Does Satan Know.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
Satan does know the scriptures just like some christians, but I dont believe he knows how to discern them, like some christians . The scripture is only completely understood by those who possess the Holy Ghost . You cant understand the word unless God GRANTS you to. Take a look a 1 Peter 1:-12. In verse twelve it states that salvation was something angles dont fully understand and desired to look into. God allows them to have this knowledge even though they desire to. If God has hidden some things from the heavenly angles how much more from those who have fallen.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Satan does know the scriptures just like some christians, but I dont believe he knows how to discern them, like some christians . The scripture is only completely understood by those who possess the Holy Ghost . You cant understand the word unless God GRANTS you to. Take a look a 1 Peter 1:-12. In verse twelve it states that salvation was something angles dont fully understand and desired to look into. God allows them to have this knowledge even though they desire to. If God has hidden some things from the heavenly angles how much more from those who have fallen.

That's an interesting commentary. I too have wondered the extent of what the angels in heaven understand regarding God's Word. I've always presumed that they fully understood it since they know God in the most intimate way.

I certainly believe that the devil probably knows the Bible word for word.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Satan's Wisdom had been corrupted, and Satan knows every scripture Word for word. His issue is that the devils can not tell the truth, as there is no truth in them.

Same with the Angels of the Lord. They do as they are Told. The Word was meant for the Children of God.

Jesus Is Lord

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
Without the holy ghost you can not disern the word of God...... Lucifer ......I think not.. In Rev when the bride goes to heaven and lucifer is throwen down like lighting , in the bible all it said he knows his time is short..?

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Satan's Wisdom had been corrupted, and Satan knows every scripture Word for word. His issue is that the devils can not tell the truth, as there is no truth in them.

Same with the Angels of the Lord. They do as they are Told. The Word was meant for the Children of God.

Jesus Is Lord

Brother Mike, I'm not trying to challenge you but you did make a rather curious remarks. You really believe that the angels living with God that have never rebelled do not have wisdom regarding the Word of God?

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009

He knows Scripture far better than most Christians.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Peter 1:12
It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

Would seem to suggest that for me. The ESV rendering is not my favorite because the Greek is to stoop and look down or look into - the same as John 20:5. It does suggest they don't know everything, but I liken them to a state just above our own in that respect. God knows everything, but all of his creation doesn't.

Either way, angel means messenger and they are the messengers of the word of God, so I think it's safe to assume that they know something at least.

Satan knows the Word quite well. I venture to say he knows it better than any of us here, and he knows how to twist it so very well.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
The Robster Wrote:

You really believe that the angels living with God that have never rebelled do not have wisdom regarding the Word of God?

I really did not mean to lump all the Angel class together, just sort of came out that way. While HammerStone pointed out that Satan does know scripture, it would be more like a computer. Satan has no Wisdom, or discerns anything. In fact he causes things that cause him trouble latter. Not only that, He could not tell the truth if He tried. There is not truth in him, and God's world is truth.

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
Heb 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

The Angels of the Lord were designed to serve. They were around before Adam. When Adam came, Adam was created in the image of God. Something Satan wanted, He wanted to be like God. Those Angels that obeyed, and kept their place and observed man, for they had yet seen something created similar to God. They were also curious as to God's relationship with man, and the Operation and revelation of the Holy Spirit's interaction with man.

Angels also serve us as Heirs to Salvation. You have been saved more times than you know, because of some intervention by one of God's Angels.

Angles of the Lord radiate great power and the fear of the Lord.

When we see angles appear in the Bible, we don't see emotion, but an interaction with man in a matter of fact way. Like they are given information to give us. Not the same interaction we have with God.

I have experienced the presence of a angel when my daughter was born. I was praying over her as she was being cleaned up. It was not like the presence of the Holy spirit, but just a raw power, and presence. It is not very easy on the flesh, and all you can think is WoW.........The Angel stood there next to me, letting me know he was there to watch my daughter. The angel did not say anything, but I just knew somehow.

I know people that have seen them, but all accounts are them just standing, unmoving. (No wings, sorry.) This was at a service, or some other place. I have also heard that Angels do sing, but never experienced it.

That is all I know of them. for now.........

Jesus Is Lord.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
The Robster Wrote:

I really did not mean to lump all the Angel class together, just sort of came out that way. While HammerStone pointed out that Satan does know scripture, it would be more like a computer. Satan has no Wisdom, or discerns anything. In fact he causes things that cause him trouble latter. Not only that, He could not tell the truth if He tried. There is not truth in him, and God's world is truth.

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
Heb 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

The Angels of the Lord were designed to serve. They were around before Adam. When Adam came, Adam was created in the image of God. Something Satan wanted, He wanted to be like God. Those Angels that obeyed, and kept their place and observed man, for they had yet seen something created similar to God. They were also curious as to God's relationship with man, and the Operation and revelation of the Holy Spirit's interaction with man.

Angels also serve us as Heirs to Salvation. You have been saved more times than you know, because of some intervention by one of God's Angels.

Angles of the Lord radiate great power and the fear of the Lord.

When we see angles appear in the Bible, we don't see emotion, but an interaction with man in a matter of fact way. Like they are given information to give us. Not the same interaction we have with God.

I have experienced the presence of a angel when my daughter was born. I was praying over her as she was being cleaned up. It was not like the presence of the Holy spirit, but just a raw power, and presence. It is not very easy on the flesh, and all you can think is WoW.........The Angel stood there next to me, letting me know he was there to watch my daughter. The angel did not say anything, but I just knew somehow.

I know people that have seen them, but all accounts are them just standing, unmoving. (No wings, sorry.) This was at a service, or some other place. I have also heard that Angels do sing, but never experienced it.

That is all I know of them. for now.........

Jesus Is Lord.

Wow. I really enjoyed reading your commentary. I have a lot of food for thought. I too have never bought into the societal depiction of angels having wings. I bet they are magnificent and beautiful in every way. And I wouldn't be surprised if one day, when we see satan, that he's just some short, pudgy angel that has a bad reciting hairline and a big nose, with a few missing teeth. :lol: Well at least I like to think that way, but the Biblical account portrays something else of course. Amazing stuff indeed.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
He knows Scripture far better than most Christians.

If he didnt, he wouldnt know when he had authority over those whom he may touch.

And it isnt that he CAN ONLY tell a lie ... the reason the lies are so deadly isnt that they are false ... the tree of good and evil was actually the Tree of the Knowledge of the Mixture of Good and Evil ... just like a yin/yang ... if something is all white, and has that speck of black in it.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
The Robster:

And I wouldn't be surprised if one day, when we see satan, that he's just some short, pudgy angel that has a bad reciting hairline and a big nose, with a few missing teeth. :lol: Well at least I like to think that way, but the

Amazing!!!! Only God could have given you this revelation, we get thing from God that just come out of our mouth, or on computer in this case. The Holy Spirit is the Teacher. Satan looks just like that, I use to work for him. :lol:

Seriously:

That was a revelation from God. Satan is not that big and bad. Nothing like people make you think. There are some "Deliverance" ministry that have him ranked up there in Power with God. Like God's equal opposite.

In fact, Satan is a big zero !!!! he is a Angel, that disobeyed God. It is written that WE shall judge the angels. We are in the god class. (don't get upset, we are in God's image.) We are above the angel class, and shall judge them.
Satan is not even a Angel that could obey. So, he is really in bad shape.

Satan has NO POWER!!!!! Jesus removed that from him. Not like we see in the OT.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

He is going to look just like you described Robster!!!! Pathetic, weak, and a Zero. They will be ashamed that they even listened to this pathetic rat.

Adam was given charge over the Garden, God gave the earth to MAN, not some lunatic spirit. We are born of out of the Dust of this World, Satan was not. Jesus said he is a thief and came another way. Satan does not belong here, He does not have a right to rule anything, yet, He got Adam into obeying him, and Adam gave up, What God had given him. Now we have to deal with him until the appointed time.

JarBreaker:
If he didnt, he wouldnt know when he had authority over those whom he may touch.

Well, sort of Jarbreaker. It is the Word, but it's not what Satan knows, it is what WE know. Some think God uses satan to teach us stuff with sickness, and other various tragedy's. That is not what the Word says though.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

The devil just can't get to everyone, He has no power. The only thing he can do is attempt to get us to get in agreement with him. He uses our own authority against us. Satan has no Authority.

Even when it comes to sin, He has no power. All he can do is entice us, and find the weak spots (Lust of our own flesh) He is not sure of what buttons to push, so he runs his ideas though our flesh minds, to see which ones we will continue to think on.

This is why it is so important to watch our mouth, Satan uses Word''s to get permission to do us harm. Even when my own son got sick with cancer, I not one time agreed with Satan. NOT ONCE!!!! If someone asked me how my son was doing, I would tell them my son is Healed. Satan sent good Christians to ask me "What if it's not God's will to heal your son, will you still trust God."

I told them if my son dies, then there is no God, because His Word is not true then. People don't understand this, but I was not about to get in agreement with the devil. The devil would have loved me to think that God did not want my son well.

At the time I did not have a lot of money and the Doctor report from Chicago Children Memorial Hospital was not getting better. (I was on Parole and could not be with him.) This was a nasty form of Leukemia not the normal B-Cell that is more common. They were doing all they could to save my son, and nothing was working.

So, someone came and offered to pay for my son's funeral. Plot and everything. They told me they wanted to take that burden away from my family in such a hard time. (It was tempting, I can't lie about that.) However, I told this person that I am not in any burden, and I won't be needing a burial plot. Then this person got really angry (the devil) and just yelled at me. "Not everyone in the bible that asked God to heal them got healed."

I grabbed my bible, slammed it on the table and said. "Show me." Best he could have done was make something out of the Messenger of Satan that bothered Paul.

Satan made several attempts to get me in agreement that my son was not going to make it. Even after day nine my wife called me from Chicago and told me that the Doctors said my son probably would not make it though the night.

All I could do was Laugh, at how Pathetic the devil was trying to move me.

Now people thought I did not care for my son, and I was just in denial about the situation. NO, I did care for my son, and while the family was crying about it, I was giving God all the glory for performing his Word in my life, for being full of mercy. I did not have time to get depressed.

That last report was Satan's last attempt............. on day 10, my son was alive, and not only that, but there was not one cancer cell in his body. They ran test all day to see what had happened. (Painful ones mind you, but it had to be done.) Glory to God.

That was about 10 years ago. My son now servers at church and is looking into college choices. He is a straight A student and loves the Lord.

Never listen to the Devil's lies of defeat, never agree with him. If the devil tries to tell you, your broke, and your bills won't get paid. Just say that is funny that you mention that Devil. I just read that My God is going to supply all my needs. Now, your pretty bold thinking I am going to believe you over what my father in heaven said. Bold, but stupid.

Jesus Is Lord

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
The Robster:

Amazing!!!! Only God could have given you this revelation, we get thing from God that just come out of our mouth, or on computer in this case. The Holy Spirit is the Teacher. Satan looks just like that, I use to work for him. :lol:

Seriously:

That was a revelation from God. Satan is not that big and bad. Nothing like people make you think. There are some "Deliverance" ministry that have him ranked up there in Power with God. Like God's equal opposite.

In fact, Satan is a big zero !!!! he is a Angel, that disobeyed God. It is written that WE shall judge the angels. We are in the god class. (don't get upset, we are in God's image.) We are above the angel class, and shall judge them.
Satan is not even a Angel that could obey. So, he is really in bad shape.

Satan has NO POWER!!!!! Jesus removed that from him. Not like we see in the OT.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

He is going to look just like you described Robster!!!! Pathetic, weak, and a Zero. They will be ashamed that they even listened to this pathetic rat.

Adam was given charge over the Garden, God gave the earth to MAN, not some lunatic spirit. We are born of out of the Dust of this World, Satan was not. Jesus said he is a thief and came another way. Satan does not belong here, He does not have a right to rule anything, yet, He got Adam into obeying him, and Adam gave up, What God had given him. Now we have to deal with him until the appointed time.

JarBreaker:

Well, sort of Jarbreaker. It is the Word, but it's not what Satan knows, it is what WE know. Some think God uses satan to teach us stuff with sickness, and other various tragedy's. That is not what the Word says though.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

The devil just can't get to everyone, He has no power. The only thing he can do is attempt to get us to get in agreement with him. He uses our own authority against us. Satan has no Authority.

Even when it comes to sin, He has no power. All he can do is entice us, and find the weak spots (Lust of our own flesh) He is not sure of what buttons to push, so he runs his ideas though our flesh minds, to see which ones we will continue to think on.

This is why it is so important to watch our mouth, Satan uses Word''s to get permission to do us harm. Even when my own son got sick with cancer, I not one time agreed with Satan. NOT ONCE!!!! If someone asked me how my son was doing, I would tell them my son is Healed. Satan sent good Christians to ask me "What if it's not God's will to heal your son, will you still trust God."

I told them if my son dies, then there is no God, because His Word is not true then. People don't understand this, but I was not about to get in agreement with the devil. The devil would have loved me to think that God did not want my son well.

At the time I did not have a lot of money and the Doctor report from Chicago Children Memorial Hospital was not getting better. (I was on Parole and could not be with him.) This was a nasty form of Leukemia not the normal B-Cell that is more common. They were doing all they could to save my son, and nothing was working.

So, someone came and offered to pay for my son's funeral. Plot and everything. They told me they wanted to take that burden away from my family in such a hard time. (It was tempting, I can't lie about that.) However, I told this person that I am not in any burden, and I won't be needing a burial plot. Then this person got really angry (the devil) and just yelled at me. "Not everyone in the bible that asked God to heal them got healed."

I grabbed my bible, slammed it on the table and said. "Show me." Best he could have done was make something out of the Messenger of Satan that bothered Paul.

Satan made several attempts to get me in agreement that my son was not going to make it. Even after day nine my wife called me from Chicago and told me that the Doctors said my son probably would not make it though the night.

All I could do was Laugh, at how Pathetic the devil was trying to move me.

Now people thought I did not care for my son, and I was just in denial about the situation. NO, I did care for my son, and while the family was crying about it, I was giving God all the glory for performing his Word in my life, for being full of mercy. I did not have time to get depressed.

That last report was Satan's last attempt............. on day 10, my son was alive, and not only that, but there was not one cancer cell in his body. They ran test all day to see what had happened. (Painful ones mind you, but it had to be done.) Glory to God.

That was about 10 years ago. My son now servers at church and is looking into college choices. He is a straight A student and loves the Lord.

Never listen to the Devil's lies of defeat, never agree with him. If the devil tries to tell you, your broke, and your bills won't get paid. Just say that is funny that you mention that Devil. I just read that My God is going to supply all my needs. Now, your pretty bold thinking I am going to believe you over what my father in heaven said. Bold, but stupid.

Jesus Is Lord

Forgive me if I sound patronizing Bother Mike, but I really enjoy reading your oped pieces on Bible subject matter. Btw, the first time that I read the scripture stating that one day we would judge angels...well I knew right then just how important we really are in this warfare that's taking place on earth. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ. Our reward for surviving all this and choosing wisely is probably more incredible than we can even conceive. I can barely wait to push the Arch angel Michael around and have him clean my shack in Heaven. :lol: J/K

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Um...............

For your safety........... remember that devils are also angels............. and both are spirits. Before you get in the face of Michael the Arch Angel, and let him know a thing or two, you might want to find out which side we are judging. This may keep all your limbs together.

Jesus Is Lord.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Um...............

For your safety........... remember that devils are also angels............. and both are spirits. Before you get in the face of Michael the Arch Angel, and let him know a thing or two, you might want to find out which side we are judging. This may keep all your limbs together.

Jesus Is Lord.

Holy cow Brother Mike, I never even considered the possibility of which angels we would be judging.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
[font="Arial][size="4"]"Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual need of his neighbor. One who follows the teachings of Christ in so far as they are not inconsistent with a life of sin."
Ambrose Bierce​
The Devil's Dictionary​

[/size][/font]

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Forgive me if I sound patronizing Bother Mike, but I really enjoy reading your oped pieces on Bible subject matter. Btw, the first time that I read the scripture stating that one day we would judge angels...well I knew right then just how important we really are in this warfare that's taking place on earth. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ. Our reward for surviving all this and choosing wisely is probably more incredible than we can even conceive. I can barely wait to push the Arch angel Michael around and have him clean my shack in Heaven. :lol: J/K

Better hope Michael doesn't read this....

Michael