Easter's Importance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread needs to be closed due to the overwhelming false narratives from made-in-America bible clubs with their senseless uncharitable Catholic bashing.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not one of those passages speak of easter Bread. What version are you using? The KJV is speaking of Jesus' death and resurrection in those passages. Perhaps you can copy paste your version that speaks about easter. It may be that you are not familiar who easter is, her identity is available if you Google it Bread.
Yes, by all means. Search in unbiased sources explaining word origins. But you won't do that because it takes too much work. I hope one day you will wake up to the truth that the Eucharistic Sacrifice at the Last Supper is one and the same sacrifice as the Crucifixion.
You and Gerhard won't accept Protestant sources explaining word origins so what is left we can appeal to? Your best shot is to disassociate Jesus' death and resurrection from the Eucharistic Sacrifice, THAT FULFILS PASSOVER!!!
BofL post flew over your head like a 747.

Within 60 years after Luther's nail job, there were 200 conflicting interpretations of "This Is My Body", deviating from what was never challenged for 11 centuries. I'm wondering which of the 200 interpretations you have branched from.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Responses like this always make me chuckle in their emptiness.

I lay out a solid linguistic argument for Easter that destroys your "pagan goddess" nonsense - and the only thing YOU can respond with is "Nuh-uhh!!"

Ummmmm, talk about
desperation . . .
Though like a goddess in Catholicism I could speak with the tongue of fallen angels and linguistically argue for Easter - I'd have but destroyed myself with my pagan nonsense.

Reactions: amigo de christo

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, by all means. Search in unbiased sources explaining word origins. But you won't do that because it takes too much work. I hope one day you will wake up to the truth that the Eucharistic Sacrifice at the Last Supper is one and the same sacrifice as the Crucifixion.
You and Gerhard won't accept Protestant sources explaining word origins so what is left we can appeal to? Your best shot is to disassociate Jesus' death and resurrection from the Eucharistic Sacrifice, THAT FULFILS PASSOVER!!!
BofL post flew over your head like a 747.

Within 60 years after Luther's nail job, there were 200 conflicting interpretations of "This Is My Body", deviating from what was never challenged for 11 centuries. I'm wondering which of the 200 interpretations you have branched from.
Wonder on, Popes' puppets, your feet cannot get dirtier air-trampling.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though like a goddess in Catholicism I could speak with the tongue of fallen angels and linguistically argue for Easter - I'd have but destroyed myself with my pagan nonsense.
Not sure what that means.
However, I welcome any intelligent rebuttal to my argument.

Doesn’t sound like you had one . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Though like a goddess in Catholicism I could speak with the tongue of fallen angels and linguistically argue for Easter -
But you fail to prove linguistic facts "speak with the tongue of fallen angels". Demonizing facts is self-destructive.
I'd have but destroyed myself with my pagan nonsense.
No, you further destroy your stupid pagan nonsense with more baseless insults.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is one: I hate Roman Catholics just because they are such BAD bigots.
And therein lies the entire reason for your presence on this thread.
It is certainly NOT because you had an intelligent point . . .

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAQ: I'm considering joining the Catholic Church. Would it be a mistake?

REPLY: Roman Catholicism is a very beautiful religion; but it isn't easy.

Once someone is fully committed by completing First Holy Communion and
Confirmation and undergone Christian baptism --God will be holding them accountable
to comply with everything Rome teaches and stands for, e.g. the Commandments, the
Canon Law, the dogma, the rituals, the Traditions, the Councils, the Bulls, the
Encyclicals, the rites, the holy days of obligation, and the entire Catechism; plus
everything that Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament, i.e. all four
gospels and all twenty-one epistles, plus Acts and Revelation.

That's a lot to remember, let alone put into practice.

And then there's the matter of mortal sin. When Catholics leave this life with just one
mortal sin on the books awaiting absolution, just one, they go straight to Hell. It's a
direct flight; no stopover in a Purgatory. Even if a Catholic managed to be a top
performer in faith and practice for fifty years, none of that will be taken into
consideration. They will leave this life as if they'd been a pagan the whole time. Mortal
sins are that lethal.

The paragraph below from CCC 1782 of the catechism of the Catholic Church;
acknowledges everyone's rights and freedoms in regard to selecting a religion of their
own personal choice.

"Man has the right to act in conscience, and in freedom, so as personally to make moral
decisions. He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be
prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters
."

However, be aware that once someone joins the Catholic Church, they will have to
relinquish those rights and no longer be permitted to either interpret, or apply, the Holy
Bible's teachings sans hierarchy oversight per CCC 85 which says:

"The task of giving an authentic interpretation of the Word of God, whether in its written
form or in the form of Tradition, has been entrusted to the living teaching office of the
Church alone. Its authority in this matter is exercised in the name of Jesus Christ." This
means that the task of interpretation has been entrusted to the bishops in communion
with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome.
"

Bottom line: Catholicism isn't a democratic structure-- it's more like Big Brother in
George Orwell's novel "Nineteen Eighty-Four". I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad
thing; only saying that it's a level of governance that some folks find a mite too
controlling.

NOTE: The Almighty isn't a political appointee like members of the US Supreme Court,
viz: He isn't biased towards the left or to the right, i.e. the justice of God is fair across
the board regardless of age, race, gender, and/or religious preference; so that joining
The Church grants no one a certain amount of special consideration. I grew up in
Catholicism, and for many years was under the impression that my affiliation with The
Church would give me an advantage, but I was wrong. (cf. Luke 12:47-48, Rom 2:6-11,
and 1Pet 1:17)

And the irony of it all; the supreme irony, is that Catholicism's hierarchy-- its priests,
nuns, Popes, and Cardinals, etc. --are in just as much danger of failing to make the cut
as John Que and Jane Doe rank and file pew warmers; in point of fact: according to
Luke 12:47-48, and Jas 3:1, they may be in greater danger because their responsibility
is greater.
_

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAQ
: I'm considering joining the Catholic Church. Would it be a mistake?

: Roman Catholicism is a very beautiful religion; but it isn't easy.

Once someone is fully committed by completing First Holy Communion and
Confirmation and undergone Christian baptism --God will be holding them accountable
to comply with everything Rome teaches and stands for, e.g. the Commandments, the
Canon Law, the dogma, the rituals, the Traditions, the Councils, the Bulls, the
Encyclicals, the rites, the holy days of obligation, and the entire Catechism; plus
everything that Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament, i.e. all four
gospels and all twenty-one epistles, plus Acts and Revelation.

That's a lot to remember, let alone put into practice.

And then there's the matter of mortal sin. When Catholics leave this life with just one
mortal sin on the books awaiting absolution, just one, they go straight to Hell. It's a
direct flight; no stopover in a Purgatory. Even if a Catholic managed to be a top
performer in faith and practice for fifty years, none of that will be taken into
consideration. They will leave this life as if they'd been a pagan the whole time. Mortal
sins are that lethal.

The paragraph below from CCC 1782 of the catechism of the Catholic Church;
acknowledges everyone's rights and freedoms in regard to selecting a religion of their
own personal choice.

"Man has the right to act in conscience, and in freedom, so as personally to make moral
decisions. He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be
prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters
."

However, be aware that once someone joins the Catholic Church, they will have to
relinquish those rights and no longer be permitted to either interpret, or apply, the Holy
Bible's teachings sans hierarchy oversight per CCC 85 which says:

"The task of giving an authentic interpretation of the Word of God, whether in its written
form or in the form of Tradition, has been entrusted to the living teaching office of the
Church alone. Its authority in this matter is exercised in the name of Jesus Christ." This
means that the task of interpretation has been entrusted to the bishops in communion
with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome.
"

Bottom line: Catholicism isn't a democratic structure-- it's more like Big Brother in
George Orwell's novel "Nineteen Eighty-Four". I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad
thing; only saying that it's a level of governance that some folks find a mite too
controlling.

NOTE
: The Almighty isn't a political appointee like members of the US Supreme Court,
viz: He isn't biased towards the left or to the right, i.e. the justice of God is fair across
the board regardless of age, race, gender, and/or religious preference; so that joining
The Church grants no one a certain amount of special consideration. I grew up in
Catholicism, and for many years was under the impression that my affiliation with The
Church would give me an advantage, but I was wrong. (cf. Luke 12:47-48, Rom 2:6-11,
and 1Pet 1:17)

And the irony of it all; the supreme irony, is that Catholicism's hierarchy-- its priests,
nuns, Popes, and Cardinals, etc. --are in just as much danger of failing to make the cut
as John Que and Jane Doe rank and file pew warmers; in point of fact: according to
Luke 12:47-48, and Jas 3:1, they may be in greater danger because their responsibility
is greater.
_
As I told you in my last post - it was your ignoamce f the Catholic faith that drove you away - and this post is just more evidence of that.

YOUR claim that simply because the Church is the the guardian and interpretor of Scripture doesn't mean that we DON'T have interpretational freedom is dead wrong. MUSH of the Bible is not officially interpreted and we are free to interpret it as guided ny the Holy Spirit.
HOWEVER, this doesn't give one license to invent new or personal doctrines - and that's where your Protestant Fathers went wrond.

And Catholics are NOT required to memorize evry Canon dogma, ritual, Tradition, the Council, Bull, Encyclical, Rite or the entire Catechism. We have the Church to guide us through those things (Matt. 28:19-20).
That's wheere YOU missed the boat. Instead of leaning on your faith and inquiring about it - you simply ran away.

Finally - Jesus NEVER said that His Body was a "democratic structure".
It's a KINGDOM . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told you in my last post - it was your ignoamce f the Catholic faith that drove you away - and this post is just more evidence of that.

YOUR claim that simply because the Church is the the guardian and interpretor of Scripture doesn't mean that we DON'T have interpretational freedom is dead wrong. MUSH of the Bible is not officially interpreted and we are free to interpret it as guided ny the Holy Spirit.
HOWEVER, this doesn't give one license to invent new or personal doctrines - and that's where your Protestant Fathers went wrond.

And Catholics are NOT required to memorize evry Canon dogma, ritual, Tradition, the Council, Bull, Encyclical, Rite or the entire Catechism. We have the Church to guide us through those things (Matt. 28:19-20).
That's wheere YOU missed the boat. Instead of leaning on your faith and inquiring about it - you simply ran away.

Finally - Jesus NEVER said that His Body was a "democratic structure".
It's part of His KINGDOM . . .

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is off the subject of but I think it's something that needs saying from
time to time.

Internet forums have given many of Christ's obscure followers a convenient
venue for sharing their time-won knowledge and experience with a
worldwide audience. For the world's sake (if not Christ's) I highly
recommend making an effort to compose legible posts; neatly arranged,
sensible, coherent, and tidy.

Excessive bolding, underscoring, lack of adequate paragraphing,
rude emogies,
horrible grammar, confusing mixtures of fonts and colors, and/or shouting
with caps and oversize letters, makes for tiresome clutter and annoying graffiti
that leave a bad impression.

Some people's posts resemble the obnoxious placards of worked-up
protesters and political activists; yelling, shrieking, and sometimes even
spraying spittle. They are beyond reason and objectivity in their desperation
to be taken seriously. Apparently they assume that if only they shout loud
enough, make themselves irritating enough, and hold out long enough;
maybe they'll get their point across and somebody will finally listen.

I rather suspect that some people regard forums as a canvas for painting
their comments instead of composing them. Well; that might be okay for
outsiders, they can scrawl and splash and be as messy as they want because
their comments don't matter anyway. But for those of us who honestly
believe ourselves to be representing God's son; that kind of penmanship is
unacceptable because it reflects on Christ and makes him look like his
followers are desperate kooks.

Phil 1:27 . . Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
_

Status
Not open for further replies.