Doesnt this alert you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
[/COLOR]Matthew 17:20And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief: for truly I say to you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you................................................................................. John 14:12Truly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to my Father................................................................................. [COLOR="Yellow]John 14:14If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it................................................................................. Why arent our Christian pastors and leaders here in America doing the great miracles listed in John, Acts...?Why arent any of us taking these words to heart and able to remove all doubt from our hearts?Jesus said NOTHING will be impossible to you, if a mountain is in your way- tell it to move, and if you have the faith of a mustard seed- it WILL. This is to be taken literally people. Lets pray that the Lord helps us in our lives to increase and strengthen our faith. Nothing will be impossible to us because we serve the one who made all of it. Take it 100% literal and lets start praying more and more for our faith. Not only is such faith strengthing to us in our journey from the Lord, it would also be better than any sermon to perform and teach through the actions of our faith.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
A lot of pastors stay in their comfort zones. Do you know that in most mega-churches, there is a section for the deaf where they can watch a sign linguist translate the sermon for them? Why on earth would a church need a sign linguist if they could simply heal the deaf?I also blame it on a lack of faith.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Couldnt agree more, but what we must realize is that unfortunatly we live in a world of many distractions that rob us of the faith we should have or at least the confidence in that faith to do what we can. Even the Apostles struggled with having too little faith on occassion. There is so much sin saturating the world at this time that even we have become over saturated and should constantly cleanse ourselves thru Christ sacrifice. When I was a child I had the ability to heal at a minor level, like releave others headaches and other physical pains. I still can at times, but I struggle with my own sins and doubts about myself limiting this ability and stopping it from increasing.

koulourakia_girl

Apr 21, 2008
I really do believe that at this very moment, we are living in the "beginning of Sorrows", and whilst we are told that these times will be filled with unrighteousness, where even many will depart from the faith and seek after the doctrines of devils etc....looking for things to satisfy what they want to hear (as we see with far too many pastors nowadays...they preach in that comfort zone)....God is also raising-up great teachers who are not ashamed to speak God's Word, even though the things they have to say may not be 'acceptable" to many christians who have become complacent in this Laodicean Church..people like John Bevere abnd Paul Washer are great examples....and great things ARE being done by certain individuals, miracles and the like....It's just that I believe this is the age of the Laodicean Church (Lukewarm)...and if you're lukewarm then you might as well be cold! However, praise be to God, that there is a True, and Righteous Church that runs parallel with the lukewarm....I get upset, however, that the world at large sees the majority of Churches and Christians, and deems them to be hypocrites and the like - it's because they're not listening to what God has to say!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(koulourakia_girl;48866)
I really do believe that at this very moment, we are living in the "beginning of Sorrows", and whilst we are told that these times will be filled with unrighteousness, where even many will depart from the faith and seek after the doctrines of devils etc....looking for things to satisfy what they want to hear (as we see with far too many pastors nowadays...they preach in that comfort zone)....God is also raising-up great teachers who are not ashamed to speak God's Word, even though the things they have to say may not be 'acceptable" to many christians who have become complacent in this Laodicean Church..people like John Bevere abnd Paul Washer are great examples....and great things ARE being done by certain individuals, miracles and the like....It's just that I believe this is the age of the Laodicean Church (Lukewarm)...and if you're lukewarm then you might as well be cold! However, praise be to God, that there is a True, and Righteous Church that runs parallel with the lukewarm....I get upset, however, that the world at large sees the majority of Churches and Christians, and deems them to be hypocrites and the like - it's because they're not listening to what God has to say!
You know Paul Washer? :]I know another preacher you'll probably like. His name is Jason Hamlin. He is ministering in the Middle East at the moment.Here is his picture:
aakuait.jpg
If you want to listen to his sermons, follow my link to my myspace (In my signature). And under "People I would like to meet" there is a little biography on him. There is also a link to some of his sermons. He doesn't record his sermons, but that church did. He has some powerful testimonies
biggrin.gif

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Wakka;48868)
You know Paul Washer? :]I know another preacher you'll probably like. His name is Jason Hamlin. He is ministering in the Middle East at the moment.Here is his picture:
aakuait.jpg
If you want to listen to his sermons, follow my link to my myspace (In my signature). And under "People I would like to meet" there is a little biography on him. There is also a link to some of his sermons. He doesn't record his sermons, but that church did. He has some powerful testimonies
biggrin.gif
Yea, but why is Jason Hamlin dressed up like Ahab the Arab, Sheik of the burning sand? And why do you want to meet him (inquiring minds want to know).

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
He has a powerful testimony. God took him from a drug pushing Californian boy to a crowd healing man.One instance when he preached in Pakistan. It was the poorest church in the area, and right next to the church was a river of sewage. To get to the point, while he was preaching, the Holy Spirit came down, and people who lived a few blocks from the church could feel the Holy Spirit. Hamlin then went house to house praying for people, and a lot of them were either saved, healed, or both. Pakistan is predominantly Muslim too.

koulourakia_girl

Apr 21, 2008
Thanks Wakka :)Yeah I came across Paul Washer inadvertently, whilst browsing vids on youtube....and yeah, was so very impressed! I've been just devouring all his videos on there...he's spot-on, and there aren't enough teachers in the world today that are willing to preach on such things - truth for instance lol...

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(Red_Letters88;48854)
Matthew 17:20And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief: for truly I say to you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you................................................................................. John 14:12Truly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to my Father................................................................................. John 14:14If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it................................................................................. Why arent our Christian pastors and leaders here in America doing the great miracles listed in John, Acts...?Why arent any of us taking these words to heart and able to remove all doubt from our hearts?Jesus said NOTHING will be impossible to you, if a mountain is in your way- tell it to move, and if you have the faith of a mustard seed- it WILL. This is to be taken literally people. Lets pray that the Lord helps us in our lives to increase and strengthen our faith. Nothing will be impossible to us because we serve the one who made all of it. Take it 100% literal and lets start praying more and more for our faith. Not only is such faith strengthing to us in our journey from the Lord, it would also be better than any sermon to perform and teach through the actions of our faith.
My faith has brought me great gifts in the past and will continue too. Take a look at this scripture:Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. I believe with all my heart that God will grant me my greatest desire which is to see every member of my house escape His wrath when His time of darkness arrives. I want to see no terror and panic on their poor pitiful sad faces. My heart can't bear the thought of seeing my children suffer because of their unbelief and the thought of their poor sick souls in a dark place of torment for ever is torment as if I am there myself. God knows my distress and He will have mercy for my sake. Look at these scriptures they are distressing:Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: Get right because in the end you can't say you were not warned.

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
This is a very important thread to me. Have realized the past couple of months that even though I believe in God and Jesus my faith has been affected by the world around me. Fear grips me and blinds me to the fact that nothing is impossible for God.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
We must stay with the teachings of the Holy Ghost and shun the vanity of mans self righteous ways.For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. And not to stray from the thread let me add that God answers all prayers asked in the name of His son Jesus Christ that are made in faith and with pure intent which should go without saying. He will in no way advance evil for you but He will give you good things. He has done for me what EVERYONE around me said was impossible and not gonna happen. He brought my marriage and my family back to me, he healed my addictions (ALL OF THEM), He cured my hatred and anger (sin still upsets me pretty bad), He made my mouth clean of swear words, He healed many things in my life all at once without my even having to run down a check-list, He just magically cut the bands of sin from me and I've never felt such freedom or love. And He has done much more than this.Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Wakka;48871)
He has a powerful testimony. God took him from a drug pushing Californian boy to a crowd healing man.One instance when he preached in Pakistan. It was the poorest church in the area, and right next to the church was a river of sewage. To get to the point, while he was preaching, the Holy Spirit came down, and people who lived a few blocks from the church could feel the Holy Spirit. Hamlin then went house to house praying for people, and a lot of them were either saved, healed, or both. Pakistan is predominantly Muslim too.
When I was in Hawaii I noticed the same thing. I could smell the Holy Spirit from a mile away at the two churches I attended, and heck, there wasn't any miracles going on either.You can really tell if the Holy Spirit is in a church or not.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(Red_Letters88;48854)
Matthew 17:20And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief: for truly I say to you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you................................................................................. John 14:12Truly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to my Father................................................................................. John 14:14If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it................................................................................. Why arent our Christian pastors and leaders here in America doing the great miracles listed in John, Acts...?Why arent any of us taking these words to heart and able to remove all doubt from our hearts?Jesus said NOTHING will be impossible to you, if a mountain is in your way- tell it to move, and if you have the faith of a mustard seed- it WILL. This is to be taken literally people. Lets pray that the Lord helps us in our lives to increase and strengthen our faith. Nothing will be impossible to us because we serve the one who made all of it. Take it 100% literal and lets start praying more and more for our faith. Not only is such faith strengthing to us in our journey from the Lord, it would also be better than any sermon to perform and teach through the actions of our faith.
I agree as well. it seems it's been ages since there was a great manifestation of the Spirit but there are few ministries manifesting the gifts.

koulourakia_girl

Apr 21, 2008
ahhh I think this is an important distinction...John Bevere makes clear a point which I know I have been guilty in the past of forgetting...that is, God is omnipresent...He is always in these Churches...but when He is not revered, he does not manifest His presence....He's always there, but yeah...these Churches always wonder why their prayers never seem to be answered, or why the revival they've been praying so hard for does not come about...its for this reason - God is Holy, and must be treated as such...to do otherwise is giving God disrespect!

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
(Red_Letters88;48854)
Because most Christians I know prefer anything other than Jesus's words in the Gospels.They will get around it by hiding behind theology and saying Jesus is God of OT as well etc etc.I actually think this is an overly simplistic deduction used as excuse to ignore the words of Jesus.God didn't send his son down here, and eventually he was sacrificed, just so you, as a follower, can ignore this event and ignore his preaching as the born son of God.The fact he was here and sacrificed means he is now able to save you!!! IF you want ignored his word when he was embodied as man, you might as well be a Jew or a Muslim.