Don't Unitarians deny that Jesus is God? What about eternal Hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about re-writing but ejecting trinitarianism interpretation onto unitarian text - which the whole Bible is. Funny thing, the Gospel of John is the most anti-trinitarian book of the entire New Testament.
You're trying to rewrite our Bible! You're not qualified!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to rewrite our Bible! You're not qualified!

No. I'm only pointing out the absurdity of trinitarianism through Scripture. "For us, there is only one God, the Father." Some magical way, trinitarians take this explicit statement of unitarianism to mean anything else. (There is not verse, for us, there is a 3 in one God made up of ...)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not simply Google, what unitarians believe. Rather than ask that question when the rules here warn against discussing Unitarianism?

I am a unitarian Christian, not affiliated with the church by that name, Unitarian-Universalism, who have been taken over by Pagans.

Reactions: APAK

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am a unitarian Christian, not affiliated with the church by that name, Unitarian-Universalism, who have been taken over by Pagans.
Unitarianism and Paganism are related. Both reject the Bible.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unitarianism and Paganism are related. Both reject the Bible.

I accept the Bible.

tenor.gif

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is that IS EXACTLY the trinitarian interpretation I'm talking about in John 6:60, the very same Greek word is properly translated as "this."
Ok, so you're trying to rewrite our Bible just like JW's do all the time!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so you're trying to rewrite our Bible just like JW's do all the time!

LOL. You value tradition over the word of God. So far, your entire basis is to rely on a verse that does not even mention Jesus but put everything on he word rather than this word, like John 6:60.

Guess what? Even if true, 2 do not a trinity make. So fierce is the devotion to the man-is-god thesis, trinitarians tend to pretend that any verse that could be taken to allude to it, has the Holy Spirit coming along for the ride.

Spirit is not a 3rd being but an attribute of the 1 being. The re-write was done by 4th century trinitarians. It’s just we see through it.

You can’t even admit the trinity is not in the Bible.

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. You value tradition over the word of God. So far, your entire basis is to rely on a verse that does not even mention Jesus but put everything on he word rather than this word, like John 6:60.

Guess what? Even if true, 2 do not a trinity make. So fierce is the devotion to the man-is-god thesis, trinitarians tend to pretend that any verse that could be taken to allude to it, has the Holy Spirit coming along for the ride.

Spirit is not a 3rd being but an attribute of the 1 being. The re-write was done by 4th century trinitarians. It’s just we see through it.

You can’t even admit the trinity is not in the Bible.
Of course not. I'm not going to call God of the Bible a liar. Don't you even know that "NAME" is singular? Of course you don't!
Matthew 28:19 (NKJV)
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not. I'm not going to call God of the Bible a liar. Don't you even know that "NAME" is singular?

I guess you place a lot of significance on this corrupted verse.

That is, you are reading your doctrine into dicta. If the verse read, “Go baptize in the name of Moe, Larry and Curly” that does not mean they are a triune God and that are salvation depends on believing it.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not simply Google, what unitarians believe. Rather than ask that question when the rules here warn against discussing Unitarianism?
If we believe in God the Father and Christ as his only begotten Son, how are we Unitarians? If the Holy Spirit is what God instills in us, through believing in him and accepting Christ as his only begotten Son, I don't see how the Holy Spirit is a God, but rather what God instills in us.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we believe in God the Father and Christ as his only begotten Son, how are we Unitarians?

Really? It’s all about believing only the Father is God. I believe in Aristotle. I believe in Napoleon. I believe in Jesus the Anointed (by God). I believe in President Trump.

I am a unitarian Christian. This means I believe Jesus’ God is the only God. See John 17:3.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? It’s all about believing only the Father is God. I believe in Aristotle. I believe in Napoleon. I believe in Jesus the Anointed (by God). I believe in President Trump.

I am a unitarian Christian. This means I believe Jesus’ God is the only God. See John 17:3.
And you’re free to believe what you just as I am, unless you’re living in China or North Korea.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you place a lot of significance on this corrupted verse.
Corrupted? You offer ZERO proof. It's your biased opinion VS our Bible.
That is, you are reading your doctrine into dicta. If the verse read, “Go baptize in the name of Moe, Larry and Curly” that does not mean they are a triune God and that are salvation depends on believing it.
There you go folks, Wrangler comparing the three stooges to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have numerous times in other threads. Just ignore the rest of what I wrote. If I offer the proof of the corruption of the verse, will you alter your belief system?
What you have proven is that you are trying to rewrite our Bible. I don't think you're qualified.