Easter ? What are we celebrating?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rom 14:5, One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

I think that I am fully persuaded that Easter is a good holiday.

Yep...for a turkey meal and chocolate eggs :D

It is a pagan holiday at it roots...whitewashed for "christians"...check it out for yourself...

Reactions: Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christmas, etc. are all adaptions by Catholicism, a cult, from paganism. Done not to worship Christ but to absorb Pagan cultures into the Catholic Church.

The catholics whitewashed it and adopted it..
but didn't it go all the way back to Babylon ?

I thought it was connected to Astarte / Ishtar ?

I studied it all too many years ago...but forgotten all I leaned back then... lol

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I studied it all too many years ago...but forgotten all I leaned back then... lol

I already said it came out of Ishtar.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that the primary documentation very likely comes from Jehovah's Witness sources...not very credible from my pov.

Seriously...
My old dad, back in the 1960's when I was first born again..told me to never just believe what I was taught over some pulpit...but do all my research myself.

The next 20 years I studied every "excepted" tradition and doctrine.."to see if these things be so"

If you just want to believe what you have been told fine...no worries.
Enjoy your turkey and Easter Eggs :) I will.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My issue in all of this is that it is a subtle attack on the credibility of the kjv.

The kjv has the most accurate renderings according to what the Holy Spirit would want to minister.

I am not saying never look at another translation; but I am saying that the kjv is superior in every way to every other translation.

Where meaning is lost because of antiquated language, we can look at newer translations and find the reality.

But I would not exchange what the exhortation to "quit you like men" did for me for a trust in watered-down translations for the world.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter is a Catholic invention. An adaption of Ishtar worship.
It did not exist at the time of the apostles nor did the Catholic Church.
I am nondenominational so to me recognition of the birth, Life, death and resurrection of Jesus every day reality.
There are no holy days in the New Testament.
Unfortunately for YOU - I DESTROYED this moronic lie back in post #108 . . .

And in posts 127, 131, 133, 135, 137, etc. - I OPENLY challenged you to provide documented proof of your asinine claim that the Catholic Church didn’t start until 335 AD – and you have YET to answer the challenge.

Gee – WHY is that??
Is it because you are LYING – or because of some other reason??

will you EVER present the truth in one of your posts??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Once again - please address my response (Post #147) to YOUR false claims in post #146.
This Ishtar/Easter nonsense is based on an ignorant assumption that ALL ancient cultures spoke English.

MOST of this manure was invented by a 19th century anti-Catholic named Alexander Hislop, who wrote an anti-Catholic manifesto called, "The Two Babylons."

A 20th century Protestant scholar names Ralph Woodrow was so obsessed by Hislop's work that he wrote his own book based on Hislop's work called "The Babylon Connection". HOWEVER, after doing some actual research of his own - he discovered that Hislop made up most of his "facts".
Woodrow quickly pulled his book from print and now runs a website apologizing for having written the book.

Look - just because you are able to "Google" something - DOESN'T make it true.
I can google information about Jesus and the Apostles being gay - but that is just somebody's warped opinion - not a fact . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Pictures of “Jesus” Corrupt True Worship of Christ

This one MOST OF ALL…

Berean Beacon | "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." Isaiah 9:2

Why?

Because it is one whole LIE; there never was one moment of DAYLIGHT that the Cross of Jesus Christ stood without the body of the dead Jesus. This ‘picture of “Christ”’ images the falsified Scriptures of Sunday-Catholicism in Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50 John 19:31

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pictures of “Jesus” Corrupt True Worship of Christ

This one MOST OF ALL…

Berean Beacon | "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined." Isaiah 9:2

Why?

Because it is one whole LIE; there never was one moment of DAYLIGHT that the Cross of Jesus Christ stood without the body of the dead Jesus. This ‘picture of “Christ”’ images the falsified Scriptures of Sunday-Catholicism in Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50 John 19:31
More ignorant nonsense from ignorant and unstable sources who twist the Scripture to their own destruction (2 Pet. 3:16).

Exodus 2:4-6 is about the WORSHIP of images as GODS:
Exodus 20:4-6

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.”

This is about WORSHIPING false gods. This is NOT about the CREATION of images - otherwise God Himself would be guilty of breaking His OWN Law when He commanded Moses to create TWO GOLDEN CHERUBIM to place atop the Ark (Exod. 25:18).
He also commanded Moses to create a BRONZE SERPENT and place it on a pole so that those who gazed upon it would be healed (Num. 21:9).

If it were about the mere creation of images - virtually EVERY Protestant in the world with a Driver's License in their wallet would be guilty of violating this commandment, Einstein . . .

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for replying. I'm a practicing Christian, non-denominational. I wanted to share it to hear more thoughts. Clicking on the link is up to you. :)

But your link opened a web page where you ask for people to provide their information to you without any assurances of who you are. Because of that I cannot go further to read what it is that you are likely to put up on your web page.

Cherie Faye Mora

Mar 12, 2019
Burlingame
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But your link opened a web page where you ask for people to provide their information to you without any assurances of who you are. Because of that I cannot go further to read what it is that you are likely to put up on your web page.

Hi there! I understand your concern. You don't have to sign up or provide your e-mail, that's completely up to you. It was just a page with some information I wanted to share.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Cherie Faye Mora Easter (or whatever we call it) is late this year, isn't it? In some areas, Christians take the opportunity to use the public holiday for special meetings for Bible preaching and fellowship.