Does the bible prohibit a woman from being a "pastor"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E

epouraniois

EVen when Scripture is placed in context, verses quoted and strengthend, it is hard to be corrected, to accept reproving, it's human nature, its the old man nature.
We must admit, that, in the assemblies of man, with traditions, so many divisions (denominations) prove that Scripture is being taken out of context.

The purpose of Bible Study is to learn what is God's interpretation.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

ph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Pro 15:10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable
for doctrine,
for reproof,
for correction,
for instruction in righteousness

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
I only follow the Teachings of Jesus via the Bible and through Apostolic Teaching , and as according to the Holy Bible Jesus never ordained any women, while not one woman was ever ordained by any of Christ's apostles/ successors. Whose teachings do you follow ?

E

epouraniois

the word 'knowledge' in Scripture is usually the word 'acknowledgment' - and it is through acknowledgment that the Lord has a person He can reveal further and deeper truths to, to put on the new man thereby. Everyone is not in the same place of acknowledgment, not in the same level of understanding. It's ok. God is in control. There is no argument anyone can put forth to open the eyes of understanding, it's a personal thing between the believer and his Lord. It is by the referencing of Scripture, knowing that Scripture is given by the Holy Spirit and is good for the things already quoted, that we must come to terms with. For me, the apostle was in high praise that the Holy Spirit had sent forth women to minister His Word. That is good enough for me. For others it may not be comprehensible, and that is fine as well. But we should not argue about it, only post the verses and try to provide the God given context, rather than the so many many divisions based upon traditions of man. So many take one verse here and one verse there, only to build their own interpretations. What does Scripture say?

Sometimes we have to realize that there are limitations of Scripture. Sometimes we ask questions that go beyond the bounds of the Book cover.
The verses used to support no women teaching Scripture are taken out of context, that has been shown. Personal attacks, strawman attacks, diversions, none of that provides clear support for anything but the announcement of ones only personal being. It rarely harms the one being attacked as the words used declair more about the person writing them than they do about the person receiving them.

Note what the apostle writes regarding how to practice the instructions:

Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Every one of us that is not a woman, right? or, Every on of us that is male, right? I didn't think so.

There is a prayer for all of us, we need to fully breath this in and digest it:

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Are women excluded in any way in this. Or was there some form of context the apostle was making known in the verses used to support the claim that God is against women teachers? God just hates women teachers in general, or is there some context for the words written?

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
epouraniois, Jesus never" ordained,"nor did He teach anybody else to ordain women as presbyters/ priests/pastors.Why do you want to create dissension and difficulties in opposition to the doctrine already given "back then" [ Romans 16:17-18, 1 Cor. 1:10 ] to His One True Apostolic Church.

E

epouraniois

epouraniois, Jesus never" ordained,"nor did He teach anybody else to ordain women as presbyters/ priests/pastors.Why do you want to create dissension and difficulties in opposition to the doctrine already given "back then" [ Romans 16:17-18, 1 Cor. 1:10 ] to His One True Apostolic Church.

Christ Jesus never ordained you or I either, or did He? Nevertheless, here we are, and there are women on here in our assembly who are teaching as well, scary stuff for some people perhaps. Should they not be permitted to anything but keep quiet on these forums where we are assembled together? Hmmm.

Perhaps the main reason is because those teachings, for those who will inherit the earth, are in abayence at the present time, and a new creation has been called to assembly. To continue to teach that those things are truth for today is in err. Paul makes it clear in ch3 of Philp' that even he had to set aside all those things that were gain to him as a Hebrew of the Hebrews and press for that which is ahead in this newly announced high calling. He made the incredible statement regarding that previous gain he could count on, calling 'but dung' in comparison.

It's great to talk about what happened when, but you are correct, I like to bring in truth for today even more, I do love reading God's other childrens letters, however the letters written to me are particularly dear.

It was the apostles greatest hope,

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ

and completes the Word of God

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil (plēroō

= complete) the word of God

I hope this answers your question.