Earthquake in Los Angeles just now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI

Notable list of Major California Earthquakes
- Timeline for the past 10 years above 4.4 magnitude:
Ferndale

December 20, 2022 | M6.4
Antelope Valley
July 8, 2021 | M6.0
Westmorland
September 30, 2020 | M4.9
South El Monte
September 18, 2020 | M4.5
Lone Pine
June 24, 2020 | M5.8
Searles Valley
June 3, 2020 | M5.5
Ridgecrest
July 4, 2019 | M6.4
July 5, 2019 | M7.1
Borrego Springs
June 10, 2016 | M5.2
American Canyon (South Napa)
August 24, 2014 | M6.0
La Habra
March 28, 2014 | M5.1
Westwood
March 17, 2014 | M4.4
Ferndale
March 9, 2014 | M6.8

History of major quakes of M6.4 - M7.9
1850 - 1900 (2)
1900 - 1950 (5)
1950 - 2000 (7)
2000 - present (7)

As you can see, they have increased in frequency.
They are overdue for a big one, M6.7 or greater. Scientists predict that there is a 70% chance before the 2030.
Other scientists implied that a big one hadn't happened due to dry lakes
> less weight and pressure. But this past year, they had a record amount of rain which filled reservoirs. I guess the dry lakes near the fault lines would be the significant ones. ?

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it acts like a shield from falling objects, not sure whether a door frame would help much though, as it does not provide much protection.
They thought the door frame area provided extra support so told people to go there. Of course, being in California or at least Los Angeles, I'm not sure how strong construction really is!!

Talking about construction, many years ago my uncle studied welding. When he got a job, the supervisor wanted him to just hurry up, instead of doing a good, safe weld! He quit being a welder after that.

Reactions: Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That must be very frightening! The earth moving under your feet. I hope nobody was hurt. Where does one go for shelter from an earthquake??
There are new construction techniques that help structures withstand quakes.
But you never know.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are new construction techniques that help structures withstand quakes.
But you never know.
The old Catholic cathedral in downtown L.A. was damaged by an earthquake years ago.

They decided to build a new Cathedral...it is designed to withstand an eight point quake!

Btw, the old cathedral was bought, renovated and turned into a fancy restaurant.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tokyo was every day. Most of them you didn’t feel.
The worst thing I inherited from my Mom was motion sickness. I was in San Francisco eating dinner with clients at the top of a skyscaper. I got up, excused myself and headed to the elevator .......Man beside the elevator stated "Sorry, you can't use the elevator during an earthqake. My stomach flip flops calmed down when the building stopped swaying.

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old Catholic cathedral in downtown L.A. was damaged by an earthquake years ago.

They decided to build a new Cathedral...it is designed to withstand an eight point quake!

Btw, the old cathedral was bought, renovated and turned into a fancy restaurant.
If it has the architectural design that's classic for older cathedrals I bet that's one beautiful restaurant.

That's really something. A building that can withstand an 8 point quake. Wonderful.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn't surprise me if a chunk of CA went into the ocean.
This ol world aint seen nothing yet compared to the tribulations COMING .
When once the inquity has hit the full , GOD SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD . A fact that many might try and deny
but a fact that indeed will soon come to pass as i watch the inquity BLOWING through the roof and many now
no longer even hiding sins but celebrating them in the streets as SODOM once did .
My advice is very simple . FOLKS BETTER RUN TO CHRIST while there still be time to do so . The BIBLICAL ONE TOO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best thing to do is stay outside and look for shifts .....
Verily , verily the best thing to do is COME TO CHRIST and BE READY and WATCHING .
cause not one soul who denies HIM is gonna enjoy the time spent here , WHEN ONCE THE MASTER of THE HOUSE
has RISEN UP and Closed the door . Many will begin to beat upon the door
but HE will say from within , I NEVER KNEW YOU . Yeah , i say RUN TO CHRIST JESUS
cause in HE ALONE is our hope and our salvation .
DO BE ENCOURAGED BY THAT REMINDER NOW and let all know THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO GOD .
BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS . And be sure and let them know IT BETTER BE THE GOD and HIS CHRIST OF that bible .
cause no other jesus can save . Hurry , let all you know , KNOW that time is much shorter than folks think
and let all who name the name of CHRIST depart from inquity and be as those WHO WAIT FOR THEIR LORD .
DO be encouraged .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it has the architectural design that's classic for older cathedrals I bet that's one beautiful restaurant.

That's really something. A building that can withstand an 8 point quake. Wonderful.
This has a brief commentary and some photos of the old cathedral.

This is the new cathedral that can withstand an eight point quake. Brief video shows outside and inside. The plaza has three fountains....I love fountains. Used to sometimes go there to enjoy the scenery. There is a cafe and gift shop, too.

• Love
Reactions: ButterflyJones

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has a brief commentary and some photos of the old cathedral.

This is the new cathedral that can withstand an eight point quake. Brief video shows outside and inside. The plaza has three fountains....I love fountains. Used to sometimes go there to enjoy the scenery. There is a cafe and gift shop, too.

Thank you.
Have you dined at the former cathedral turned restaurant?

Reactions: Debp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Earthquake in Los Angeles just now​

it must have been the rapture.....ahhhhh, I mean rupture ......of something!

Reactions: Debp