Dollar at risk?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Hi there, is the dollar really at risk of collapse?

I'm no expert by any means.

There are some that say they're trying to devalue the dollar to cause an economic collapse so we can move to the "NWO". They use an example of how the state of Texas was moved into financial collapse in order to bring it into a union state.

There is also a "devaluing" of the dollar that supposed to help out the national debt. So, the dollar is devalued.

Most of what you hear about the collapse of the dollar is just rumors and fear mongoring by conspiracy theorists. Regardless of all of that, there's still many countries that depend on the US dollar, and believe it or not this includes Europe.

Compared to monies around alot of the world, Europe especially, our money is devaluing while theirs is increasing.

So, as a High risk of the US dollar being worth nothing,,,, IMHO, no.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
devaluing the dollar doesn't just happen. The fed does it to encourages trade, which theoretically increases jobs.

daviddee

May 21, 2011
I think the dollar is at risk, I think the US in a whole is at risk.....
dry.gif

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
I usually don't put too much stock in conspiracy theorists, but I do try to keep abreast of international news and what I hear about China ( who holds the largest portion of our debt ), buying everything they can in order to reduce their debt holdings, as well as entering into talks with other countries to try to change the international trading denomination away from the dollar, it really causes me to worry.

Right now the International Money Fun is working on a new currency called SDR's, SDR stands for Special Drawing Rights, and it is a currency that is drawn on a 'basket' of other currencies. There is a huge push to establish SDR's as the international trading currency. And if the dollar loses its status as the World's trading currency, then the value of the dollar will plummet, especially when you consider the amount of debt that the US has right now, with no end in sight of stopping its growth.

This would have the effect of devestating the US economy. Can you imagine $6 or even $9 a gallon for gas? It could happen. Look at all the food we import. When the value of the Dollar plumets world-wide, then the price of everything that we import will skyrocket. This is one of the ways that I see God punishing America.

I personally believe that this will be the exact hook to get America to join the Antichrist's system. Because it will seem that He is the only person that can solve America's financial troubles.

Joshua David

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Read the book Creature From Jekell Island, and you may see just how much our U.S. Dollar is at risk, and not just our Dollar, but our whole nation.

And if that isn't enough, read Jerome Corsi's works about the matter, and the plan some U.S. leaders want in establishing the "Amero" currency in place of our U.S. Dollar. Real facts, real documentation.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

What's a dollar?

Lemme see, I used to know what a dollar was....

A convenient substitute for REAL money - gold and silver. Which the united States has none of, by the way.
Once upon a time metal was the ONLY currency. Still is, as a matter of fact. American paper money is a fake. There is nothing whatsoever to back it up, yet the planet uses it as a basis of international exchange.

The article shared above is one of many I've read, all giving very lucid assertions about which currency would be used instead of the $.
Which one should we use? hmmmm

The Euro? The Euro is already washed up. Several nations in the union are making big noises about parting ways with the unified currency. How long will Germany put up with the spendthrift ways of Greece? Will uncle Sam come to Greece's rescue and further deflate the dollar?

Where else shall we look, the yen? Japan's economy was shakey before the earthquake, tsunami and meltdown. The yen is out.

The yuan - Chinese money? That government is artificially suppressing it's value in order to compete more heavily in the international market. Other nations, including America, have been whining about this policy for years. Despite its appearance of financial strength the yuan is not ready to assume the task of global leadership. I did a Google search on yuan and it said, "do you mean yen?". Maybe Google knows something the rest of us don't.

Bottom line is that it's the dollar or nothing and if our government continues to play the fool with over spending it's likely to be nothing quicker than many realize.

When (not if) that happens, the only two options any of us will have for exchange will be either barter or the ancient hard currency of gold or silver.

On that day, everyone will ask the same question.

What's a dollar?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's a dollar?

Lemme see, I used to know what a dollar was....

A convenient substitute for REAL money - gold and silver. Which the united States has none of, by the way.
Once upon a time metal was the ONLY currency. Still is, as a matter of fact. American paper money is a fake. There is nothing whatsoever to back it up, yet the planet uses it as a basis of international exchange.

The article shared above is one of many I've read, all giving very lucid assertions about which currency would be used instead of the $.
Which one should we use? hmmmm

The Euro? The Euro is already washed up. Several nations in the union are making big noises about parting ways with the unified currency. How long will Germany put up with the spendthrift ways of Greece? Will uncle Sam come to Greece's rescue and further deflate the dollar?

Where else shall we look, the yen? Japan's economy was shakey before the earthquake, tsunami and meltdown. The yen is out.

The yuan - Chinese money? That government is artificially suppressing it's value in order to compete more heavily in the international market. Other nations, including America, have been whining about this policy for years. Despite its appearance of financial strength the yuan is not ready to assume the task of global leadership. I did a Google search on yuan and it said, "do you mean yen?". Maybe Google knows something the rest of us don't.

Bottom line is that it's the dollar or nothing and if our government continues to play the fool with over spending it's likely to be nothing quicker than many realize.

When (not if) that happens, the only two options any of us will have for exchange will be either barter or the ancient hard currency of gold or silver.

On that day, everyone will ask the same question.

What's a dollar?

So.....was going off the gold standard a mistake?

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Intelhub & similar sites strongly suggest
We only invest in silver. Here is the link:.
http://dont-tread-on.me/the-silver-bullet-and-the-silver-shield/

If such sites are just fear mongering, you really do wonder what they really get out of it.
M

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I'm no expert by any means.

There are some that say they're trying to devalue the dollar to cause an economic collapse so we can move to the "NWO". They use an example of how the state of Texas was moved into financial collapse in order to bring it into a union state.

There is also a "devaluing" of the dollar that supposed to help out the national debt. So, the dollar is devalued.

Most of what you hear about the collapse of the dollar is just rumors and fear mongoring by conspiracy theorists. Regardless of all of that, there's still many countries that depend on the US dollar, and believe it or not this includes Europe.

Compared to monies around alot of the world, Europe especially, our money is devaluing while theirs is increasing.

So, as a High risk of the US dollar being worth nothing,,,, IMHO, no.

Do not put your hope in that because no Nation is not replaceable. The U.S dollar as we speak has and is losing value (it is now valued less than the Canadian dollar) (it is the reason why the price of gold has been going up) and it is only a matter of time before much of the world lose faith in it........ the U.S demise is inevitable. The United States as we know it will not be around when the Beast Power spoken about in the book or Revelation. And as we speak the ground work for that Empire is being put in place........it will be the resurrection of the Roman Empire.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So.....was going off the gold standard a mistake?

Yes.

It is apparent right now that inflation, not stability, is the consequence of employing paper money. Not just paper either. Who uses paper money any more? Everybody uses plastic - a numeric system that is used as a convenience instead of paper money, which was originally used as a convenience to stand in the place of gold and silver. After all, who wants to carry half a pound of heavy metal in their pockets or purses? Nobody I know.

Yet the only thing of real value is something you can hold in your hand or produce by your own effort. That is real wealth, not paper or numbers on a balance sheet.

Yes, going off the gold standard as well as going off the silver standard thirty years later, was a mistake. Jeus said that one should build one's house on solid ground. There is no more solid financial ground that hard metal. Inflation is the penalty of paper and plastic money and bankers are those that gain from every turn of the economy - because THEY control the paper and plastic.....which is the real reason it was invented in the first place.

That being said, I do not believe that there will be a sudden collapse of the economy, which is to say that one day we are fine and the next day the dollar will mean nothing. I do believe that the present devaluation will continue and probably escalate. We shall not see any sudden financial emergency in America until after the elections of 2012. Our patriotic men and women in Washington have seen to that.

The new congress will sit in 2013 and make or avoid making any decisions to improve the financial situation at that time. Any bets on the outcome?

Make your own gold and silver standard. Put a little aside for yourself and your family. Get involved in groups in the community and church. Our real wealth, as always, is in each other and in Christ - NOT THE GOVERNMENT, not the banks and certainly not paper or plastic money.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I've been warning about this for years. I hadn't always understood it, not until I read The Creature From Jekyll Island about the creation of the Federal Reserve system, and had college economics and Accounting.

Per our U.S. Constitution, congress has the power to regulate "coin" money, which refers to a gold standard backing. In the early 1970's during the Nixon administration, the Federal Reserve completely removed the U.S. currency off the gold standard backing the U.S. dollar.

You can have paper currency with a gold standard. A gold standard simply means something of value actually backing or supporting the paper dollar.

Here's how it works. The dollars in circulation represent the money supply. Each dollar's value is represented by an equal amount of gold or silver stored in some protected location, like Fort Knox. You cannot... just print more dollars and add them to the current money supply without more gold or silver to back them up. This prevents... exactly what the Feds have been doing since removing us from the gold standard in the 1970's, printing money by Fiat (by congressional decree), out of thin air, backed by nothing.

Prior to removal off the gold standard, the U.S. dollar was called a Silver Certificate. It was redeemable in same amount of silver coin. After removal from the gold standard it became a Federal Reserve Note (a promissory note of debt paper), no longer redeemable for silver coin.

Some against the idea of a gold standard love to use the excuse that it limits the amount of currency available to the public, since you can't print any more paper dollars than you have gold to back them up. That's a straw man argument, and here's why. A gold standard dollar is more stable, since it's backed by gold, so... it's buying power and value goes... up! It will buy more, since it's worth more. With a super inflated dollar you need a whole lot more of them to pay for something, because they're worth less. What happens with a gold backed dollar, is that you need LESS of them. Pennies even start becoming worth something instead of throwing them in a bucket at home, PRICES of goods and labor go down in correlation.

Of course salaries go down, but so does everything else, so it balances out. Coke bottle caps could be used for money as long as everyone agreed and it couldn't be easily copied, so what's used as the method of exchange is not really the issue. It's the VALUE of the means of exchange that is. Gold backing insures that value.

Something has to suffer though on a gold standard, and it's PRICES of goods and labor. Prices will fluctuate more, as supply and demand becomes more of an issue on the value set on goods and services, since the dollar then is very stable. The PEOPLE have more effect on prices and value of goods and services by supply and demand. In other words, with a gold standard, WE THE PEOPLE get to decide on what real value is, and what is not, and have more say in how our gov. spends money, instead of economists and politicians in Washington.

I think that is one of the reasons the economists wanted to go to paper Fiat money, making the dollar's value fluctuate more while allowing prices to steadily rise, with temporary shot injections to drive prices back down when too high by temporary deflations of the dollar. The order has been though, a constant steady rise in prices, while the value of the dollar goes down (inflation). They keep it around 4 % a year, they say. I'd say it's been averaging a lot more each year since removal of the gold standard in the 1970's. Regardless, imagine, 20 years at 4 % inflation of the dollar means it takes 60 % more dollars to buy something than it did 20 years ago. So of course prices are going to go up during that, for inflation means devaluation of the dollar, or buying power of the dollar.

See, if you own a company producing a product, you WANT prices of goods to go up, and not down. Lot of companies evidently bought into Fiat money to make that happen, forgetting that eventually it would weaken the buying power of the dollar, with less Americans financially able to buy their high priced products. No problem for those corporations, they could then push for moving their operations overseas to acquire huge new markets. Get the picture?

The most significant benefit of getting off the gold standard was for the bankers and politicians. Instead of having limited funds for pet projects, politicians can put in an order to the U.S. Treasury and Fed to simply print more money for their projects. The bankers love it because it means they finance that debt, drawing interest payments on it. The more loans, the more interest money the bankers collect.

BAILOUTS become the name of the game too. Politicians and bankers then go to whole countries outside the U.S. and push loans they know... the poor country can never repay. When the poor country gets down again the bankers simply do a refinance of the old loan, and make up a new one, giving them some extra spending money to boot (interest income for the bankers, remember?). They get Congress to simply print more dollars to cover it, and most often, we the people, don't know anything about it, as those operations are often hidden behind all sorts of administration hides. Huge corporations get on that boat too, well knowing they can scare politicians into a bailout by threatening bankruptcy and that it would hurt the economy if their company went broke. So Congress puts in an order to print more dollars for their bailout of doing bad business, on purpose (like AIG and the mortgage loan hoax).

If the Communists want to destroy the United States of America, that's one way to do it, exactly what today's politicians and bankers are doing with our U.S. monetary policy.

Here's some quotes from Alan Greenspan, ex-Chairman of The Board of The Federal Reserve:

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. ... This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficultly in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Inflation is not a true Christan way nor is the way we do banking is it ? that all comes from some other mob of vipers.
I think that we all may pay for disobeying the Lords laws.
I think some are looking on having a big joke at how foolish the goy are and the thing is we deserve it for being such idiot's and stupid short sighted dim wit fools.
Our schooling system is a sick joke as it creates fools. the most important thing to learn is about our lord Jesus and abiding in him as our foundations and then we can't go wrong.
Funny how people boast they have won the war but don't even realise they are loosing the battle.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
devaluing the dollar doesn't just happen. The fed does it to encourages trade, which theoretically increases jobs.

Yes, I have heard that before........exept it was in another Country in which I was living in and the only people it helped was the very few.....the ones that were in the tourist business. Criminals in the government will always find some reason why something they want is a good thing. When the dollar was stronger they say that is good and now the dollar is weaker they say that too is a good thing.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Inflation is not a true Christan way nor is the way we do banking is it ? that all comes from some other mob of vipers.
I think that we all may pay for disobeying the Lords laws.
I think some are looking on having a big joke at how foolish the goy are and the thing is we deserve it for being such idiot's and stupid short sighted dim wit fools.
Our schooling system is a sick joke as it creates fools. the most important thing to learn is about our lord Jesus and abiding in him as our foundations and then we can't go wrong.
Funny how people boast they have won the war but don't even realise they are loosing the battle.

Yeah, and paying for it on more levels than one.

You might be a candidate for viewing the DVD documentary Inside Job. Sounds like you'd probably understand it.

What I have the most difficult time understanding, is how Alan Greenspan could say that (at end of my previous post), and then accept the Chairman of the Board job at the Federal Reserve. Not only that, but when Greenspan retired, a reporter (I think from WorldNetdaily) asked him about his 1960's quote of supporting the gold standard, and he said he still... believed it. That actually reveals there really is a 'shadow government' operating behind the scenes that many have suspected for a long time.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The above quote is a nugget of truth that few pundits will reveal.

When China began the trade wars a few decades ago, the biggest problem their trade partners in the west had was that the Yuan was artifically suppressed by the Chinese government. The Yuan and very cheap Chinese labor combined to out perform every currency on the planet. Every country they traded with complained about it, but the Chinese didn't relent. They continued producing goods at prices far lower than other nations.

And it wasn't just America the Chinese traded with. Every European country got sucked into it too.

Fast forward to the present day. The EU and the uSA all decided to devalue their currency to be more competetive and thereby fell into the Chinese trap. The problem is that real wealth is determined by what you produce and decades of non-production of consumer goods have left the west vulnerable to financial collapse. That's exactly what we're seeing today.

The wisdom of our financial leaders was to shift all production overseas thereby negating the effect of American labor unions. The foolishness of it was to make our own economy vulnerable to foreign manipulations. Presto, here we are in hot water.

Ever play with one of those Chinese finger puzzles? They are also called Chinese handcuffs.
You stick a finger from one hand into one side of a woven paper tube and a finger from the other hand into the other side of the tube.
Try as hard as you can to pull the fingers out and you will fail. You will forever be held in the tube. Freedom comes only when one finger is pushed in, going deeper into the puzzle rather than trying to escape.

In this case, the way out is to go in deeper, to erect tariff barriers to cause trade to become more difficult - not easier. The end result would see factories rebuilt in the west and the return of wealth to the middle class.

Ever read about a monkey trap? A jug with a narrow neck is anchored to a heavy object and a food with a sweet aroma is placed inside. Wild monkeys will put their hands into the jar to grasp the treat in their fists. The trap is that the neck of the jar is too narrow to permit a fist to be removed. The monkey is too fixated on the treat and will not release it. If he did he would free his hand. Trapped.

That is exactly the trap the Chinese have us in. If we simply let go of Chinese trade, everything would be fine again, but we can't. Our 'wise' leaders are so fixated on cheap Chinese goods that they cannot and will not let go.

So let me ask a question here. What happens on the world scene when the west is paralyzed by financial collapse?
More to the point, what happens to Israel, for the focus of all this activity is to remove the protection of the west from that tiny nation.

The Bible tells us what will happen.

"For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way."
2Th 2:7

The restraining power, according to several different commentaries, is an earthly power not a heavenly one.
When the restraints are removed the anti-Christ will move in.

It has been my position for some time that the anti-Christ will be a Muslim person called al-Mahdi.
Christian commentaries I've consulted about the "restraint" refer to Rome or the Roman Empire. How strange it is that Islamic Hadith literature generally refer to western countries (America and Europe), as Rome.

Are we not, as nations of the west, children of the Roman Empire? As such we find ourselves in opposition to Islamic prophecy and in full compliance with that of the Bible as well. Both Islamic and Christian prophecy speak of the removal of the Roman restraint followed by the entrance of al-Mahdi (anti-Christ) onto the world stage.

Thus do we see the foolishness of man in contrast to the designs and good counsel of God.