E. W. Bullinger

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

J.M.

Oct 28, 2007
I noticed a few pinned topics in the resource section that contained the works of Bullinger, the famous Acts 28 dispensationalist and wanted to share a few links that may be of interest. Hyperdispensationalism From Wikipedia“Hyper-dispensationalism” is characterized by making a sharp division between the ministry of Christ and that of the Apostles, and of further dividing Paul’s teaching from that of Peter and the other apostles.Within this movement they claim to be "true Bereans and rightly dividing the Word", but they are in fact wrongly dividing the Word of God and are not true Bereans.One of the inherent dangers of dispensationalism is that it can become easy to overly divide the Bible and see divisions and discontinuity where there shouldn’t be any.Wrongly Dividing the Word by H. A. Ironside is a short book addressing Bullingerism.A Study in Dispensationalism was written by A. W. Pink who was a former dispensationalist who latter retracted his dispey beliefs and then wrote against the wrong division of God’s people. If you would rather listen you can download his work from Sermon Audio.For a whole litany of dispensational articles you can visit MonergismPeace,JM

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
I do not know who were dispensationalists, and who are Not. Thank You for that information. I have many refference works including Bullinger's "Witness of the Stars," and "Number in Scripture," but am not a disensationalist Myself. So I thank You for that information. We all may use many refference works, in which we may not agree with some of what the author believes, which is why we have to cross refference with other materials as well, and make sure we are carefull what we take from these materials. I have and use a 2 volume O.T. "TWOT" ( theological Wordbook of the Old Testament ), as well as My 3 volume "Theological lexicon Of The Old testament," and My Brown Driver & Briggs BDG, and My "Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old testament, etc.., Because Gesenius for example was a non Trinitarian, and so on and so forth with other O.T. scholars -so I could utilise multiple volumes for research, As well as having several N.T. research books, and thus not rely only on a "Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New testament," for example, because Thayer was a Unitarian, etc.., So there is much danger in relying on our reference works, if we can not cross refference with other works indeed. So I thank You again for pointing out Bullinger was a dispensationalist, though I do not use His works much. However I think I have also been a good example of what not to do. Because I have been ill, I have not been reading to refresh My memory, or using study materials, but have been just comming up with ideas "On The Fly," to spur debate, and show possibilities, and have not been 100% behind some of the ideas I have thrown out there -just to show us we need to think outside the box, when we do not have a clear answer on certain issues, or I have percieved we do not, Because everyone in here expects us allways to be polished, and all our knowledge and theories are judged on our weakest points, instead of as individual and independant ideas. So I will have to eventualy "Clean Up," some of My posts with minor corrections, since I seemed to have breached "blog" proticol of being expected to be perfect all of the time, But the original post I am attaching to is correct in pointing out doctrinal areas we have to be aware of, from individuals who's works may be in our refference libraries. But at the same time, if I were to seek perfection, I would have to thin out My Library pretty well I imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Mike

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'll say that Bullinger was a very wise man in many degrees. I don't think you'll find anyone who agrees with everything the man side, myself included. However, if you're going to try to spend time running someone into the ground over a single doctrinal belief, then you're going to have a busy an unproductive life.The real trick is knowing Scripture and comparing it yourself - not because a website or book said so.