love, Christ’s death and the Spirit’s work for all men unto salvation: God “will [literally, willeth to] have all men to be saved [not eternally, but from the Adamic sin and condemnation; this shows God’s love to all], and to come unto the knowledge of the Truth [this shows the Spirit’s work for all]; for there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all [this shows Christ’s death for all], to be testified [the Spirit’s work] in due times [the Greek word is plural, times or seasons, referring to the Gospel Age and the Millennial Age as the periods for giving the testimony].”

1 Tim. 4:10 calls God the Savior of all men, especially of believers: “We trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.” The faith class win the special salvation and all the others the salvation from the Adamic sin and condemnation, according to this and other passages. Titus 2:11 is to the same effect: “The grace [love] of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men” (Amer. Rev. Ver.), in His gift of Jesus for man’s salvation. Jesus’ death for all is clearly taught in Heb. 2:9, which states that Jesus was made a perfect human being like perfect Adam “that by the grace of God He should taste death for every man.” In 1 John 2:2 it is expressly taught that He is the satisfaction to Divine Justice for both the Church and the World: “He is the propitiation for our [the Church’s sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” The Spirit’s call to all mankind for salvation is expressly affirmed in Rev. 22:17: “The Spirit and the Bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.”

The above passages clearly teach the propositions: (1) God’s love for all men unto salvation; (2) Christ’s death for all men unto salvation; and (3) the Spirit’s work for all men unto salvation. They are some of the main New Testament Scriptures on this subject. But there are many Old Testament Scriptures on the same subject. We will cite some of these without quoting or commenting on them: Gen. 12:3; 18:18; 22:18; Psa. 2:8; 22:27-29; 86:9; 98:2, 3; Isa. 2:2; 11:9; 25:6; 29:18, 24; 35:5, 6, 10; 40:5; 45:22, 23; 52:10; Jer. 31:34; Ob. 21; etc., etc., etc. You'll do well to look up these Scriptures and satisfy themselves on the subject from personal investigation.

Hello Berean,

This a little to much for me to read. Would you be able to condense it down for me into a paragraph what you are saying, please.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing two things: (1) what Christ accomplished on the cross and (2) what is necessary for a sinner to be saved.

Hello Enoch,

Will you share what you believe Christ accomplished on the cross?

What is the sinner being saved from?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Berean,

This a little to much for me to read. Would you be able to condense it down for me into a paragraph what you are saying, please.
lol...oh dear Matthew.....have another crack at it!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe he will get back to me, I don’t know.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it even possible to consider another paradigm other than that of payment in the sense of God requiring an extraction?

Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God desired to reconcile the world somehow, and he chose to send his Word to accomplish it, who died as the Lord Jesus Christ and was resurrected!

He did more than just stay on the cross!

For all life to be able to be resurrected.

It’s profound at the many ideas people have about God, hell, sin, Satan, that can come from traditions of man, or just misrepresented, or not totally factual.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus paid for sin, for one time and for all people.
Sin is believing something untrue to be true. Jesus paid for sin by being true, the way, and the life (eternal). Jesus broke the bondage of self-deception for all those who believe what he taught _ the message of salvation. Once the message is heard, then they know the Truth. That Truth will never leave them. And when the time comes to be ruthlessly honest, they will accept the Truth, accept Jesus Christ as their saviour, from their denial of the Truth, from their sin.
Only God knows what happens to unbelievers, but God will also knows if they were paid by Jesus blood.
That is why it is necessary to spread the Word of God throughout the world.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus paid the price for every sin ever committed.....even Hitler’s ,,,,,even Putin’s......why is the first guy in Hell and why is the second guy gonna join him someday ? ( soon , I hope ) One must “ cash-in’ to what has already been accomplished For him....one cashes in with Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Christ....This Saving Faith is what they lacked....They are not damned for their sins—- the Price for their Sins was fully paid ——they are damned by their Unbelief... just like everybody else that is in hell today...