Does the atheist find the following statements insulting?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elisha Kai

Nov 21, 2007
Are the following statements insultingNotice, the purpose is not to discuss the truth or falsehood behind these statements but rather to conclude whether atheists find them insulting or not!1. There is no evidence that atheism is a reasonably correct view of life!2. Atheism is originally based upon individuals personal battle with God!3. Radical atheists are ussually not atheists but anti-theists (they have a personal conviction that God is but willingly choose to fight him)!4. Atheists have so far been unable to provide any historical or scientific evidence for their proposition!5. People are generally tired of the no-God notion and its rigid favour of a purely naturalistic perception of the world and are now turning other spiritual alternatives?6. Atheism is based solely upon a negative approach (I am against) rather than a solid foundation of existence and life!7. Atheism has no foundation as it views existence to be a cosmological mistake, to many atheists therefore human lives and values have no meaning or purpose!8. Atheism is on the decline as the world community is turning from its vacuum to any spiritual alternative that may appear fulfilling!9. The most notorious genocides in history have occurred under eras and locations in which not religion but secular and atheistic philosopies occupied the ruling seat!10. The destruction of marriage, family and family values in the West is caused by a philosophy that rejects the religious values of life (atheism)!11. The Western world and its population is in decline due to a secular philosophy that emphasises individual pleasure rather societal unity, the strength of family and the birth of children. 12. Atheism is therefore the end of Western civilization13. Atheism ensures the destruction of any society

Cybella

Mar 25, 2008
I am not so sure that an Atheist would find these insulting, as none of these are true and the average Atheist knows this. The Atheist would instead question the questioner's knowledge about Atheism.

Saint Gutfree

Mar 22, 2008
1. There is no evidence that atheism is a reasonably correct view of life! - Not insulting.2. Atheism is originally based upon individuals personal battle with God! - Yes. This is inacurate at best and inflamatory at worst. It's akin to stating, "Christians don't really care about Jesus. They just want to stay out of hell." or "Christians are just people who are scared of a universe with no god in it." 3. Radical atheists are ussually not atheists but anti-theists (they have a personal conviction that God is but willingly choose to fight him)! - Same as above. 4. Atheists have so far been unable to provide any historical or scientific evidence for their proposition! - Mildly. It goes beyond being simply incorrect and implies the works of many atheist scholars doesn't exist. 5. People are generally tired of the no-God notion and its rigid favour of a purely naturalistic perception of the world and are now turning other spiritual alternatives? - Not insulting. 6. Atheism is based solely upon a negative approach (I am against) rather than a solid foundation of existence and life! - Not insulting. 7. Atheism has no foundation as it views existence to be a cosmological mistake, to many atheists therefore human lives and values have no meaning or purpose! - Mildly. This is a mischaracterization of what atheists believe. The more deliberate the mischaracterization, the more insulting it is. 8. Atheism is on the decline as the world community is turning from its vacuum to any spiritual alternative that may appear fulfilling! - Not insulting.Though, at this point, I'm wondering why each statement requires an exclamation point. 9. The most notorious genocides in history have occurred under eras and locations in which not religion but secular and atheistic philosopies occupied the ruling seat! - Yes. This is insulting because it's wrong and accusatory. 10. The destruction of marriage, family and family values in the West is caused by a philosophy that rejects the religious values of life (atheism)! - Mildly. It makes us sound like we're to blame for something we're not. 11. The Western world and its population is in decline due to a secular philosophy that emphasises individual pleasure rather societal unity, the strength of family and the birth of children. - Slightly better than the one above, but not by much. 12. Atheism is therefore the end of Western civilization - I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or just giggle. 13. Atheism ensures the destruction of any society - same as above.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
Elisha Kai;42578]1. There is no evidence that atheism is a reasonably correct view of life![/QUOTE]I don said:
2. Atheism is originally based upon individuals personal battle with God!
Not insulting at all, but I'm confused by it. Atheists don't battle with something they don't believe is real.
Elisha Kai;42578]3. Radical atheists are ussually not atheists but anti-theists (they have a personal conviction that God is but willingly choose to fight him)![/QUOTE]I said:
5. People are generally tired of the no-God notion and its rigid favour of a purely naturalistic perception of the world and are now turning other spiritual alternatives?
Not insulting at all. However' date=' I would like to see more of this thought before I would label it ignorant. In fact, most proclamations that aren't backed up I think are ignorant.
Elisha Kai;42578' said:
6. Atheism is based solely upon a negative approach (I am against) rather than a solid foundation of existence and life!
I don't find it insulting at all. However, like many of them above, I would like to see more of this before I call it ignorant.
Elisha Kai;42578]7. Atheism has no foundation as it views existence to be a cosmological mistake said:
I don't find it insulting. Only ignorant.
Elisha Kai;42578]8. Atheism is on the decline as the world community is turning from its vacuum to any spiritual alternative that may appear fulfilling![/QUOTE]I don said:
I don't find it insulting. Only ignorant.
Elisha Kai;42578]11. The Western world and its population is in decline due to a secular philosophy that emphasises individual pleasure rather societal unity said:
Not insulting, but I hesitate to call it ignorant. I hope they expand on that idea before calling them ignorant.
Elisha Kai;42578 said:
12. Atheism is therefore the end of Western civilization
It's not insulting. But I'd want backup for that statement before being called ignorant.
Elisha Kai;42578 said:
13. Atheism ensures the destruction of any society
Not insulting, but once again ignorant. Simple searches....As a note, the speaker for most of these statements are making an assurtion. If they say something and act as though it's true "just because", it's an ignorant thing to do, which is why I labeled them all that way. However, if they continue with the thought and provide examples, the statement would remain insulting and wouldn't be as ignorant.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
Elisha Kai;42578]1. There is no evidence that atheism is a reasonably correct view of life![/QUOTE] This is a statement said:
2. Atheism is originally based upon individuals personal battle with God!
I'm not insulted. For some people their athiesm may have come from "a battle with God" when they once believed (doubt or questioning) but once a person is an athiest, they can't battle something they don't think is real.
3. Radical atheists are ussually not atheists but anti-theists (they have a personal conviction that God is but willingly choose to fight him)!
I'm not insulted and to a certain extent I'd agree, although a person doesn't necessaily have a personal conviction with God to be anti-theist.
4. Atheists have so far been unable to provide any historical or scientific evidence for their proposition!
Rather ignorant, although I'm not directly insulted by it.
5. People are generally tired of the no-God notion and its rigid favour of a purely naturalistic perception of the world and are now turning other spiritual alternatives?
Is this a question or a statement? Either way I'm not insulted but I'd want to discuss and know more where this information came from.
6. Atheism is based solely upon a negative approach (I am against) rather than a solid foundation of existence and life!
I'm not insulted but I'd want showing why they think this or where they got this information.
7. Atheism has no foundation as it views existence to be a cosmological mistake, to many atheists therefore human lives and values have no meaning or purpose!
I'm not personally insulted but this is very ignorant.
8. Atheism is on the decline as the world community is turning from its vacuum to any spiritual alternative that may appear fulfilling!
Not insulting but please prove it to me.
9. The most notorious genocides in history have occurred under eras and locations in which not religion but secular and atheistic philosopies occupied the ruling seat!
Insulting and ignorant.
10. The destruction of marriage, family and family values in the West is caused by a philosophy that rejects the religious values of life (atheism)!
I don't personally find this statement insulting, but I do find it rather ignorant.
11. The Western world and its population is in decline due to a secular philosophy that emphasises individual pleasure rather societal unity, the strength of family and the birth of children.
I'm not insulted but it would be a point I'd want to discuss.
12. Atheism is therefore the end of Western civilization
I find this just a little ignorant, although I'm not insulted. I'd want some more information/what and why they think this though.
13. Atheism ensures the destruction of any society
Read above.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
Why is the other "do you find these statements insulting thread" locked and not this one? They are only asking for opinions, not actually making the statements themselves.