End time predictions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am curious as to how you came up with 371 days upon the ark.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month ...

Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dry.

2/17/600 - 2/27/601

The months are lunar.

The count, would be from 2/17/600 - 2/16/601 with a remainder of 11 days.

12 months * a mean of 29.53 = 354.36 + 11 days = 365.36 days upon the ark.

Noah was upon the ark for a solar year.

I Googled it and found an answer at ask the Bible girl dot com. Much of my current eschatology is riding on her good scholarship. Even if i did do the heavy lifting myself, I would still Google the heck out of it for verification purposes.

On my first search page I found numbers like these:

I think the 378 number includes the seven days that Noah was sealed in the ark before the flood began. Your 365 day number would also work but would mean great tribulation would begin January 5/6, instead of New Years eve. The 371 number has a much better logical fit with the "darkened" sun.

Arkonararat

I'm also looking at this thing pompadour said about the season of the locust, May through September, I Googled that one too.

Some thing for you to ponder is the statement Jesus made in Mat 24 mark 13 and luk 21 about the end time. ( But for the elect sake those days have been shortened ) Past tense. The decision has been made back then.
Then in Rev. I think it's 9 or 12 It talks about 5 months and the season of the Locust. May through Sep. ( also 5 months )
Daniels 7 yr trib. may have been changed to 5 months. Things could go down very quickly.

We could have the first four trumpets, 1) January, 2) February, 3) March, 4) April. Then the 5th trumpet from May through September. Finally, the four angels are released October through December and the Fig Tree sheds it's winter fruit during the first week of January.

Things could go down very quickly. The last three months would be insane.

BTW: Welcome to CB Dave Watchman.

Thank you Richard.
Peaceful Sabbath.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>

I think the 378 number includes the seven days that Noah was sealed in the ark before the flood began.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. 13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark

<snip>

Thanks, that explains the 371/378. However, a "year", was NOT 360 days. The whole 360 day year thing is doodoo from my perspective.

Also, the one year later plus 10 days as in the link, is not correct. That would be 2/17/600 - 2/17/601. One year would be 2/17/600 - 2/16/601, which would leave 11 days. Consider the calendar year, it is 1/1/17-12/31/17, not 1/1/17-1/1/18, That would be a year and a day.

Five consecutive lunar months, can be 150 days even though the mean lunar month is 29.53xxxx days. It is rare, but it does occur, especially when using a visually confirmed calendar. So the neither 378 as upon the link, nor 371, hold up from my perspective.

I have snipped most as I do not agree, but then again, I don't agree with most concerning such, so don't take it personal. I find that while I am not an absolute preterist, I am definitely not a futurist, and particularly not an extreme futurist as I see of some around here. However, I do appreciate your response.

<snip>

Thank you Richard.
Peaceful Sabbath.

Shabat shalom.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was only given one prophesy, When I was 10 years old, The Holy Spirit told me I will be alive when Jesus returns.
I am 75 years old, truly there can't be much time left.

Well, thank you for sharing this, and Blessings in Peace.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was about 10 at the time. I was standing in the street in front of my house, summer time. I got hit by a strong gust of wind
( the Holy Spirit comes like a mighty rushing wind ) that come from behind me and from above me. When it hit me I ducked because it startled me. I saw that the wind did not blow up any dust on the street. so I turned around to see where the wind came from. that is to say that is what I tried to do. but I was stuck crouched over, I tried to stand up and turn around but I could not move. Then I heard a voice say ( You will be alive when Jesus returns ) Then I felt like some one took a heavy weight off of my shoulders. Then I stood up and felt as lite as a feather. Then I was filled ( like over stuffed ) with joy peace and happiness. There are no words to describe the feeling. Then that faded a way and then my hole body tingled, like when your hand or foot fall asleep.
Not some thing I just dreamed up. Like I said I could tell many story's about how I could have and should have died, But God will keep His word. .

God will keep His Word, you know that. Thanks for sharing this testimony. God deals with us all in His Different Ways, and He sure wanted to get your attention. He chose to give you this information for a reason, for His Good and maybe for your own peace of mind or comfort, in some ways.

He gave me personal Instruction at a young age, too. I am very, very thankful that He did.

I felt a big, overwhelming JOY and PEACE during my Baptism, about age 50. Glad that I made the choice as an adult to get Water Baptized...I felt a tug on my heart to do it, a gentle leading in my mind...I was Blessed with a little slice of Heaven - I can't describe the Feeling, but longed for it immensely to come back after it left...oh, how I wanted that "Mountaintop Experience" once again.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will keep His Word, you know that. Thanks for sharing this testimony. God deals with us all in His Different Ways, and He sure wanted to get your attention. He chose to give you this information for a reason, for His Good and maybe for your own peace of mind or comfort, in some ways.

He gave me personal Instruction at a young age, too. I am very, very thankful that He did.

I felt a big, overwhelming JOY and PEACE during my Baptism, about age 50. Glad that I made the choice as an adult to get Water Baptized...I felt a tug on my heart to do it, a gentle leading in my mind...I was Blessed with a little slice of Heaven - I can't describe the Feeling, but longed for it immensely to come back after it left...oh, how I wanted that "Mountaintop Experience" once again.

Tammy. I'm pleased that it touched your heart. I try to tell every one that will listen." Shout it from the roof top " It happened 66 yrs ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. What was your instruction, If I may ask?
God bless. Pomp.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will have to answer that another time, soon...but I recently did, on another thread...right now, like I just posted on yet another thread (IDK, it might even be the same one, but much further down), the Lord had given me a vision of my own death, and though I am I nobody special, I told a poster to PLEASE take heed, as the poster thought that there was another 1,050 years to go.

I have to sign off soon, so God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well sorry to hear about the elder in your church. I'm not convinced, I'm positive. I could tell story after story how I could have died many times but I'm still here. this is not just some thing I just dreamed up. If you are interested I can tell you how it came about.
God sent out his word and it will not return unto him void, but will accomplish what He sent it out to do.
Amen! Amen! Amen!

Do you know God did exactly the same to me...not the same as what he said to you....only I can’t share at the moment what he said to me...I hope to soon, because all Glory will go to God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was about 10 at the time. I was standing in the street in front of my house, summer time. I got hit by a strong gust of wind
( the Holy Spirit comes like a mighty rushing wind ) that come from behind me and from above me. When it hit me I ducked because it startled me. I saw that the wind did not blow up any dust on the street. so I turned around to see where the wind came from. that is to say that is what I tried to do. but I was stuck crouched over, I tried to stand up and turn around but I could not move. Then I heard a voice say ( You will be alive when Jesus returns ) Then I felt like some one took a heavy weight off of my shoulders. Then I stood up and felt as lite as a feather. Then I was filled ( like over stuffed ) with joy peace and happiness. There are no words to describe the feeling. Then that faded a way and then my hole body tingled, like when your hand or foot fall asleep.
Not some thing I just dreamed up. Like I said I could tell many story's about how I could have and should have died, But God will keep His word. .
This is a lovely testimony..to the Living/ seed / word of God.

So true...his word will never return void and it Always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

Hallelujah!!..and Praise God.....

Edit to add...the seed that was planted in Mary’s womb...Gods seed...always blows my mind, when I think about it.

Reactions: pompadour

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These were my predictions based on my understanding of biblical prophecy.I'm sorry I can't tell you the day or hour of Christ's return.That just one of those things I don't know.

I am sorry to say but you do NOT have an understanding of bible prophecy. You lack spiritual discernment because you are trying to make speculations based on your carnal prediction of world events. The Bible belongs to God's interpreation and we need to find it right in His Word. Not comparing the Bible with the world news, Jersualem Post, FoxNews, or popular science.