Dwelling of the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
So why did you chooes this faith? Who, or what was it about christianity that convinced you to become a christian? What words were spoken to you to compell you. What keeps you a christian?

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Yes my friend and also i am confused when people say, walk in the spirit, worship in the spirit, live in the spirit. How can sense the spirit in me? How can I operationally define how to sense the spirit within me?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
JIP, I am sorry but I am having trouble trying to figure out where you are coming from the stand you are making. Are you saying that you do not understand the Bible and what it is saying concerning the Spirit?

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(dgc;29683)
So why did you chooes this faith? Who, or what was it about christianity that convinced you to become a christian? What words were spoken to you to compell you. What keeps you a christian?
Ok so is this the approach I should take to talk to a non-believer??? Harass them with questions. If there is someone with patience to understand my questions I will be much obliged.Hmmm.... ?

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(setfree;29686)
JIP, I am sorry but I am having trouble trying to figure out where you are coming from the stand you are making. Are you saying that you do not understand the Bible and what it is saying concerning the Spirit?
I do hope I have understood the bible atleast to a little extend. I had spend quite some time studying the Word of God with a open, but broken and contrite heart. What I am talking about are things which people misquote or randomly say about the teachings of God. Very often we hear people say, 'God spoke to me' and what I wrote about the spirit above. Till today not one, when asked could give a straight answer.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
You want to know how you can tell the spirit is in you? How you walk, worship in the spirit?

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Yes and also how can I sense the Spirit in me?How can I pray in the spirit, how can I worship in the spirit. I hear people saying, "when I was reading the bible in the spirit", i wonder how this is achieved?

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
Forgive me if you think that I am haressing you that is not my intent. I have found that sharing my testimony with others whom do not know christ personally and sharing my experiences with God that this has proven to be my greatest source of witnessing his love. Often doors tend to open with these un belivers and myself. Some one once said "I went out to find a friend and found none. Then I went out to be a friend and found many. " That is why I asked all the questions. I enjoy hearing the testimonies and expierances.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
We can not understand the Bible without the Holy Spirit living within us. We can read it and get Bible facts, but not on a spiritual level. You have to accept Jesus as your savior before you can enter into His kingdom.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(dgc;29697)
Forgive me if you think that I am haressing you that is not my intent. I have found that sharing my testimony with others whom do not know christ personally and sharing my experiences with God that this has proven to be my greatest source of witnessing his love. Often doors tend to open with these un belivers and myself. Some one once said "I went out to find a friend and found none. Then I went out to be a friend and found many. " That is why I asked all the questions. I enjoy hearing the testimonies and expierances.
Yeah I know. And I know the frustration. I have been a christian for the last 25 years. Last one whole year I practically locked myself up in my room studying His Word day and night about 18 to 20 hours a day. I will post my testimony later here. What now surprises me is how people take advantage of the bible by saying stuffs not actually mentioned. This saddens me. I feel that if I love Jesus I should also take a stand for what He really said, when people come to me with these pseudo claims.I am sorry if sounded like I was impatient. Impatience is there but more is the shock how we are been misled.Be Blessed As Always

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
If anyone has been misled, expecially me, I would want to know. That is why I like the christian forums. They make me search the scripture more. I have learned a lot from others.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(setfree;29698)
We can not understand the Bible without the Holy Spirit living within us. We can read it and get Bible facts, but not on a spiritual level. You have to accept Jesus as your savior before you can enter into His kingdom.
I am sorry if I sound rude, but its things like you said, "not on a spiritual level', that I am unable to understand. What makes one think that he/she is in a spiritual level?Are we being brain-washed and repeating like a parrot what we heard in the pulpits? Or did God tell us to say such things?

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(setfree;29703)
If anyone has been misled, expecially me, I would want to know. That is why I like the christian forums. They make me search the scripture more. I have learned a lot from others.
Yes indeed very true setfree. I have the same satisfaction from the forums. We must search the truth with the Word as the only reference and basis. We dont have to accept anything that is said. People cannot send you to the lake of fire. You have to understand the bible and be able to convince people you talk to. Thats what I am trying to do.Sorry again.Be Blessed Always

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
JIP, All I know is when I accepted What God said in his word about Jesus his love for me. This did something inside, it touched me. I believed what I read, I also realized that without Jesus sacrifice for me I did not have any hope in this life. As I have read his word, grown in knowledge, Choose to obey what I understand, I feel Gods love in me, this is hard to explain. Yes, I have set under many preachers and accepted and repeated what they said. Later I realized it was not truth. I have recently prayed that the Holy Spirit teach me. The scriptures have come alive in my life, not by what man says but by what the spirit reveals to me in the Word of God. I can not answer for everyone else But my relationship with my spiritual father is REAL!!

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Amen. Similar here.I studied myself. I was like a recluse. Never went out. Only left my roomfor b'fast, lunch and dinner. The rest of the time I was in my room reading and studying the bible.Its then I realized the church was deceiving me. I started actually on March 19, 2007 and ended it 31 Dec 2007. I had gone thru' the bible countless times. I denied my self most of the worldly pleasures and comforts. I had practically no distractions. I did not deal in money at all. I didn't keep a penny with me. I didn't buy anything except have somebody buy me shaving blades and cream and toiletries.It was an awesome experience. But this did not make me a pundit or a holy one. I am the same with the knowledge that I believe that I can discern the Word of God if I compare the Word of God with nothing but the Word of God itself.I want to ask why people want to deceive us when they do it.I want to worship & praise God as He has asked me to do.Be Blessed Always.P.S. I have to go for lunch now. Be back after an hour.

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
Thank you JIP I am starting to understand your concerns more and more with every post. I fully agree with setfree I also prayed that the holy spirit teach me and have come to learn when you are worshiping God, in prayer are you not praying in the spirit when Every time you open the bible to read it is it not by the prompting of the Holy spirit and as you obey this prompting it becomes familuar to you and you begin to recognize (sense) it. Like a muscle the more you use it the stronger it (the sensing of the spirit) becomes. My first encounter with the holy spirit (Jesus) was when I was 17 and in a hospital with a broken neck resulting in me becoming a quad. with no hope for walking ever. 6 months later a man came in my room and prayed over me in jesus name then anointed my head and neck with oil and I was healed. These are the kind of expierences I am refurring to. My prayer shall be that God reveals the holy spirit to you in every fasion your heart desires. hopefully a new found friend

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Wow awesome testimony. Are you catholic by any chance?Well I know the existence of the Holy Spirit.I was talking about the spirit within us. The two are very different. And I wanted to knowif there is a way we could sense the spirit withinus as this what some say, as though they are sensingthe spirit within us. I did not ask to locate the siprit.I also did not ask what the spirit does. But till today no onecould tell me how I could sense my spirit but tell me I amsupposed to walk in my spirit, worship in my spirit, livein my spirit.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(Shan Missions;29466)
Once a believer has received the Holy Spirit, will He be going to stay in his/her life foever unconditionally, even when the believer is sinning against God?The following scriptures tell us about the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.Eze 36:27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.Joh 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.Rom 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.1Cor 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?1Joh 2:27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit just as it has taught you, remain in him.Again the following scriptures indicate that the Spirit can depart.Gen 6:3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."1Sam 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.Psa 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.What do you think?
John 14: 15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans;"​
The Holy Spirit comes from the Father. He is only known to those who have been given into Jesus care by the Father (John 10: 28) and once given can never be removed. The Holy Spirit resides in us.
26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.​
The Holy Spirit is our teacher. He connects us with Jesus as a constant reminder. He gives us peace and assurance.
Ephesians 1; 3 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.​
The Holy Spirit is our guarantor of salvation.There is only one way to lose your salvation and that is to grieve the Holy Spirit. This is because he is a person. He can be grieved. It isn't easy to do this. You have to consciously go out of your way to grieve the Holy Spirit. So for all intents and purposes we are saved once and for all.For those of you who believe otherwise, it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. I cannot convince you of this. You can only be convicted by the Holy Spirit.John grapples with so-called lost salvation.
1 John 2: 18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also. 24See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is what he promised us—even eternal life.​
You can't lose something that you never had. He says if they belonged they would have remained with us. Jesus says the same in John 10. He says that nobody can snatch Jesus' sheep from his hands and I believe him.Blessings,Dunamite