Earrings: studs, rings, pendants or plugs preferred? (plus poll)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For earrings do you prefer...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have seen a lot of males wearing all sorts of items of jewelry and clothing that are traditionally female. If that is their thing....
In the Bible male bondservants pierced their ear; in the east, male rulers did so also. If we go back far enough it really was common among both genders.

I guess you saw the poll?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Like I said, "If you want to do it, do so." I will always have reservations about why a man wants to wear women's things.
I guess while you might view it as inherently a female thing, I don't. (It's a bit like tattoos; today even more women do it than men.)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess while you might view it as inherently a female thing, I don't. (It's a bit like tattoos; today even more women do it than men.)
Same thing there. I grew up with tatts being a strictly male (and usually, lower-class) thing, and it just doesn't work for a female to have one. I doubt that will ever change for me.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Same thing there. I grew up with tatts being a strictly male (and usually, lower-class) thing, and it just doesn't work for a female to have one. I doubt that will ever change for me.
All I can say is that it's very different now; this is a quote from the Bible Belt:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I grew up with tatts being a strictly male (and usually, lower-class) thing, and it just doesn't work for a female to have one.
Well, a tasteful faith based one might in some circumstances at least be more mainstream than Charlie Brown for Christmas... (as per your comment on the other thread). :)