Does Jesus Christ elevate our Guilt from past mistakes if we allow him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Link Directive - All considerable information for the benefit of skeptics, believers, or unbelievers. Keep growing and maturing, look at the scriptures and seek truth, and may the spirit guide.

While we understand that our own actions lead down a road which can hurt not only oneself, but others, along the way.

Do you believe that God is still punish you for the decisions you have made?

Do you believe that God can elevate that through Christ knowing that you are forgiven for what you have done, and that now though you may have done bad things to others, or even yourself.

You can find that Jesus Christ - taking on your sins all of them - he can make things right for other peoples lives, he changed your life did he not?

When your heart was changed?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is something from the time of Herod,

Herod’s Confusion​

7 When Herod Antipas, the ruler of Galilee,[a] heard about everything Jesus was doing, he was puzzled. Some were saying that John the Baptist had been raised from the dead. 8 Others thought Jesus was Elijah or one of the other prophets risen from the dead.

9 “I beheaded John,” Herod said, “so who is this man about whom I hear such stories?” And he kept trying to see him.

Jesus Feeds Five Thousand​

10 When the apostles returned, they told Jesus everything they had done. Then he slipped quietly away with them toward the town of Bethsaida. 11 But the crowds found out where he was going, and they followed him. He welcomed them and taught them about the Kingdom of God, and he healed those who were sick.

12 Late in the afternoon the twelve disciples came to him and said, “Send the crowds away to the nearby villages and farms, so they can find food and lodging for the night. There is nothing to eat here in this remote place.”

13 But Jesus said, “You feed them.”

“But we have only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered. “Or are you expecting us to go and buy enough food for this whole crowd?” 14 For there were about 5,000 men there.

Jesus replied, “Tell them to sit down in groups of about fifty each.” 15 So the people all sat down. 16 Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread and fish to the disciples so they could distribute it to the people. 17 They all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers!

Peter’s Declaration about Jesus​

18 One day Jesus left the crowds to pray alone. Only his disciples were with him, and he asked them, “Who do people say I am?”

19 “Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other ancient prophets risen from the dead.”

20 Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”

Peter replied, “You are the Messiah[b] sent from God!”

Jesus Predicts His Death​

21 Jesus warned his disciples not to tell anyone who he was. 22 “The Son of Man[c] must suffer many terrible things,” he said. “He will be rejected by the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He will be killed, but on the third day he will be raised from the dead.”

23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 24 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 25 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed? 26 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels. 27 I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Kingdom of God.”

While herod felt guilt, for having john the baptist beheaded - Jesus came to elevate the pain of guilt by paying for sin, even so speaking of the death which he would partake in, to bring forth the Kingdom of God, and today God calls out for people to come to him, to find rest, and find peace.​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 11:28-30​

New Living Translation​

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”​

While guilt is a part of nature, when we do wrong things, even going over and over and over again in our minds of those things, You can see here that Jesus desires for you to have rest.

Your sins they are paid for, you may end up taking your anger out at somoene or some other thing but if you can realize what you do and notice it right away, talk to God and seek Jesus and find rest!

All by the things of the heavenly spiritual ways !!

The carnal nature will want you to continue to grieve of your wrong doings but you have to push past those things, and realize that if you changed your mind on what you use to do, and seek after Christ and desire to live by the Loving God's way the better off you will be and that guilt will drop off the embankment of the heart.​
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 11&version=NLT

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the time of Joseph when his brothers hearts sank because of guilt?

Joseph’s Brothers Return to Canaan
25Then Joseph gave orders to fill their bags with grain, to return each man’s silvera to his sack, and to give them provisions for their journey. This order was carried out, 26and they loaded the grain on their donkeys and departed.

27At the place where they lodged for the night, one of them opened his sack to get feed for his donkey, and he saw his silver in the mouth of the sack. 28“My silver has been returned!” he said to his brothers. “It is here in my sack.”

Their hearts sank, and trembling, they turned to one another and said, “What is this that God has done to us?”

29When they reached their father Jacob in the land of Canaan, they described to him all that had happened to them: 30“The man who is lord of the land spoke harshly to us and accused us of spying on the country.

31But we told him, ‘We are honest men, not spies. 32We are twelve brothers, sons of one father. One is no more, and the youngest is now with our father in the land of Canaan.’

They did Joseph wrong, and Joseph upon seeing them wept and cried, and he repaid them back for what they done.

God tends to cut us back, and also by the spirit tells us when we do wrong, but however when we do wrong, it can be elevated by and through the Lord Jesus Christ, seeking rest in Him.

To go and talk to God, and release those tensions that keep a person bound and in grievance, it's always good to find rest in the Lord Jesus Christ, and he will bring your burdens lighter to deal with, to be thankful. And it turn you will end up treating others better even though you may be suspicious of other peoples motives.

I know I have a problem myself with the issues of people and their motives - but I have manipulated and lied to people through my life. However the more, prayers and supplications to the Father in heaven, you can find comfort which is all by the Spirit, which is a comforter.

Walk by the spirit! Rely on Christ Jesus the one whom is the solution to all problems in the heart of mankind.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all those who suffer with doubt, or are guilty of past decisions, move forward in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, born again into newness of life, putting away the old man.

Find rest, comfort, and pasture as he is the good Shepherd, who guides to green pastures and still waters.

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 7.22.30 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When taking a look at the Psalms David often writes about Yahava to protect him from his enemies, now in his day there were literally enemies that would come around.

Today the enemies we face, is the darkness, the world (the pride of life, the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh), that entices one to go towards - gratification of the self, over making the decision to gratify God.

And our enemies that we face today aside from what the world and what is brings is the darkness of the heart and what it brings also.

Mark 7:21-23

King James Version

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

During times of stress, fear, anger, there is a solution to Go and pray to Yahava, and let him work on your heart and mind by the spirit of God that is given in your heart because of your faith in the death, burial, and resurrection.

David Defeats His Enemies​

18 After this David defeated the Philistines and subdued them, and he took Gath and its villages out of the hand of the Philistines.

2 And he defeated Moab, and the Moabites became servants to David and brought tribute.

3 David also defeated Hadadezer king of Zobah-Hamath, as he went to set up his monument[a] at the river Euphrates. 4 And David took from him 1,000 chariots, 7,000 horsemen, and 20,000 foot soldiers. And David hamstrung all the chariot horses, but left enough for 100 chariots. 5 And when the Syrians of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David struck down 22,000 men of the Syrians. 6 Then David put garrisons[b] in Syria of Damascus, and the Syrians became servants to David and brought tribute. And the Lord gave victory to David[c] wherever he went. 7 And David took the shields of gold that were carried by the servants of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem. 8 And from Tibhath and from Cun, cities of Hadadezer, David took a large amount of bronze. With it Solomon made the bronze sea and the pillars and the vessels of bronze.

9 When Tou king of Hamath heard that David had defeated the whole army of Hadadezer, king of Zobah, 10 he sent his son Hadoram to King David, to ask about his health and to bless him because he had fought against Hadadezer and defeated him; for Hadadezer had often been at war with Tou. And he sent all sorts of articles of gold, of silver, and of bronze. 11 These also King David dedicated to the Lord, together with the silver and gold that he had carried off from all the nations, from Edom, Moab, the Ammonites, the Philistines, and Amalek.

12 And Abishai, the son of Zeruiah, killed 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt. 13 Then he put garrisons in Edom, and all the Edomites became David's servants. And the Lord gave victory to David wherever he went.

David's Administration​

14 So David reigned over all Israel, and he administered justice and equity to all his people. 15 And Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the army; and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder; 16 and Zadok the son of Ahitub and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar were priests; and Shavsha was secretary; 17 and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the Cherethites and the Pelethites; and David's sons were the chief officials in the service of the king.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another great verse from John the beloved,

More on Love and Hatred​

11 For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous.

13 Do not be surprised, my brothers and sisters,[b] if the world hates you.

14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

15 Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?

18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence:

20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God

22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.

23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things: one, you are always going to feel guilty; two, you don't need to keep confessing, if your witness is bold.

As they say "do it afraid"

Gottservant,

From my thoughts, Jesus can actually release us from our guilty conscious, while we may have been mean, or even said mean things to people. While those whom are Christian are able to quench the spirit with-in them by reacting in the flesh the more they move away from that standing, and move standing on the chief cornerstone, and really coming to see that you are forgiven of your sins, and all you have to do is change your mind about how you act through your flesh you are given the choice - should I react in the flesh about this situation, or should I react by the spirit with-in my heart that God gives?

I also agree that you don't have to constantly confess your sins but actually be acknowledge them, accept them as they are and know that is not you, but the sin with-in your flesh. To alleviate that is to rest in Christ Jesus, looking towards the Heavenly, praying and asking, and telling God what is going on and to help you by the spirit instead and help by the spirit to hold your flesh back.

There will be times you will feel guilty but is that really all the time?

Another topic I was thinking of is 'forgiving yourself', and allowing situations to be and allowing God to deal with it; instead of thinking that 'you need to do something about it'.

The best way to renew the mind however is to get into the Bible :)

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second chronicles 7:14. If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from thier wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive thier sin and heal their land..
Jesus has the power to forgive sins. Those who love and serve God.
Proverbs, prayers of the wicked are a abomination to God.
Jesus knows our spirtual condition. Matthew 18:10. Angels behold face of God in heaven. Any false brethren who try to mislead God's Elect, are going into the pit with satan near future.
Hebrews chapter 5:12. Christian people should be teachers of God's word after 20 years. Sadly, many are biblically illiterate. Sitting under two verse Charlie or misguided preachers.
Theirs no spirtual growth. Angels do give EVALUATION reports of people spirtual condition.
After 40 years, your fired!!. Jesus can't use biblically illiterate Christian.
Let me tell you this. Jesus hit list false brethren. The fake shepherds are writing their own death warrant. Its the lake of fire with satan.
Those who teach sound doctrine have nothing to worry about. Jesus is after false preachers.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Second chronicles 7:14. If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from thier wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive thier sin and heal their land..
Jesus knows our spirtual condition. Matthew 18:10. Angels behold face of God in heaven. Any false brethren who try to mislead God's Elect, are going into the pit with satan near future.
Hebrews chapter 5:12. Christian people should be teachers of God's word after 20 years. Sadly, many are biblically illiterate. Sitting under two verse Charlie or misguided preachers.
Theirs no spirtual growth. Angels do give EVALUATION reports of people spirtual condition.
Let me tell you this. Jesus hit list false brethren. The fake shepherds are writing their own death warrant. Its the lake of fire with satan.
Those who teach sound doctrine have nothing to worry about. Jesus is after false preachers.
You've got the fire of the Holy Spirit, right there!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does guilt bother them, or does pride keep that guilt from bothering them, Strepho?

Yesterday, before going to bed, I watched a twilight zone show - Deaths-Head Revisted, a Nazy solider went back to the death camp he served at and the ghost of his past came back to seek retribution.

It was an interesting take of the judgements of wicked people... In my opinion anyway.
Below is a 9 minute captured review, of the video.

back to top -> #1

Last edited:

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does guilt bother them, or does pride keep that guilt from bothering them, Strepho?

Yesterday, before going to bed, I watched a twilight zone show - Deaths-Head Revisted, a Nazy solider went back to the death camp he served at and the ghost of his past came back to seek retribution.

It was an interesting take of the judgements of wicked people... In my opinion anyway.
Below is a 9 minute captured review, of the video.

back to top -> #1
Thank you my friend. I read book on Jews of holocaust years ago. The jews were so tormented, they couldn't get out of their minds.
A senior, former friend in 1990s. He served in ww2. He witnessed the liberation of one concentration camp in Germany.
The Jews tried to get rifles from American soldiers. They wanted payback. The Nazi's were sweating it out to see what the American soldiers would do.
Romans chapter 12, vengeance belongs to God.
I don't believe it was guilt. Retribution comes to mind. Hate can go so deep, it can lead to killing. Jesus is the judge. I'm leaving the judging with Jesus. Take care.

Reactions: MatthewG

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we understand that our own actions lead down a road which can hurt not only oneself, but others, along the way.

Do you believe that God is still punish you for the decisions you have made?

Do you believe that God can elevate that through Christ knowing that you are forgiven for what you have done, and that now though you may have done bad things to others, or even yourself.

You can find that Jesus Christ - taking on your sins all of them - he can make things right for other peoples lives, he changed your life did he not?

When your heart was changed?
No, I don't think Jesus Christ elevates our guilt from past mistakes if we allow him. That sounds like something Satan does.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't think Jesus Christ elevates our guilt from past mistakes if we allow him. That sounds like something Satan does.
Are you in a constant state of guilt? Jesus forgave you, bob.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you in a constant state of guilt? Jesus forgave you, bob.
I would say we are forgiven when we repent of our sin. Why would we be forgiven before that? Wouldn't that encourage us to continue in our sinful ways? Doesn't a parent discipline their child for their own good?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say we are forgiven when we repent of our sin. Why would we be forgiven before that? Wouldn't that encourage us to continue in our sinful ways? Doesn't a parent discipline their child for their own good?
I asked if you are in a constant state of guilt?