Don't Unitarians deny that Jesus is God? What about eternal Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corrupted? You offer ZERO proof. It's your biased opinion VS our Bible.

There you go folks, Wrangler comparing the three stooges to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

No. I’m comparing rationalizations for the trinity to the 3 Stooges.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...

And you are not qualified to change it.

The word was an attribute of God - but not Jesus. This word of God became flesh - not God. I'm not changing it, just jettisoning the trinitarian foolish take on it. It is foolish because John 20:31 specifically says everything in his Gospel is to prove something other than you are attempting to use it for; namely, that he wrote to prove that Jesus was the Anointed One, not that he was God incarnate.

As far as your opinion of my qualifications; it means little to me. God endowed me with a brain and did not do so to forgo its use.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word was an attribute of God - but not Jesus.
Why are you making that up? Now you're saying Jesus didn't come in the flesh???
This word of God became flesh - not God.
You're calling God a liar!

"The Word was God"!

I'm not changing it, just jettisoning the trinitarian foolish take on it. It is foolish because John 20:31 specifically says everything in his Gospel is to prove something other than you are attempting to use it for; namely, that he wrote to prove that Jesus was the Anointed One, not that he was God incarnate.
You're not changing it?

"The Word was God" "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us".

As far as your opinion of my qualifications; it means little to me. God endowed me with a brain and did not do so to forgo its use.
What opinion? You have offered ZERO qualifications for yourself. You're not qualified to rewrite our Bible even if Kingdom Hall says you are.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're saying Jesus didn't come in the flesh???

No. I'm saying the Gospel of John is the most anti-trinitarian book of the Bible. The word was always God but never Jesus. In order to properly understand John 1:1, you must realize if fulfills Deuteronomy 18:15-18, where God prophesied through Moses that he would put his words into a man among them that he selects. Jesus is the fulfillment of this.

The passionate and willful misinterpretation of this verse shows how little Scriptural support there is for your doctrine. Words are WHAT's not WHO's. Jesus identified himself as a prophet (of God). All prophets speak the word of God. It does not make them God.

Jesus admitted he was sent by God. Jesus admitted he only said what God told him to say. And Jesus said his Father was the only true God. This one true God raised Jesus. The resurrected Jesus said he had not gone to his God. Finally, the word of God states in Revelation 1:1 that the resurrected Jesus in heaven received a revelation from God.

I know you say I am not qualified to remove what crap you step in but there it is. What matters to you is not the word of God but your idolatrous doctrine. You shall have no other god (like the trinitarian god) before me. NOTE: Singular pronoun in this explicit command.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I'm saying the Gospel of John is the most anti-trinitarian book of the Bible. The word was always God but never Jesus. In order to properly understand John 1:1, you must realize if fulfills Deuteronomy 18:15-18, where God prophesied through Moses that he would put his words into a man among them that he selects. Jesus is the fulfillment of this.

The passionate and willful misinterpretation of this verse shows how little Scriptural support there is for your doctrine. Words are WHAT's not WHO's. Jesus identified himself as a prophet (of God). All prophets speak the word of God. It does not make them God.

Jesus admitted he was sent by God. Jesus admitted he only said what God told him to say. And Jesus said his Father was the only true God. This one true God raised Jesus. The resurrected Jesus said he had not gone to his God. Finally, the word of God states in Revelation 1:1 that the resurrected Jesus in heaven received a revelation from God.

I know you say I am not qualified to remove what crap you step in but there it is. What matters to you is not the word of God but your idolatrous doctrine. You shall have no other god (like the trinitarian god) before me. NOTE: Singular pronoun in this explicit command.
Then Who was this God Who came in the flesh?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the word was not Jesus! No where in John 1:1 is Jesus even mentioned.
Verse 14 of that same chapter says the Word became flesh and lived among humanity. Who else can that possibly be but Jesus, considering John went on to state in his epistles that this same "Word" was someone who mentored all of the original disciples?
The word was an attribute of God - but not Jesus. This word of God became flesh - not God. I'm not changing it, just jettisoning the trinitarian foolish take on it. It is foolish because John 20:31 specifically says everything in his Gospel is to prove something other than you are attempting to use it for; namely, that he wrote to prove that Jesus was the Anointed One, not that he was God incarnate.
The inspired Greek uses the word "Logos" that is translated "the Word" in most bibles, but it actually means "Spokesman". The Word is clearly not an attribute of the Most High God but someone who has spent eternity speaking and acting on His behalf.

Jesus being a prophet that was sent by the Most High does absolutely nothing to contradict what the Bible teaches about Christ's own divinity. Jesus stated multiple times in Jhn 8 alone that He was the OT God, which prompted the Jews to attempt stoning Him to death. By that fact alone, unitarianism is equally as false a doctrine as trinitarianism. Calling yourself a "unitarian Christian" is an oxymoron on the basis that 1 Jhn 4 says whoever denies Jesus' divinity is actually opposing Him. Unitarians aren't just actively opposing Christ, they're calling Him an outright liar when He said He was the God that interacted with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus being a prophet that was sent by the Most High does absolutely nothing to contradict what the Bible teaches about Christ's own divinity.

No where does the Bible teach Jesus is divine.

The way we know Jesus is not God is that he died.

Trinitarians claim of Jesus divinity is so weak they have to resort to 1:1 of John, which does not even mention Jesus - or God becoming incarnate. None of John’s Gospel can be used to make this claim because John says it is all to prove something else; namely, that he is Gods Anointed.