Three topics I want to explore:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear CB friends please comment if you are experienced with discussing A B or C.: A is proving Spiritual Healing through Christ instead of arguing over proof of God.

B. is whether Govt is Christian or secular or both.

And C is using language of laws to communicate on common principles that exist without govt or religion.

If you already know of threads on these, please tag me or post links where I can read and catch up. Thank you!

========POST A:
Has anyone provided a proof of God's inexistence?
Not even close.
Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here?
Not even close.
Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life?
Not even close.
Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought?
Close enough.
Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral?
Not close enough.
Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good?
Not even close to being close.
Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences?
Close enough.
Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational?
Not even in the ballpark.
Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt?
REPLY A:
As stated before, neither existence or nonexistence of God can be proven or disproven. The meaning of God being infinite and eternal, beyond the limits of finite human perception and language, all this we refer to remains faith based.

We either agree with each other, based on our faith, that we are talking about the same concepts or manifestations of God

Or we fail to resolve our differences.

Either way, a more practical application of faith in Christ that CAN be proven to have direct benefits and effects measurable by science: we can focus on proving how spiritual healing works to restore health minds, bodies and relations. Since this spiritual healing is based on forgiving conflicts from the past, it also heals relationships between people. We could study this natural healing process. And use that to demonstrate how prayers in Christ work. Understanding the nature of the spiritual process takes the same steps as understanding God and Christ.
POST B:
Western Civilizations ARE atheistic. Separation of state and church remember? As far as I can tell, throughout history, religion has almost always been a hindrance to progress.

Reply B:
Maybe secular or nontheist.
Tolerating and including atheism is not atheist but universal or secular.

Plenty of Christians both left and right still support separating govt from church.

The First Amendment goes both ways:
With NO LAWS respecting either Establishment of Religion OR Prohibiting the Free Exercise thereof.

Neither can Govt Establish Nor Prohibit.

True separation means neutral.

It does not mean imposing either Atheism or Theism, but using agreed secular "nontheistic" terms that accomodate both.

Terms like Equal Justice Under Law accommodate those who believe in Social Justice, Equal Justice, Restoratie Justice, Jesus as Justice, Retributive Justice, Peace and Justice, Justice with Mercy, etc.

Justice is still a faith based term never seen or proven to exist.

But we agree to use this secular term.

It is neither atheist Christian or theist.

I would call it nontheist but it still allows Christians and Deists to tie it to God or Jesus as the Authority of Justice by those beliefs.

So the govt and Constitutional laws can still be interpreted as consistent with Christianity and Deist beliefs equally as Atheists or Nontheists can interpret it as nonreligious.
POST C:
So the govt and Constitutional laws can still be interpreted as consistent with Christianity and Deist beliefs equally as Atheists or Nontheists can interpret it as nonreligious.
there would be no need for the 1st amendment if that were true.

REPLY C:
Yes, the way I see interpret and apply the First Amendment is as self existent natural laws on self govt that don't depend on govt for these laws.

We naturally have the ability to exercise all the principles in the 1A. So if we follow these natural laws by universal authority of Justice or Jesus, then that covers everything else.

We don't even need the 1A to establish these laws that naturally exist and operate.

We just use the written terms and language in the 1A to communicate and agree on principles.

Similar to not depending on the Bible but living by God's word and laws that are represented and taught using it as a tool.

The natural laws are self existent and operate and govern humanity. With or without the 1A Bill of Rights or rest of the Constitution used as tools to check govt against abuse of political or collective imfluence and authority.

Reactions: Mama Etna

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ill speak to topic A.

My pastor says he used to argue with reason over the existence of God.
Now he says he prefers demonstrating the power of God through a miracle or healing.

Im trying to get to that level by faith.

1 Corinthians 2:4
King James Version

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talking point B. Depends on who is the governing authority. Most of them are secular and thus will have imperfections. I will quote what the scripture says about the attitude Christians are supposed to have toward governing authorities.

Romans 13: 1-7

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

And we are to pray for our leaders whether we like them or not. They will reflect the condition of the society.