Easter ? What are we celebrating?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but imo that is hardly the point. Celebrating any aspect of that is by def not celebrating Passover, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, the ignorant will surely be less punished, but I mean is that what we are going for here?

Ah so Let the blind lead the blind then I guess

It is not a sin to celebrate Easter as resurrection Sunday. It may be a sin to celebrate the pagan aspects that have creeped into the holiday. If you celebrate the Christian aspect and forsake the pagan aspect, I don't see anything wrong with the holiday whatdoever.

Also, for those who celebrate both pagan and Christian aspects, at least they are being exposed to the gospel on Easter. My pastor talks about CEO's Christmas and Easter Only Christians. These for the most part are not saved; but the celebration of Easter provides for an opportunity for them to get saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word used for 'Easter' in the KJV is pascha which is used as 'passover' 28 times and only once in the KJV. I am NOT bashing the KJV here, just showing you it is a poor rendering of the word in this one place in Acts of the Apostles 12:4.

Easter comes from Eostre, and the egg is symbolic of fertility. It has its origin in paganism. We should all remember the Christ's resurrection, but Acts 12:4 should be Passover and not Easter.
My point is that Easter is in the Bible if you hold the kjv to be a Bible.

You can try to contend that it is translated wrong all you want...I believe that in the end you will find yourself in the same camp as the Mormons....who say that the Bible is true only insofar as it is correctly translated...having no trust in the veracity of the Bible's message.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is not a sin to celebrate Easter as resurrection Sunday. It may be a sin to celebrate the pagan aspects that have creeped into the holiday. If you celebrate the Christian aspect and forsake the pagan aspect, I don't see anything wrong with the holiday whatdoever.

Also, for those who celebrate both pagan and Christian aspects, at least they are being exposed to the gospel on Easter. My pastor talks about CEO's Christmas and Easter Only Christians. These for the most part are not saved; but the celebration of Easter provides for an opportunity for them to get saved.
Oh great, more twice the sons of hell coming down the pipe lol, just what we need huh.

Jbf, change Scripture and then worship your change all you like ok, when you are ready Passover will be there waiting for you and your satanic lost pastor too I guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

You can try to contend that it is translated wrong all you want...I believe that in the end you will find yourself in the same camp as the Mormons....who say that the Bible is true only insofar as it is correctly translated...having no trust in the veracity of the Bible's message.
So iow you are retarded, and cannot read, jbf? Bc we can go dig up the verse in the original see, even if you cannot ok.

Obviously the Bible is true only insofar as It is correctly translated,
I mean are you saying that an incorrectly translated Bible is ok with you?
Ha I guess so huh. Ok, bye then

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So what, you love Easter too. Imelda loves love. If you want to persist in your ignorance then you will be forgiven, so I forgive you ok. But you will still reap from what you have sown
Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard [in a respectful, or even tolerating, manner] on your lips. Exodus 23:13, NIVSB
For everyone else

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh great, more twice the sons of hell coming down the pipe lol, just what we need huh.

Jbf, change Scripture and then worship your change all you like ok, when you are ready Passover will be there waiting for you and your satanic lost pastor too I guess
To me, Passover isn't missing from the passage, even if you translate pascha as Easter.

Why is it such a contention for so many people? it is the same time of year, maybe even the same day, that these two holidays occur.

Is it not because the devil was defeated by the resurrection?

Therefore he hates the holiday that celebrates it, and would seek to destroy an entire translation just so that it might not be celebrated anymore (of course he has other reasons for wanting to destroy the kjv, since it defeats him on so many levels where other translations don't).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard [in a respectful, or even tolerating, manner] on your lips. Exodus 23:13, NIVSB

imo, and let the blind believe what they like!

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It refers to holding one day above another, or every day alike. The sabbath is not specified there.

Do you really think God looks favorably on a Catholic created holiday based on paganism?

There are no holy days in the New Testament.

So celebrate you wish, just don't call it holy.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course the KJV is the Bible. Well, a translation. My fave. Not my only. And not "easter". Passover. These don't have to be fighting words, but do you want to know what is real? It's just a poor translation, that's all.

It doesn't have to mean that you can't celebrate Jesus' Resurrection if you want to. I enjoy it. I go to church as I do, and we sing, as we do, and share the word, as we do, but my family also takes it as an opportunity to get together for meal.

But no, we don't each chocolate eggs, only the dyed hen's eggs. Well, except my wife, she just adores those Cadbury Carmel Eggs. Yum!! I can't take the sugar. Cry!!

Passover was for the Jews. Never for the Gentiles. Easter was for pagans. Never for Christians.

I suppose the Christians want it all, Passover and Easter and Resurrection Sunday all rolled up into one.

Much love!
mark

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter was for pagans. Never for Christians.

I beg to differ. Easter, as it is celebrated towards acknowledging the resurrection, is for Christians.

These don't have to be fighting words, but do you want to know what is real? It's just a poor translation, that's all.

The kjv is the best translation out of them all by far. To the extent that where other translations differ from it, I hold it as authoritative and other translations as inferior.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ. Easter, as it is celebrated towards acknowledging the resurrection, is for Christians.

The kjv is the best translation out of them all by far. To the extent that where other translations differ from it, I hold it as authoritative and other translations as inferior.

Exactly how do you know that?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly how do you know that?
Let me just say that it is my experience that tells me this.

I started with the kjv; but someone suggested that I use a different translation, which I did. My walk with Christ went downhill from there, until I returned to the kjv, at which time things began looking up again concerning my walk with Him.

Someone with a hardened heart to the reality of this may try to attribute the changes in my walk to other factors; but I am pretty certain that it has everything to do with the fact that the kjv is better all-around, even the best translation out of them all.

To the extent that if you do not go by it, you are not walking down the narrow path that leads to life, Matthew 7:13-14.

That's just what I believe (see Hebrews 11:1). You can take it or leave it; leave it at your spiritual peril. Because just as the Lord bases eternal life on faith in Him, I base eternal life on accepting the full authority of the kjv; because it is the only version that accurately portrays sound doctrine to the extent that it will bring salvation in the final end. See 1Ti 4:16, Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.