Dollar at risk?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The more they print it the less it will be able to buy.....every dollar has debt with it. So eventually the dollar is going to become useless and as a result basic things are going to become too expensive to buy.

Most people accept this basic statement, even if its not too pretty.

One fact that isn't mentioned in the popular press is that there is a significant amount of drug money circulating through large American banks.
Some of them are Bank of America, Citi Bank and the former Leman Brothers. These banks use (or used) drug money to compensate for their deficits. They also use Federal bail outs to do it.

As we all know the western banking system is leaking money worse than the Titanic leaking seawater. The point I'm trying to make is that the use of drug money to prop up American banks isn't mentioned anywhere. Everybody knows it's done, but nobody admits to it. The problem this creates is that every single economic forcast that doesn't take drug money into consideration will be wrong. Every single one.

Back to square one.

Even drug dealers have to use the dollar and if the dollar is worth less to everybody, it's worth less to them as well.

Bottom line is that we are all circling the drain, economically speaking. It didn't save Leman Bros. and it won't save Bank of Amercia or any of the others. What it WILL DO is throw the financial projections off - a lot. The calculation of the use of drug money as a prop will simply delay the outcome of the financial equation a little.

What's the solution? Hard currency. Gold and silver.

European banks are rumored to be on a gold and silver buying spree.
The state of Utah recently passed a bill allowing gold and silver coins minted by the US mint to be used as currency (by weight, not face value) for payment of debts and taxes.

In view of the recent delay of Federal default, it would probably be a good idea to divest your portfolio of US savings bonds as well. Not a good investment in anyone's book.

Bank collapse or bank failures? I think not, at least for the foreseeable future.

Here's why.

Banks are now beginning to implement a delay of payment policy. It's evident now in the delay of electronic transfers. Some critics believe that an eventual five to ten working day delay will be normal. So if you pay your bills electronically, you may expect a delay of as much as TWO calendar weeks before money is actually transferred. Currently, currently mind you there is an existing delay of two to three business days which equates to a calendar week or more. I had one car payment take nearly two weeks to clear in June of 2011. Check the small print for YOUR bank to see what their policy is for transfer. Ultimately this rule would also apply for withdrawals in the lobby. For example, suppose you go inside your bank and as to withdraw a thousand dollars for your vacation. The delay of payment policy would require you to APPLY for withdrawal of your money and GET it five to ten business days later. It also creates the illusion of business as usual, even if it isn't. Bankers love that kind of thing.

CAUTION: Be careful and educate yourselves with regard to your bank policies. ALL OF THEM are in flux. Be alert, be vigilant, take nothing for granted.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Most people accept this basic statement, even if its not too pretty.

One fact that isn't mentioned in the popular press is that there is a significant amount of drug money circulating through large American banks.
Some of them are Bank of America, Citi Bank and the former Leman Brothers. These banks use (or used) drug money to compensate for their deficits. They also use Federal bail outs to do it.

As we all know the western banking system is leaking money worse than the Titanic leaking seawater. The point I'm trying to make is that the use of drug money to prop up American banks isn't mentioned anywhere. Everybody knows it's done, but nobody admits to it. The problem this creates is that every single economic forcast that doesn't take drug money into consideration will be wrong. Every single one.

Back to square one.

Even drug dealers have to use the dollar and if the dollar is worth less to everybody, it's worth less to them as well.

Bottom line is that we are all circling the drain, economically speaking. It didn't save Leman Bros. and it won't save Bank of Amercia or any of the others. What it WILL DO is throw the financial projections off - a lot. The calculation of the use of drug money as a prop will simply delay the outcome of the financial equation a little.

What's the solution? Hard currency. Gold and silver.

European banks are rumored to be on a gold and silver buying spree.
The state of Utah recently passed a bill allowing gold and silver coins minted by the US mint to be used as currency (by weight, not face value) for payment of debts and taxes.

In view of the recent delay of Federal default, it would probably be a good idea to divest your portfolio of US savings bonds as well. Not a good investment in anyone's book.

Bank collapse or bank failures? I think not, at least for the foreseeable future.

Here's why.

Banks are now beginning to implement a delay of payment policy. It's evident now in the delay of electronic transfers. Some critics believe that an eventual five to ten working day delay will be normal. So if you pay your bills electronically, you may expect a delay of as much as TWO calendar weeks before money is actually transferred. Currently, currently mind you there is an existing delay of two to three business days which equates to a calendar week or more. I had one car payment take nearly two weeks to clear in June of 2011. Check the small print for YOUR bank to see what their policy is for transfer. Ultimately this rule would also apply for withdrawals in the lobby. For example, suppose you go inside your bank and as to withdraw a thousand dollars for your vacation. The delay of payment policy would require you to APPLY for withdrawal of your money and GET it five to ten business days later. It also creates the illusion of business as usual, even if it isn't. Bankers love that kind of thing.

CAUTION: Be careful and educate yourselves with regard to your bank policies. ALL OF THEM are in flux. Be alert, be vigilant, take nothing for granted.

I agree.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree too, rjp.

If people have money (paper) they would be better to convert it into something more valuable like gold, silver or platinum. The problem is that those above except silver are becoming unaffordable very quickly.
It is very disconcerting.
It seems that a lot of conspiracy theory is coming across into the mainstream news quite rapidly.
I recall when the financial elements of the 'zeitgeist' documentary were considered by very few.
Now, most people with any savvy will be aware that the financial system is faliing rotten to the core.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The more they print it the less it will be able to buy.....every dollar has debt with it. So eventually the dollar is going to become useless and as a result basic things are going to become too expensive to buy.

They already have an answer prepared for that. It's called a micro-chip implant. And even Andy Rooney of the TV program 60 Minutes has pushed for everyone receiving one.

What does that reveal about the concept of money? It shows what Greenspan said about money, that basically anything society agrees to use as a means of exchange can be used as money.

So it's not like the one-world government hosts plan to destroy the 'idea' of money, but instead to destroy the traditional methods and devices used as a means for exchange.

Per Bible prophecy, that method is going to be associated with idol worship of the dragon of Rev.13. And I believe each person will be given a choice to refuse or accept it.

The only way that chip can be prevented is if the majority of the people in the world reject it, and end the controls of the beast system. But that's not how the prophecy per God's Word is written, for God is Who That has already ordained these things to happen, so the majority of the world will eventually accept the 'mark' to keep the ability to buy and sell, which includes bowing to the coming dragon behind it.

So if the majority of people in the world accept the 'mark', and bow in false worship to the dragon, then what kind of position does that place those who refuse it in? It means not only will those behind the world system hate us for not receiving it, but so will that majority of peoples who do accept it.

What does the meaning of it ultimately point to?

It's a way of dividing peoples between those who trust in this world and its materialism, vs. God through His Son with the world to come right after these events.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I agree too, rjp.

If people have money (paper) they would be better to convert it into something more valuable like gold, silver or platinum. The problem is that those above except silver are becoming unaffordable very quickly.
It is very disconcerting.
It seems that a lot of conspiracy theory is coming across into the mainstream news quite rapidly.
I recall when the financial elements of the 'zeitgeist' documentary were considered by very few.
Now, most people with any savvy will be aware that the financial system is faliing rotten to the core.

I've been investing in gold and silver coinage over the past several years and I've noticed a change in the market.

Prices of gold or silver bullion are often posted, but do not reflect what private dealers are paying amongst themselves.

Silver-
I have invested in silver rounds - or US minted coins of .999 troy ounce silver. 1 ounce. The price of one of these things has gone from about $25 to an average of $40. In some cases, trading has topped out at $65 (from the mint) for a single silver ounce US minted coin.

The caveat to the silver market is that a lot of small collectors are dumping questionable coins onto the market. Coins of less than pure metal. Coins of less than 1 ounce. I never saw a 1/10 ounce silver coin before. Have you?

Gold-
The price of a 1 ounce gold coin hasn't changed much in the last six months. It still hovers around $1,800. I've quit going to local estate auctions because the whole market is nuts. Those events used to be a good place to get gold and silver, but the small investor has become panicked and the prices are artifically inflated.

A few years ago the price of a 1 ounce gold coin was $1,000. A half ounce was $500, quarter ounce $250 and a tenth ounce $100 or less. Easy, right? Not any more. Oddly, the price of a tenth ounce coin floats somewhere around $250, quarter once around $500, half ounce close to $1,500 while a one ounce coin is still stuck at $1,800. Does this make sense? Not really unless you realize that it indicates some sort of quiet financial panic.

Everybody has seen the establishment of a large number of gold buyers in their community. They are everywhere even on TV. Do you really want to put your GOLD in an envelope and mail it to somebody you don't know in the hope that they'll give you a fair price for it? hmmm

What is really of value? Paper money? Gold? Silver?

It used to be people.

People in our own families, people in church, people we worked with. Not any more. Families are spread out over hundreds and thousands of miles. They don't all live in the same town any more. People in church are dispassionate towards one another if not completely disregarding the needs of their own number. Last spring I spent three weeks trying to make an appointment to meet with the pastor of the church I attend. After three weeks of frustration I gave up. How about people in our community or our neighbors? I don't know about you but all my neighbors are armed as am I. How about that for mutual trust and affection? A Glock is worth more than a good friendship these days. How about work relationships - or maybe I shouldn't go there. Do you wear a Kevlar shirt under your jacket at work?

Then there's God, the single most dependable resource for anyone in hard times or good. But American society doesn't agree with that - leaving us to our own dwindling resources.

The dollar will continue to stretch even if the EU breaks up in coming weeks and months. An EU breakup might actually strengthen the dollar for a time and provide us with a false period of prosperity - time enough to pay off all our remaining debts and to fortify our positions completely........or just go on spending like there's no tomorrow.

Is the money of the twenty first century a fools game or what?

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
devaluing the dollar doesn't just happen. The fed does it to encourages trade, which theoretically increases jobs.

Politicians when they are trying to sell their idea or someone else’s no matter how bad it is, they say it’s a good thing……even if what they are saying contradicts what they were saying years before…..when we have a strong dollar they say that is good because is tell us that the economy is in good shape. When the dollar is weak they say that is good too. So I have heard that before when I was back home in Jamaica. The government deliberately devalued the Jamaican dollar and told us that it would encourage more tourist to come and increase earnings for the Country. But decades later the economy only got worse. They were acting as if tourism was Jamaica's only source for income outside the Country. So everything else suffered, while tourism grew and the wealth became concentrated in the hands of the owners, and in most cases went right back to the U.S in American banks.

So as the American dollar continues to fall we are going to be paying more and more for the things we buy. As price increase, people are going to spend less because their income will not be keeping up. That in turn is going create higher unemployment and the cycle continues. I thank God that I did not have to go through countless disappointments form believing all their promises in my early years to learn not to put my hopes and trust in politicians or the government.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Yes Buzz you can always find a politician or a government and a media that will sell there people or country down the drain.
We have a media and gov that are happy to paint a different story of the situation of some of the islander natives getting shafted due to other peoples money gods getting the upper hand. and the natives have got no hope of telling there point of view in depth.
And this is happening nowadays of the so called wonderful people worshiping there PC gods as the light of the world.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Yes Buzz you can always find a politician or a government and a media that will sell there people or country down the drain.
We have a media and gov that are happy to paint a different story of the situation of some of the islander natives getting shafted due to other peoples money gods getting the upper hand. and the natives have got no hope of telling there point of view in depth.
And this is happening nowadays of the so called wonderful people worshiping there PC gods as the light of the world.

The media and the government and even to some extent the entertainment industry work together to keep the people ignorant of what is really going on.