Don't fall for cool Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d never read the passage about David dancing naked in front of the Lord. Can you help me out because how do know it was naked? Where does it say he danced naked because I couldn’t find it? Have I missed it?
I'm sorry, I can not help you out, as I made a mistake.
I don't know why, I must have heard it somewhere..
But We got angels here keeping me on the right path Praise God!

Thank You
and sorry for the confusion
Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I can not help you out, as I made a mistake.
I don't know why, I must have heard it somewhere..
But We got angels here keeping me on the right path Praise God!

Thank You
and sorry for the confusion
Hugs

only asked because (unless I’m wrong) Samuel and another book give some of the same accounts with more details. thought maybe I had missed it. I’m glad you shared it though. Still think there is much there in his wife saw and was jealous.

Reactions: Ziggy

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus neither sought popularity or to be in style, so he didn't seek to be cool is the point I'm making. And to turn him into something cool might just backfire?

But he was cool by the fact that He didn't seek things and yes to me Christ is cool and to say He should be a certain way ids to place Him in a box of our own idea. If Christ wasn't cool to some, some would never come to know Him.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were not using wine for medicine at the Cana wedding. It was for the purposes of partying, and Jesus wanted it to continue. Some people seem to want to explain away Jesus' behavior because they can't handle the truth about Jesus.

Seen it many times, people hate to admit that the wine was Alcoholic, everything was back then. The master of the ceremony would know if the wine was not the best. Yes Jesus partied and drunk alcohol. Even St. Paul says to drink a little red wine to clam the stomach

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he was cool by the fact that He didn't seek things and yes to me Christ is cool and to say He should be a certain way ids to place Him in a box of our own idea. If Christ wasn't cool to some, some would never come to know Him.

The reason why I don't believe that is I've dealt with "cool" people all my life. And them that are cool tend to not engage with or help others unless it's done for show and is "cool". What's not "cool" cause people that are cool steer clear of such things.

When I help the homeless and mentally disabled it is very uncool, because those people just aren't typically cool people. How un-Christ-like is that? I've seen it over and over.

And I would go further and say, that you have to let go of being "cool" to proclaim the gospel correctly.

Luke 16:15

"And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God."

When I finally let go of being "cool" and liked by others, then I could be myself and not embarass the embarassed.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being cool isn't by how the world sees you, it's by how you see yourself. :cool:

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure "cool" is forgiving either. Take a look at the news and media. Once a person has been disgraced they are tagged and shamed. Never forgiven and allowed to return to duty, whether it be politics, actors, etc. We keep criminal records of people forever and never forgive, because it isn't popular. And who is cooler than the media, the singers, actors, politicians, etc?

And apparently it isn't cool to be a Trump supporter? I guess maybe it depends on which "click" you think is cool?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why I don't believe that is I've dealt with "cool" people all my life. And them that are cool tend to not engage with or help others unless it's done for show and is "cool". What's not "cool" cause people that are cool steer clear of such things.

When I help the homeless and mentally disabled it is very uncool, because those people just aren't typically cool people. How un-Christ-like is that? I've seen it over and over.

And I would go further and say, that you have to let go of being "cool" to proclaim the gospel correctly.

Luke 16:15

"And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God."

When I finally let go of being "cool" and liked by others, then I could be myself and not embarass the embarassed.

Well I will friendly disagree :)

Reactions: dev553344