Does Jesus Christ elevate our Guilt from past mistakes if we allow him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you my friend. I read book on Jews of holocaust years ago. The jews were so tormented, they couldn't get out of their minds.
A senior, former friend in 1990s. He served in ww2. He witnessed the liberation of one concentration camp in Germany.
The Jews tried to get rifles from American soldiers. They wanted payback. The Nazi's were sweating it out to see what the American soldiers would do.
Romans chapter 12, vengeance belongs to God.
I don't believe it was guilt. Retribution comes to mind. Hate can go so deep, it can lead to killing. Jesus is the judge. I'm leaving the judging with Jesus. Take care.
All for the best, strepho. Yes, vengeance belongs to God, best to let him judge. I believe a lot of pride does have to do with the puffing up of the flesh, and the heart can become more hardened over time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me personally, I do believe that guilt starts to be alleviated as you come to know and grow in the Lord. Knowing that he does forgive you for your sins and the more you know this, when you do fail and lose your "religion" as some may say - you can understand and be able to pinpoint what was the issue and ask God to help you to work on it, and continue to walk more in faith, by the spirit rather than the flesh, and it's important to understand the Father, who prunes us back, as one abides in the Lord Yeshua.

(John 15)

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said this about those who are born again

Your sins i will no more remember, they are as far as the east is from the west.
This is the key right here. As far as Christ is concerned, they're forgiven and forgotten. Satan, however, will use anything he can to drive a wedge between us and Christ and place a stumbling block in our path -- and dredging up guilt over old sins is right in his wheelhouse.
IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, SATAN BEGONE!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the key right here. As far as Christ is concerned, they're forgiven and forgotten. Satan, however, will use anything he can to drive a wedge between us and Christ and place a stumbling block in our path -- and dredging up guilt over old sins is right in his wheelhouse.
People can be in the attitude of the spirit of ol Ha’Satan sometimes; they can accuse you of something you did in the past, and bring it up again. You yourself can do it to your own self by your own thoughts within your soul, but Eg did make a great point.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

There must be something though that does help with going to Yahava and confessing our faults not to keep us on the hamster wheel of repentance however something where you and Yahava are working together to keep help you by the spirit to have joy, peace, and things like that as well.

Luke 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Jesus states here about going to the Father and asking him for help by the spirit.

1 John 1:9-10If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Thank you for your comment Jim, and Eg.

Reactions: Jim C

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, He wants to hold us under bondage

Reactions: Jim C