End time predictions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1)a clever way of relating that the event happens differently for everyone, and even may not happen for everyone, couched in language that recognizes that many people sought then and still seek now a literal application, a "sign," a manifestation of the Spirit into the physical realm, without their having to do any work for it or be responsible. (As they were listening to this, He went on to tell a parable because He was near Jerusalem, and they thought the kingdom of God was going to appear right away)

A sign for you may not be a sign for me or vice versa. Jesus provided the sign of Jonah when asked to provide one but many of those who heard [or those who now read] his words failed to understand what he was saying. Jesus always answered with the right answer when he answered, but who was able to understand his meaning?

2)so much for Jesus being God, huh?
Or at least "God" as so many people want to define Him. Do believers really at time have different definitions of God? Jesus is NOT the same as the Father yet we read these words in scripture:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." Heb 1:8

What is the difference between Jesus and the Father, if both are indeed really God? For my own answer, [or at least the beginning of an answer]
I consider this verse spoken by Pharaoh to Joseph:

Gen 41:40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

3) see, no one knows the day or the hour because it is entirely up to you. I agree that you will likely come and meet Him in the clouds (of witnesses) before you die, just like that other guy likely did--be interesting to read anything he wrote or said before he died, he was a pastor, i think?
Or if we happen to be one of the witnesses coming with Him? Rapture people may want to use this to their support, but I see rather another difference between the Bride and the Church. The day and the hour as you speak it may well be the one for me or for you. My day and hour are likely to differ from yours... no?

Reactions: bbyrd009

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1)a clever way of relating that the event happens differently for everyone, and even may not happen for everyone, couched in language that recognizes that many people sought then and still seek now a literal application, a "sign," a manifestation of the Spirit into the physical realm, without their having to do any work for it or be responsible. (As they were listening to this, He went on to tell a parable because He was near Jerusalem, and they thought the kingdom of God was going to appear right away)

First, Jesus answered the question, "when will you return" Jesus responded, "as for that day no man knows the day or the hour , not the angles in heaven nor the Son, only the Father.
Hear there are to parts, If Jesus was referring His returning in the air ( numo, air, spirit ) to take his saints to heaven, That would be an any time event. God telling Jesus go get your people. The other would be Jesus Physically setting foot on the Mount of Olives, That will be on a Jewish Feast day. Those dates are known, except for the feast of Trumpets. The feast of Trumpets is also known as " the feast that no one knows the day or hr.

2)so much for Jesus being God, huh?
I hope that is not what you believe.

yes, and you are free to interpret those logically as well, if that is what seems right to you. Of course most of that has already "literally" occurred anyway, 70 ad or whatever, unless you ascribe to the other camp, who seeks different signs, but i suggest that there is a third path, that few take or even consider, at least until they get to about your age, i am noticing, and have managed to find your measure of grace.

Math 24 ,mark 13, luk 21. Has the signs of Jesus return. ALL these signs will happen in one Generation and this generation will not pass away before I ( Jesus ) return. I could be wrong But I don't think anyone is alive today, that was alive in 70 AD. On the other hand the Prophesy give to me would put me and any one alive in 1948 in THAT generation. I was born in 1941 Israeli was born in 1948. The Fig tree ( Israeli ) rebirth is the first end time sign. the rest are coming like foot steps. God bless.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip> If the first and last day that Noah spent inside the ark are counted inclusively as full days, then it would have been about 371 days.<snip>

I am curious as to how you came up with 371 days upon the ark.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month ...

Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dry.

2/17/600 - 2/27/601

The months are lunar.

The count, would be from 2/17/600 - 2/16/601 with a remainder of 11 days.

12 months * a mean of 29.53 = 354.36 + 11 days = 365.36 days upon the ark.

Noah was upon the ark for a solar year.

BTW: Welcome to CB Dave Watchman.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The other would be Jesus Physically setting foot on the Mount of Olives, That will be on a Jewish Feast day. Those dates are known, except for the feast of Trumpets. The feast of Trumpets is also known as " the feast that no one knows the day or hr.
i have no doubt whatsoever that you will see Him come down in the same way you saw Him go up, Pomp. :)
I hope that is not what you believe.
God is the head of Christ

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Math 24 ,mark 13, luk 21. Has the signs of Jesus return.
yes, but i suggest that we are taught "what this means" by people who mean well, but demonstrate Scripturally that they do not know what they are talking about, in many various ways, and i do not mean to put any of these down, as imo the system works perfectly. Logical interpretations are argued by logical thinkers, who boldly declare Dualist perspectives with pride to those who fear hell, all stabbing a finger at some verse or other, and more power to them imo. This is how we find God, by finding not-God first, i guess.

If "budding of the fig tree" must mean "1948" to you, as i was raised with also, then my choices seem to be to either dispute with you about it and get divided, essentially, or nod my head and agree so that we might stay friends, and put the information to its proper use, that being "Pomp, revealed, for you to see." (same thing going on with me, or anyone, iow)

I mean, i could demonstrate Scripturally who the real Israel is as far as God is concerned, but then you surely have some equally compelling argument, at least to you, for why i would be wrong, right? And being as how we were both raised to think Logically, and neither of us can hardly do anything else now if we tried, those are our choices, correct? A or notA, the vassal of the US that is the country we call Israel, or the nation of Israel, the people, which i am a citizen of.

But i would like to suggest to you that we now know, have discovered, that the Bible was not written from this perspective, that being the perspective of "Logic," as we were raised to assume, despite all (and staying willfully ignorant of) of the inter-denominational disagreement on interpretations. The authors of Torah are now acknowledged to be masters of Dialectical thought, and Scripture reveals this on pretty much every page, once you know what to look for, which i am still learning.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Math 24 ,mark 13, luk 21. Has the signs of Jesus return. ALL these signs will happen in one Generation and this generation will not pass away before I ( Jesus ) return. I could be wrong But I don't think anyone is alive today, that was alive in 70 AD.
yes, so you are basically forced to come to a conclusion about Christ, and should maybe contemplate "the kingdom does not come by observation."
On the other hand the Prophesy give to me would put me and any one alive in 1948 in THAT generation. I was born in 1941 Israeli was born in 1948. The Fig tree ( Israeli ) rebirth is the first end time sign. the rest are coming like foot steps. God bless.
straight comedy, Pomp. You are obviously a good hearted, mature seeker, ok; those guys who taught you that stuff meant well, but that is strictly milk, and not meat. imo. Notice how other Scripture must always be ignored, in order to force a Logical pov onto some other Scripture. There cannot, and will never be agreement with that method, wadr.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm Pleased that you believe GOD. Your faith is strong. God bless.......
the Revelation of Christ was as valid for a first century Roman as it is for you, Pomp, and i wish you the best. There is no special-snowflake generation, and Jesus is waiting for you, you are not waiting for Jesus. Unless you are.

Reactions: ScottA

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, but i suggest that we are taught "what this means" by people who mean well, but demonstrate Scripturally that they do not know what they are talking about, in many various ways, and i do not mean to put any of these down, as imo the system works perfectly. Logical interpretations are argued by logical thinkers, who boldly declare Dualist perspectives with pride to those who fear hell, all stabbing a finger at some verse or other, and more power to them imo. This is how we find God, by finding not-God first, i guess.

If "budding of the fig tree" must mean "1948" to you, as i was raised with also, then my choices seem to be to either dispute with you about it and get divided, essentially, or nod my head and agree so that we might stay friends, and put the information to its proper use, that being "Pomp, revealed, for you to see." (same thing going on with me, or anyone, iow)

I mean, i could demonstrate Scripturally who the real Israel is as far as God is concerned, but then you surely have some equally compelling argument, at least to you, for why i would be wrong, right? And being as how we were both raised to think Logically, and neither of us can hardly do anything else now if we tried, those are our choices, correct? A or notA, the vassal of the US that is the country we call Israel, or the nation of Israel, the people, which i am a citizen of.

But i would like to suggest to you that we now know, have discovered, that the Bible was not written from this perspective, that being the perspective of "Logic," as we were raised to assume, despite all (and staying willfully ignorant of) of the inter-denominational disagreement on interpretations. The authors of Torah are now acknowledged to be masters of Dialectical thought, and Scripture reveals this on pretty much every page, once you know what to look for, which i am still learning.

Groper. I don't think you and I are as far apart as you think. I also believe that many people confuse Israeli, Judah, the nation of Israeli, the 12 tribes of Israeli. The nation of Israeli is made up of part of Judah, Levi and Dan. Three of the 12 tribes. I think there are still more Jew's in the USA then in the country of Israeli. There are also many of the 12 tribe in the USA.

The 1948 issue I think is about the land, nation of Israeli. And is the focus end time prophesy. Recreated in one day by the UN in 1948. There was a prophesy for this. and that is were the city of Jerusalem is, The apple of God's eye, many prophesy's revolve around Jerusalem. That is IN the land, nation of Israeli.
There may be some other argument for " the budding of the Fig tree " Not being the Nation of Israeli being recreated in 1948. But it fits with the Math24 mark 13 Luk 21 end time prophesy's that are still coming to pass in this one generation.

But I'm still a green apple. Walk in the light of Jesus.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, so you are basically forced to come to a conclusion about Christ, and should maybe contemplate "the kingdom does not come by observation."

When Jesus sets foot on the mount of olives ( It is written ) that lightning will flash from the east even to the west. That should be observable. Or is there some other statement in the Bible that said that we should dismiss this one?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When Jesus sets foot on the mount of olives ( It is written ) that lightning will flash from the east even to the west. That should be observable. Or is there some other statement in the Bible that said that we should dismiss this one?
ha, funny you mention that one, as "Dialectic" is usually described as "Eastern" thinking. Thus "lightning flashing from East to West" can describe another concept, see? But note that even with this understanding, the old one is not necessarily "dismissed" ok, it hasn't gone anywhere.

Also, the Mount of Olives can be said to have already split from east to west, by the same reasoning. That is all OT, right, like Zechariah or something i think? And we can note the splitting of the Orthodox church into East and West, after Christ, also entirely "observable."

Now, will Jesus literally stand on the Mount and split it apart, some day in the future? I would not tell you "no way," ok, but i would point out that at some point one can no longer fool a child with statements like "Stay here for the present."

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Revelation of Christ was as valid for a first century Roman as it is for you, Pomp, and i wish you the best. There is no special-snowflake generation, and Jesus is waiting for you, you are not waiting for Jesus. Unless you are.

I'm no snowflake and I have the scars to prove it!
I'm sure Jesus is waiting for me to do something. but I don't know what it is yet." He who has begun a good work in you will finish it ".
I have never calmed to be any one special or some kind of saint. I'm probably the biggest sinner you will ever come across. I have done nothing to deserve or earn the divine protection God has surrounded me with to keep me alive until Jesus returns. and I have no idea why.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, funny you mention that one, as "Dialectic" is usually described as "Eastern" thinking. Thus "lightning flashing from East to West" can describe another concept, see? But note that even with this understanding, the old one is not necessarily "dismissed" ok, it hasn't gone anywhere.

Also, the Mount of Olives can be said to have already split from east to west, by the same reasoning. That is all OT, right, like Zechariah or something i think? And we can note the splitting of the Orthodox church into East and West, after Christ, also entirely "observable."

Now, will Jesus literally stand on the Mount and split it apart, some day in the future? I would not tell you "no way," ok, but i would point out that at some point one can no longer fool a child with statements like "Stay here for the present."

I can't see the forest because all the trees are in the way.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm no snowflake and I have the scars to prove it!
I'm sure Jesus is waiting for me to do something. but I don't know what it is yet."
yes, i see this a lot. It is my opinion that you are doing it right now, step by step, changing your mind a little more each day. This morning you had prolly never heard of Eastern Dialecticism, and had no idea that the authors of Torah were acknowledged masters of that art; now you are, do, and have. And these may not even be important to what you have learned today, may be of no interest to you whatsoever, too.
He who has begun a good work in you will finish it ".
I have never calmed to be any one special or some kind of saint.
we do this by default when we state that Jesus is prolly coming back for us tomorrow, as a literal, observable phenom, without realizing it, see.
I'm probably the biggest sinner you will ever come across. I have done nothing to deserve or earn the divine protection God has surrounded me with to keep me alive until Jesus returns. and I have no idea why.
ha tbh i doubt you sin much at your age, i notice as ppl get to a certain age they either go one way or the other.

So, you might describe the last time someone came to you with a complaint about one of your actions, and how it was resolved, and we might see, but i am not much into this false modesty thing anymore, not saying modesty does not have a place, but rather that if you are confessing your wrongdoings to those you have wronged, and seeking to make them right, then none of that other stuff has any place even, really.

Even though i get you, most of my sins are those of omission now, it is up to me i guess to notice them, as they would generally be overlooked or whatever, dunno quite what to do there, i guess just accept that grace is being bestowed upon you, and it comes because of how you are already perceived, right? If you were really a jerk, ppl would be remarking upon your sins of omission i guess; not that that makes it any easier when you discover one that you have been doing, huh.

Last edited:

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never told us that you had psychic ability.
This, I know. There is nothing you or anyone else can say or do to try muddy the water that will cause my to move from my rock. (I will be alive when Jesus returns ) and nothing will change that. You can't see the forest because the trees are in the way.
The End.....