Does the Bible foresee and end to Christs intercession?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Bible show a close of Christ’s intercession at the time probation ceases, as most Christians would agree Christ’s mediation won’t last indefinitely, as their has to be a judgement of who are the goats versus the sheep before the Second Coming. Well lets start at this verse.
Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

It seems to say that Christ is always there to make intercession for the saints, but then we have...
Revelation 8:3-5
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

We see 'there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake' which is also found other parts in Revelation, and occur with the outpouring of the seven last plagues, and prior to the Second Coming. The casting down of the censer into the earth 'cast it into the earth', involves the end of priestly mediation in the heavenly sanctuary. We find a second description of this event is found in Revelation chapter 15, just before the seven last plagues are poured out...

Revelation 15:8
6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

No reference can be found in Revelation to Christ mediating in His sanctuary after this event takes place. His intercessory work is finished and probation closes, as the time of divine mercy has ended and the time of divine wrath has come. The seven last plagues and the final judgment of God’s enemies follow immediately as we see in Revelation 16..
Revelation 16:1
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Christ Himself tells us there is a close of probation for those on earth..
Revelation 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

The fact that the seven angels pour out the seven last plagues immediately after the sanctuary is filled with smoke, after which point no one is able to enter the sanctuary, makes it clear that as in Noah’s day, when the door of the ark was closed seven days prior to the Flood, so the final close of probation takes place in advance of the Second Coming of Christ.

Here is a good explanation what happens at the close of probation..'
Judgment is based on the law of God. Says the wise man: “Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment” (Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14). James adds: “So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty” (James 2:12).

As names come to review, names with sins on records, unrepented and unforgiven, are blotted out of the book of life. The Lord declared to Moses: “Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book” (Exodus 32:33). Due to unrepented sins, their good deeds are erased from the book of God’s remembrance. Says Ezekiel: “When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, . . . all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned” (Ezekiel 18:24).

All who have truly repented of sin, claimed the blood of Christ as their atoning sacrifice, obeyed the law of God, their sins will be blotted out, and they will have eternal life. The Lord declares, by the prophet Isaiah: “I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins” (Isaiah 43:25). Said Jesus: “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels” (Revelation 3:5). “Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32, 33).'