Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - the cup is available to the ENTIRE congregation.

Secondly - unleavened bread is unleavened bread. WHO told you that it had to be "sweet" bread?? Jesus instituted the Eucharist at the PASSOVER, where they ate unleavened bread - not donuts . . .

This is why I always warn you to do your homework before you open your mouth . . .

Why do you keep on telling lies?

Only Catholic priests drink wine at DuckDuckGo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about any of this when I mentioned rabbits. Anybody who has grown up in the United States knows that Easter eggs and bunny rabbits have always been associated with the celebration of Easter. Since Easter is supposedly to be about the resurrection of my Lord Jesus, why are eggs and bunny rabbits associated with this day, when as I said rabbits have always been a symbol of fertility. When our parents took us kids to celebrate Easter they colored eggs in different colors and hid them for us kids to find. Our parents bought chocolate bunny rabbits for their children. How does any of this have to do with the resurrection of my Lord Jesus Christ? This tradition of celebrating Easter came from somewhere. Where did it come from,
If you have a problem with Bunny Rabbits - then blame your parents and corporate America- not the Church.
The Church didn't invent any of the silly traditions surrounding Easter like chocolate bunnies or marshmallow Peeps or Cadbury Eggs, for that matter.

I gave you the origins for colored eggs during Easter. If you don't believe e - look it up. Don't simply believe every idiotic anti-Catholic rumor you hear just because you're too lazy to do your homework. It makes YOU look foolish for spreading lies . . .
I noticed you don't care about scripture. Those who are like you want to tell people that they have to go by what imperfect people say and what the scriptures say don't matter. The show us that there's only one day and way to celebrate/remember Jesus and it's about remembering Jesus death, but it seems you could care less about what the scriptures say.
Revelation 1:10 has nothing to do with the church celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. It's about the Apostle John being shown future things to come in signs.
First of all, Einstein - Rev. 1:10 talks about John being in the Spirit on "the LORD'S DAY". This is what the Early Church referred to Sundays as because it was a weekly commemoration of the Resurrection.

Secondly - YOU talk about ME not liking Scripture yet YOU are the one who abuses it.
I don't adhere to false, UNscriptural heresies like Sola Scriptura because they are rejected by Scripture itself (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18. Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23). YOU do.

Unlike YOU - I take God's Word seriously . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have a problem with Bunny Rabbits - then blame your parents and corporate America- not the Church.
The Church didn't invent any of the silly traditions surrounding Easter like chocolate bunnies or marshmallow Peeps or Cadbury Eggs, for that matter.

I gave you the origins for colored eggs during Easter. If you don't believe e - look it up. Don't simply believe every idiotic anti-Catholic rumor you hear just because you're too lazy to do your homework. It makes YOU look foolish for spreading lies . . .

First of all, Einstein - Rev. 1:10 talks about John being in the Spirit on "the LORD'S DAY". This is what the Early Church referred to Sundays as because it was a weekly commemoration of the Resurrection.

Secondly - YOU talk about ME not liking Scripture yet YOU are the one who abuses it.
I don't adhere to false, UNscriptural heresies like Sola Scriptura because they are rejected by Scripture itself (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18. Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23). YOU do.

Most assuredly Blame Catholicism, the eggs and all were from pagan practices they adopted into Catholicism.

Those practices predated America.

The Origin of the Easter Bunny & Colored Easter Eggs

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion and I assist the priests in distributing Holy Communion EVERY Sunday under BOTH species (consecrated Host AND the Cup).

Here are some photos of fellow Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion distributing the Blood of Christ.
So much for your idiotic FALSE accusations . . .

EucharisticMinisters-1.jpg
EM.jpg
euchminis.jpg

IMG_0784.JPG

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion and I assist the priests in distributing Holy Communion EVERY Sunday under BOTH species (consecrated Host AND the Cup).

Here are some photos of fellow Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion distributing the Blood of Christ.

EM.jpg
euchminis.jpg

IMG_0784.JPG

search

search

search

search

Doesn't surprise me but read the links allowing members to drink from the cup is not the common practice. I forget the exact words but it's by special dispensation?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EM.jpg
euchminis.jpg

IMG_0784.JPG
A little advice for you @CoreIssue . . .
DON'T do to "DuckDuckGo" for your Catholic information. Go to the Catechism, Einstein.

ALWAYS
go to the SOURCE . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't surprise me but read the links allowing members to drink from the cup is not the common practice. I forget the exact words but it's by special dispensation?
It's absolutely allowed.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR problem is that you spout off without doing your homework and you get caught with BOTH feet firmly stuck in your mouth . . .

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's absolutely allowed.
Not meaning to be a funny guy, but when? I mean, could I walk up to the extraordinary Minister and say, "top me off with some of that" during Mass?

And would that make me an extraordinary receiver?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not meaning to be a funny guy, but when? I mean, could I walk up to the extraordinary Minister and say, "top me off with some of that" during Mass?

And would that make me an extraordinary receiver?
No - it would make you a disrespectful idiot.
But, I'm sure you won't be doing that any time soon . . .

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't adhere to false, UNscriptural by Scripture itself (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18. Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23). YOU do.

Unlike YOU - I take God's Word seriously . . .

When the scriptures say John in the spirit and in the Lord's day I don't believe it's talking about some Sunday, it's talking about John being taken to the second presence/coming of Jesus Christ, that's the Lord day it's talking about. These future things that he sees in signs are going on in the Lord's day which is the second presence/coming of Jesus Christ.

I have no problems with bunny rabbits I have problems with people who say Easter eggs and bunny rabbits have anything to do with my Lord Jesus Christ resurrection.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Marksman,

You don't celebrate Christmas? You don't attend Christian weddings?? :(

Are you married?

Curious Mary

No, we give Christmas a miss. I attend the weddings of Christians. I attended my own which happened nearly 50 years ago.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL.... your aforementioned "concrete evidence" way of deciding if something is true or not is the DICTIONARY DEFINITION of "theory"

Soooooo how is it that you "avoid theories" o_O

Your killing me Marksman....killing me with laughter.....:rolleyes:

Good, we need more gay people.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the scriptures say John in the spirit and in the Lord's day I don't believe it's talking about some Sunday, it's talking about John being taken to the second presence/coming of Jesus Christ, that's the Lord day it's talking about. These future things that he sees in signs are going on in the Lord's day which is the second presence/coming of Jesus Christ.
WRONG.

The Early Church referred to Sunday as "The Lord's Day" . . .
From the 1st century document, The Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles), which was written while most of them were still alive:
"But every LORD'S DAY gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving";

From Ignatius of Antioch's Letter to the Magnesians, written in about 107 AD. Ignatius was a disciple of the Apostle John:
"If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of THE LORD'S DAY, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death ..."

From Dionysius, Bishop of Corinth, we read in his Letter to the Roman Church (170 AD):
"Today we have kept THE LORD'S HOLY DAY (kyriake hagia hemera), on which we have read your letter."

Cyprian of Carthage from the Early 3rd century:
For because the eighth day, that is, the first day after the Sabbath, was to be that on which the Lord should rise again, and should quicken us, and give us circumcision of the spirit, the eighth day, that is the first day after the Sabbath, and THE LORD'S DAY, went before in the figure;

Once again - simple study of history slams the door SHUT on your lies because you're too lazy to do your homework . . .
I have no problems with bunny rabbits I have problems with people who say Easter eggs and bunny rabbits have anything to do with my Lord Jesus Christ resurrection.
And there you go lying again . . .

And I never said that bunny rabbits had anything to do with Easter. That's just a chap diversionary tactic of yours so that the attention is taken away from your woefully-ignorant comments about everything else. I did, however, give you a history lesson on the tradition of the painted Easter egg and it's very Christian origins.

It's probably better that you stop lying now because I'll just expose you every time you do . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we give Christmas a miss. I attend the weddings of Christians. I attended my own which happened nearly 50 years ago.
Did you slip a ring on your wife's finger when you married her?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You participate in some traditions but not others....hmmmmm!!

BTW...your picture shows two cats "cuddling" but the caption reads something about your granddaughter.....Just FYI....:rolleyes:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

From the 1st century document, The Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles), which was written while most of them were still alive:
"But every LORD'S DAY gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving";

From Ignatius of Antioch's Letter to the Magnesians, written in about 107 AD. Ignatius was a disciple of the Apostle John:
"If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of THE LORD'S DAY, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death ..."

From Dionysius, Bishop of Corinth, we read in his Letter to the Roman Church (170 AD):
"Today we have kept THE LORD'S HOLY DAY (kyriake hagia hemera), on which we have read your letter."

For because the eighth day, that is, the first day after the Sabbath, was to be that on which the Lord should rise again, and should quicken us, and give us circumcision of the spirit, the eighth day, that is the first day after the Sabbath, and THE LORD'S DAY, went before in the figure;

Once again - simple study of history slams the door SHUT on your lies because you're too lazy to do your homework . . .

And I never said that bunny rabbits had anything to do with Easter. That's just a chap diversionary tactic of yours so that the attention is taken away from your woefully-ignorant comments about everything else. I did, however, give you a history lesson on the tradition of the painted Easter egg and it's very Christian origins.

It's probably better that you stop lying now because I'll just expose you every time you do . . .

Still not listening to me, I said I have a problem with anyone associating easter eggs and bunny rabbits with Easter if Easter we're truly about
WRONG.

In the Lord’s Day

The apostle Paul refers to the Lord's Day as a time of judgment and of fulfillment of divine promises. (1 Corinthians 1:8; 2 Corinthians 1:14; Philippians 1:6, 10; 2:16) With the arrival of that “day,” Jehovah’s grand purposes move progressively toward their climax. That “day” begins with the crowning of Jesus as heavenly King. Even after Jesus executes judgment on Satan’s world, the Lord’s day continues, with the restoration of Paradise and the perfecting of mankind, until Jesus finally “hands over the kingdom to his God and Father.”—1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Revelation 6:1, 2.

The fulfillment of other Bible prophecies helps us to see when the Lord’s day begins. For example, Daniel described a chopping down of rulership in the line of King David; after “seven times” it would be known “that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind, and that to the one whom he wants to he gives it.” (Daniel 4:23, 24, 31, 32) The major fulfillment of that prophecy started with the desolating of the kingdom of Judah, which is indicated by Bible evidence to have been completed by October 607 B.C.E. This is when the time of the gentiles began. Revelation 12:6, 14 shows that 3 1/2 times amounts to 1,260 days; hence, seven times (twice that number) must be 2,520 days. Reckoning “a day for a year,” we arrive at 2,520 years as the duration of the “seven times.” (Ezekiel 4:6) Therefore, Christ Jesus began his heavenly rule in the latter part of 1914. The erupting of the first world war in that year marked “a beginning of pangs of distress” that have continued to plague mankind. Since 1914, how remarkably events in this bloodstained earth have confirmed that year to be the start of the “day” of Jesus’ presence!—Matthew 24:3-14.

Hence, this first vision and the counsel it contains are for the Lord’s day, from 1914 onward. This timing is supported by the fact that, later in Revelation, the record describes the execution of God’s true and righteous judgments—events in which the Lord Jesus plays an outstanding part. (Revelation 11:18; 16:15; 17:1; 19:2, 11) If the fulfillment of the first vision began in 1914, when does it end? As the messages themselves show, the organization addressed is God’s congregation of anointed ones on earth. The fulfillment of this first vision ends, then, when the last faithful member of that anointed congregation dies and is raised to heavenly life. Nevertheless, the Lord’s Day, with blessings to the earthly other sheep, continues till the end of Jesus Christ’s Millennial Rule.—John 10:16; Revelation 20:4, 5.